E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need tow hook or spare tire by Monday!

03-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
tony3series
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 35i M-Sport

Need tow hook or spare tire by Monday!

Hit a pothole, blew out the sidewall on my front left tire. Non run flat tires. Luckily it happened right by my house so I was able to make it home. Got a flatbed tow truck to my house, tow truck driver couldn't figure out how to get the car hooked up. I mentioned the tow hook in the front of the car but my tow hook is nowhere to be found. (Just bought the car a month ago from Ma n Pop dealer. Previous owner must not have left it in car)

I need either a tow hook to tow the car on Monday or a spare tire that will fit my car so I can get to the tire shop Monday. Any suggestions where I can get either to me by Monday morning? Any place that carries them that'd be open tonight/tomorrow?

I was thinking about trying my wife's Cobalt SS spare tire just to see if it's work but chickened out. Don't wanna mess thigns up worse than they already are. I might just take the rim/tire off and bring it in Monday without the car, but then I'd have to borrow a car to get up there HaHa
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
NormE91
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Touring

Why not take the wheel off and bring it to a tire shop?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
tony3series
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormE91 View Post
Why not take the wheel off and bring it to a tire shop?
That's probably what I'll end up doing. Just thought I'd ask around and see if anyone knows a place where I could buy the tow hook on a Sunday. I checked Oreilleys, Autozone etc, they don't have em for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
MountainStone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Sedan

Call a wrecking yard; tow eyes are the kind of things people leave in cars and i bet they'd only charge a minimal amount. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the tow eye for my Mercedes was the same size as the one for my BMW. Makes me wonder if they're all a standard size. Does your wife's Cobalt have a tow eye, and if so, have you tried it? Regardless, pick one up when you get the chance.

Taking the wheel off is prolly your cheapest option, though. Hope you didn't damage the wheel...
      03-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
tony3series
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainStone View Post
Call a wrecking yard; tow eyes are the kind of things people leave in cars and i bet they'd only charge a minimal amount. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the tow eye for my Mercedes was the same size as the one for my BMW. Makes me wonder if they're all a standard size. Does your wife's Cobalt have a tow eye, and if so, have you tried it? Regardless, pick one up when you get the chance.

Taking the wheel off is prolly your cheapest option, though. Hope you didn't damage the wheel...
That's a good idea, didn't think to call a wrecking yard. I'll give some a call tomorrow, if no dice then I'll just take the rim off and find a ride up to the tire shop. Thanks for the quick replies quys.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3series View Post
Hit a pothole, blew out the sidewall on my front left tire. Non run flat tires. Luckily it happened right by my house so I was able to make it home. Got a flatbed tow truck to my house, tow truck driver couldn't figure out how to get the car hooked up. I mentioned the tow hook in the front of the car but my tow hook is nowhere to be found. (Just bought the car a month ago from Ma n Pop dealer. Previous owner must not have left it in car)

I need either a tow hook to tow the car on Monday or a spare tire that will fit my car so I can get to the tire shop Monday. Any suggestions where I can get either to me by Monday morning? Any place that carries them that'd be open tonight/tomorrow?

I was thinking about trying my wife's Cobalt SS spare tire just to see if it's work but chickened out. Don't wanna mess thigns up worse than they already are. I might just take the rim/tire off and bring it in Monday without the car, but then I'd have to borrow a car to get up there HaHa
Did you look in the tool storage compartment.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Seems like a lot of work to get a tire replaced. Just put the wheel in the Cobalt & take it in. That being said I would still get the tow hook if I did not have one.

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

try craigslist
Appreciate 0