E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > almost got my rims stolen.. watch out

10-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #23
335alive
i accidentally the verb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ

wow i used to work at Woodbine Chrysler...didn't think that area was this bad.

glad you got to keep your wheels dude!
'08 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD
'13 BRZ SportTech 6MT - current
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #24
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335alive View Post
wow i used to work at Woodbine Chrysler...didn't think that area was this bad.

glad you got to keep your wheels dude!
u know what.. i didnt think so either.. iv had my bmw valve stem caps stolen a few times lol but nothing this big.. fml
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #25
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
u know what.. i didnt think so either.. iv had my bmw valve stem caps stolen a few times lol but nothing this big.. fml
time to move out of the ghetto homey.
      10-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #26
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAB View Post
time to move out of the ghetto homey.
im not in the ghetto which is why im so surprised this happened.. neighbor has 2bmws (5serise) and an acura truck.. and to my left, the guy has a lexis is350 or w.e those r called.. not upscale but not a ghetto
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #27
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

wow! sorry to see this! even though you didnt loose the wheels, Id still feel uneasy about leaving my car outside
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #28
LDNA
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Damn, could it be an inside job?
maybe ... the management of my apartment said they saw nothing suspicious in the security camera tape
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #29
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Is this kinda stuff pervasive in Canada?...havent heard or seen that happenin in NY for years..now they just take your spoiler or tow hook covers..easy stuff..takes some balls to sit out in a driveaway and do that..

Someone pulls that crap in my driveway my dog is alerting me and they r prolly catching some lead for their troubles...but thats us crazy americans..we r all gun nuts.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #30
KCX_335xi
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 | 2013 e70 X5

Close call man ! Just trash, margin of our society looking for quick money... I would have no problem letting my 90lbs Doberman loose on them if they were on my property... Stuff like that just angers me.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #31
Saturns
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42,570GT,Lp5704STS,F36,F34

Garage List
I live close by to that area too. Houses in the area are at 350k-850k+
I go to the mall for my Timmy's and fill up gas. Close to me there definitely is at Ferrari, a couple of Porche's, 2 Lotus Elise, 2 Maserati's.
Its not a ghetto area.
I just heard the other day that in that mall at Woodbine and Hwy 16 where they have a Greek restaurant a group was having lunch. Like everyone else ... we place our phones on the table. A group of black guys stood up from their table...snatched 2 iPhones and ran. The people ran after the guys and they got beaten up in broad daylight.
Please note I am not casting stereotypes and just passing info on the story.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
i woke up, took a shower and got ready for a midterm im having today... it started off as a normal day until my mom came into my room and said my cars on blocks and some black guys tried to steal my rims... i RANNNN down stairs and found the passenger side on blocks fml i started yelling "wahhh they stole my babbbbyys (brand new19" bbs ch-rs) but my mom came out and told me they were in the house..... apparently my neighbors had heard and called the police, then they called my house and my dad jumped out of bed in his underwear and grabbed his bat and scared the thieves away.. 6 police cars came, a helicopter and 2 sniffing dogs lol.. they blocked off the street for an hour and took most of the thieves shit but i got to keep a couple of things which i took a pic of lol

no damage as far as i can tell but this happened right on my driveway... anyway the goodies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturns View Post
I go to the mall for my Timmy's and fill up gas. Close to me there definitely is at Ferrari, a couple of Porche's, 2 Lotus Elise, 2 Maserati's.
Its not a ghetto area.
I just heard the other day that in that mall at Woodbine and Hwy 16 where they have a Greek restaurant a group was having lunch. Like everyone else ... we place our phones on the table. A group of black guys stood up from their table...snatched 2 iPhones and ran. The people ran after the guys and they got beaten up in broad daylight.
This a pattern in Canada..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #33
MOAB
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche & BMW

Quote:
Its not a ghetto area.
fyi, $850k in Toronto gets you 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and, if lucky, a tiny garage. $350K gets you a self storage locker.
      10-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #34
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNA View Post
maybe ... the management of my apartment said they saw nothing suspicious in the security camera tape
Interesting, is it a condo or apartment? They would prob say they didn't see anything so investigation doesnt go far, too much hassle for them and bad publicity.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #35
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

I am glad you was able to retrieve you stuff, those black mother f@&kers are making us look bad.

