E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > city drivers.. stray cats

01-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

city drivers.. stray cats

How do you deal with these stupid F*n stray cats? people within the city should know what I'm talking about, I'm so tired of seeing paw prints and marks on my car because of them. It is a hassle to constantly take off and put on a car cover. (and please no dumb park it in the garage comments) if we could I'm sure we would.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Car Cover?

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
slider86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP 6MT, 2021 M2C 6MT

Hard to deal with in the winter since they'll be strongly attracted to the residual heat from the engine bay after a drive. There really isn't much you can do, and unless you wash your car everyday, I would not keep putting on a cover... you're better off just letting the cats do their thing than swirling up your car with the cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider86 View Post
Hard to deal with in the winter since they'll be strongly attracted to the residual heat from the engine bay after a drive. There really isn't much you can do, and unless you wash your car everyday, I would not keep putting on a cover... you're better off just letting the cats do their thing than swirling up your car with the cover.
it's seriously so annoying... my car is jet black also.... brown paw prints almost every morning........ why can't all of the cat lovers come take all of the stray cats away.. lol I need to buy a dog and put him in the yard
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I have the same problem in my neighborhood. To make matters worse, they piss/ shit/ squat under my house.
The REAL solution is to catch and spay/neuter release, so the colony either dies off, or moves on. Oh, and make sure none of your neighbors aren't feeding them.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
I have the same problem in my neighborhood. To make matters worse, they piss/ shit/ squat under my house.
The REAL solution is to catch and spay/neuter release, so the colony either dies off, or moves on. Oh, and make sure none of your neighbors aren't feeding them.
There goes my effn problem. Neighbors love feeding these stupid cats. Are they still on your car every night ?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie
Quote:
There goes my effn problem. Neighbors love feeding these stupid cats. Are they still on your car every night ?
Not that I noticed, but I'm sure they do. Had a squabble last night- screeching like demons then one goes boom ba boom boom right off the side of my car and down the driveway. Yea I have an asshat neighbor who feeds them.
It's a delicate situation because we get along otherwise really well and she just simply refuses to stop feeding them because she's afraid they'll eat the birds.
What the numbskull fails to realize is they are natural predators by their very nature and will kill a bird despite the fact, just for sport.
The SPCA and animal control will not do anything you have to look up a place like what Petsmart has for cats like a humans for animals type organization.
The others will just tell you here give us a 50 spot and will give you a trap. Assholes.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335
Ha, I'm positive someone on my block feeds the cats or something cause it's always the same looking cats on my block. Like you said, they'll kill anything even for fun. I saw this fucker try to kill a squirrel in my backyard and was not giving up until the squirrel got to a part of the phone lines it couldn't get to. Not to mention they always pick to have sex in my backyard.
      01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not that I noticed, but I'm sure they do. Had a squabble last night- screeching like demons then one goes boom ba boom boom right off the side of my car and down the driveway. Yea I have an asshat neighbor who feeds them.
It's a delicate situation because we get along otherwise really well and she just simply refuses to stop feeding them because she's afraid they'll eat the birds.
What the numbskull fails to realize is they are natural predators by their very nature and will kill a bird despite the fact, just for sport.
The SPCA and animal control will not do anything you have to look up a place like what Petsmart has for cats like a humans for animals type organization.
The others will just tell you here give us a 50 spot and will give you a trap. Assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY. View Post
Ha, I'm positive someone on my block feeds the cats or something cause it's always the same looking cats on my block. Like you said, they'll kill anything even for fun. I saw this fucker try to kill a squirrel in my backyard and was not giving up until the squirrel got to a part of the phone lines it couldn't get to. Not to mention they always pick to have sex in my backyard.

so everyone just deals with the stupid cats? (no offense to cat lovers)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335
Hah, my squirrels are ghetto thugs- I saw one nearly rip the face off of one of those ferals the other week. They won't mess with them lol...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
m@rco
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 540i; '07 328i; '03 R1150R