No one should f@&k with your car!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #36
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Its not a ghetto area.

there's no such thing as stereotypes only observational facts. iv learned this over the years.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #37
melmo
Rep
Drives: 335i

I live in Richmond Hill and back in 2008 I had my 2008 Toyota Highlander stolen out of my driveway. Just a few days before it was stolen, I had taken it into the dealership for it's first oil change. The police speculated that someone at the dealership copied my key including the immobilizer chip, then swung by one night, hopped in and drove off in it. Apparently this type of theft is quite common. Now I keep my outdoor lights on at night and have a night vision security camera installed and aimed at my driveway.

After this incident, I was told that you never take your car in for servicing at dealership near your house - it's too convenient for the car thieves that work there.

You live, you learn
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #38
homieG
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F

wow man this is crazy! Saw so many posts this summer of ppl getting their wheels jacked! Why are people so ghetto!!? Glad your neighbor saw them and hope those fuckers get caught!

and melmo....that's nuts dude! I work at a dealership and we would NEVER copy someone's key! But then again, there is a lot of POS ppl in the car industry and I'm sure some of them would do that. I'm glad i dont work at such a dealership!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #39
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Whoa. Sorry to hear about this OP but glad that they didn't get away with it either. I'm in a similar situation as you where I sometimes leave my ride on the driveway cause I don't want to deal with the hassle of moving the cars around to get it out in the morning. Now I'm re-thinking that maybe it isn't so bad considering.

Just thinking if it's better to add the rims to the insurance or get an OEM alarm since it has the tilt sensor so they can't jack it up without it going off.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision2 View Post
Whoa. Sorry to hear about this OP but glad that they didn't get away with it either. I'm in a similar situation as you where I sometimes leave my ride on the driveway cause I don't want to deal with the hassle of moving the cars around to get it out in the morning. Now I'm re-thinking that maybe it isn't so bad considering.

Just thinking if it's better to add the rims to the insurance or get an OEM alarm since it has the tilt sensor so they can't jack it up without it going off.
we have the same year car (2007)... i assume urs came with the alarm wiring like mine did. If so, its $202 for the harness and 1.5hours install/programming... i think its 100% worth it and i feel like an idiot for not buying this sooner
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #41
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCX_335xi View Post
Close call man ! Just trash, margin of our society looking for quick money... I would have no problem letting my 90lbs Doberman loose on them if they were on my property... Stuff like that just angers me.
if this were 6months ago i probly would have woken up the second they stepped onto my driveway.. however my dog is now deaf and to old to do anything LOLOL.. wish i had a bad ass dog.......................... or a cheetah, that would be epic to let loose on criminals
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #42
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
we have the same year car (2007)... i assume urs came with the alarm wiring like mine did. If so, its $202 for the harness and 1.5hours install/programming... i think its 100% worth it and i feel like an idiot for not buying this sooner
I believe all Canadian spec models come pre-wired but I should probably check mine just to be sure. Where did you get a price of $202? I had contacted Mike @ Maranello a few weeks ago about a quote for it (was thinking about getting it if it were relatively cheap) and all the various parts of the retro fit (ex. siren, ultrasonic sensor module, mounting brackets, etc) came to almost $500. Although I'm going to hit up Mike again cause it seems like Tisher sells an OEM E9x alarm system for $265USD but has a different part number. Wondering if there are 2 different kits (pre-LCI and LCI) and I got quoted the LCI one. As for the programming, I was told that it may vary depending how old the software on your car is cause they have to run a full update and can't just pick new modules to add.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #43
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision2 View Post
I believe all Canadian spec models come pre-wired but I should probably check mine just to be sure. Where did you get a price of $202? I had contacted Mike @ Maranello a few weeks ago about a quote for it (was thinking about getting it if it were relatively cheap) and all the various parts of the retro fit (ex. siren, ultrasonic sensor module, mounting brackets, etc) came to almost $500. Although I'm going to hit up Mike again cause it seems like Tisher sells an OEM E9x alarm system for $265USD but has a different part number. Wondering if there are 2 different kits (pre-LCI and LCI) and I got quoted the LCI one. As for the programming, I was told that it may vary depending how old the software on your car is cause they have to run a full update and can't just pick new modules to add.
um i have an American car so mine could be different.. all i needed to buy was a "alarm harness" w.e that is.. which came to 202.59 plus tax... they also said i had to pay for 1.5hours of programing and install (133$ per hour)

i duno how the parts alone came to 500 for u
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #44
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
i duno how the parts alone came to 500 for u
You and me both. Time to send a quick email. Thanks for the info and good luck with the car. You may want to look into one of these as well.

Appreciate 0