Not sure if this works but it's worth a try: spread the content of a (or many) used coffee filters around the circumference of your car. The cat may/will walk on the coffee dirt and, when licking his body/feet, will not appreciate the bitter taste of the coffee dirt. It will learn quickly and never walk around that area again. I've been told that this trick works to keep a cat out of your yard/lawn. Not sure if it will work on your car because i can imagine that you don't always park in the same spot. Anyway, my two cents... Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rco View Post
Not sure if this works but it's worth a try: spread the content of a (or many) used coffee filters around the circumference of your car. The cat may/will walk on the coffee dirt and, when licking his body/feet, will not appreciate the bitter taste of the coffee dirt. It will learn quickly and never walk around that area again. I've been told that this trick works to keep a cat out of your yard/lawn. Not sure if it will work on your car because i can imagine that you don't always park in the same spot. Anyway, my two cents... Good luck.
hmm i may try this. I do always park in the same spot in the yard area of my house. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
thenewrick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i Black Sapphire

I'd shoot em with bb guns but be careful not to hit the car on accident
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

I found no other meaningful solution besides hood cover. Just a piece of tarp works fine. Hood is the main area that needs protection from cats. While they might visit the other parts of the car as well, most of the damage they do is concentrated on the hood. And an non-groomed cat can easily do a lot of damage to the car's clearcoat with its claws.

The problem with a full car cover is that it is too cumbersome to put on and take off, which typically makes the owner to stop using it after a short while. Meanwhile a hood cover, sized precisely to cover the hood alone takes only about 30 seconds to put on or take off.

Granted, if you have a lot of abrasive particles collected on your hood, then a piece of tarp will not provide full protection, since a cat walking over the tarp will still cause the clearcoat to get scratched by those particles. However, it is still much better than what a cat can do to a completely unprotected clearcoat with its paws and claws.

Last edited by AndreyT; 01-06-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #15
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
I found no other meaningful solution besides hood cover. Just a piece of tarp works fine. Hood is the main area that needs protection from cats. While they might visit the other parts of the car as well, most of the damage they do is concentrated on the hood. And an non-groomed cat can easily do a lot of damage to the car's clearcoat with its claws.

The problem with a full car cover is that it is too cumbersome to put on and take off, which typically makes the owner to stop using it after a short while. Meanwhile a hood cover, sized precisely to cover the hood alone takes only about 30 seconds to put on or take off.

Granted, if you have a lot of abrasive particles collected on your hood, then a piece of tarp will not provide full protection, since a cat walking over the tarp will still cause the clearcoat to get scratched by those particles. However, it is still much better than what a cat can do to a completely unprotected clearcoat with its paws and claws.
which specific hood cover did you get?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #16
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

As with every other problem posed by living in the city, there is only one answer: Move to the burbs!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
straightcashhomie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
As with every other problem posed by living in the city, there is only one answer: Move to the burbs!
Another smart ass pointless remark.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #18
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie View Post
Another smart ass pointless remark.
Theres just not a lot of good solutions.

Either kill off the population, protect your car with a cover, get a garage, or move. I seriously cant think of any other solutions. Maybe you should catch the cats and drive them to another town lol
      01-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #19
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

shoot them in your backyard, out of site of all you rneighbors. duhh
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

Dude, I'm with you. I have frikin 7-8 cats frequent my backyard every day. I'm an animal lover so it wasn't that bad. UNTIL I noticed that recently they like to climb up on my car and I've even seen 2 laying on my trunk. It's annoying. They dirty the car, scratch it with their nails, and etc. I have to always keep a car cover on which is so much work.

My friend told me about a device that emits a high pitch frequency that annoys cats, dogs, rabbits, deer, etc. I might look into that. It's called "Yard Guard".
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There are ultrasonic kritter repellent devices.

There are ultrasonic kritter repellent devices.
Do a google search.

http://lloydschoicepetsupplies.com/c...nt-cat002.html

http://www.havahart.com/spray-away-v...FYl7QgodgBsABQ
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
Huh? How does moving anywhere can solve such omnipresent problem as stray cats?

Maybe moving to Antarctica will help... but I'm not entirely sure about that.
Appreciate 0