E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > R26.R - Bedford Track Day

02-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #23
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Ian I'll post some this afternoon!!

Also mate videos ain't the best in showing what an experience can be like. Steve was bang on it and not one car came past us!
      02-22-2012, 03:26 AM   #24
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Looks like you both had a good day out Steve despite the weather.
Good video,but tell me,have you lost your mojo,was it the lack of bikes on the track, or did the video not tell the whole story?
In comparison to the laps around the ring I sat in on a few yrs back which defied the laws of physics, and nearly required a change of underwear, the drive in that vid looked like a Sunday drive around Richmond park
Hi Ian, long time no hear fella - hope Sue is ok these days - Louisa sends her love. I totally understand what you are saying about the video and i can only really echo Carlos' retort. I will add a couple of things though - firstly, that was our very first laps out on track, first thing in the morning, cold and slightly greasy circuit - i'd also never been to Bedford before and i was literally guessing the entry/apex/exits points - brand new unscrubbed R888's which to be fair are amazing tyres but really only start working once the temps are up and on such a cold miserable day i doubt the temps got anywhere near optimum and then coupled with all that the fact that believe it or not that was the most i'd ever driven the R26.R since i bought it last month so I'm still not overly familiar with its handling characteristics.
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm making excuses because I'm genuinely happy to admit I'm not the quickest driver out there. On the day i was very impressed with how the car handled and drove and as Carlos said, there was some pretty impressive metal out there that day and not one single car overtook me all day so i must have been doing something right. At the end of the day Ian, my R35 GTR was in a whole different league and the Nurburgring is light years from the Bedford Autodrome!! I don't think anything i am lucky enough to own in the future will ever match my laps of the Ring in the GTR. That said i am more than confident that i can more than hold my own in any company, driving any car on any circuit. If you fancy coming along on one of the Ring trips this year i will gladly take you for a lap and see if we can't find that old mojo!! But would highly recommend a spare pair of pantaloons!!!! Speak soon fella!
      02-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #25
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Hi Ian, long time no hear fella - hope Sue is ok these days - Louisa sends her love. I totally understand what you are saying about the video and i can only really echo Carlos' retort. I will add a couple of things though - firstly, that was our very first laps out on track, first thing in the morning, cold and slightly greasy circuit - i'd also never been to Bedford before and i was literally guessing the entry/apex/exits points - brand new unscrubbed R888's which to be fair are amazing tyres but really only start working once the temps are up and on such a cold miserable day i doubt the temps got anywhere near optimum and then coupled with all that the fact that believe it or not that was the most i'd ever driven the R26.R since i bought it last month so I'm still not overly familiar with its handling characteristics.
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm making excuses because I'm genuinely happy to admit I'm not the quickest driver out there. On the day i was very impressed with how the car handled and drove and as Carlos said, there was some pretty impressive metal out there that day and not one single car overtook me all day so i must have been doing something right. At the end of the day Ian, my R35 GTR was in a whole different league and the Nurburgring is light years from the Bedford Autodrome!! I don't think anything i am lucky enough to own in the future will ever match my laps of the Ring in the GTR. That said i am more than confident that i can more than hold my own in any company, driving any car on any circuit. If you fancy coming along on one of the Ring trips this year i will gladly take you for a lap and see if we can't find that old mojo!! But would highly recommend a spare pair of pantaloons!!!! Speak soon fella!
It was a very tongue in cheek comment Steve,based on what was a memorable time at the ring and around the surrounding area.
It's hard to decide what was more exciting,the laps, or having to go and get some fuel,yet again!

No excuses necessary,and I'm sure being in the car would have been a totally different experience to watching a snippet in a vid.

I'll keep my eye open for the ring trips,also let us know if you have any more UK based track days coming up,I'd like to tag along

Not too sure Su will come along,after her lap round the ring with Tone,cars and tracks (trips to Tesco with me) are not high on her list of 'life's must do agains'.

We'll have to arrange a meet,or a go-kart day.

Just found this Steve:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...%3F&mid=220305

Some pics on here (you may have seen them):
http://tracksideimage.com/trackdayph...&event=Bedford Autodrome&grp=Mixed&clr=Black
Attached Images

Last edited by Hotcoupe; 02-22-2012 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Info on PH
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #26
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Great vid - sounds phenominal.
Looking forward to seeing/hearing it in the metal - I'm going to try and organise a run out over the "Evo Triangle" roads when the weather is a little more reliable - I think your machine would be devsatating round those roads.
I'm going to Wales in May with the family and plan on incorporating some Evo roads.

I too would be interested in going to Evo T roads with some petrol heads.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Some pics on here (you may have seen them):
http://tracksideimage.com/trackdayph...&event=Bedford Autodrome&grp=Mixed&clr=Black
That Zed was interesting, brand new, and think it had a full NISMO kit on it (pretty rare sight) and had some good 'arse-out' action . Makes me want to get out there myself (but know I'd shit myself).
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:16 AM   #28
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ian - thanks for the links fella - some nice pics on there too! Please give our love to Sue and yes i totally agree we need to get together again soon - so lets get planning something asap!!!
      02-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #29
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
I was thinking of arranging a kart meet when the weather pics up.
      02-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #30
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I was thinking of arranging a kart meet when the weather pics up.
Im 100% up for that!!!!
      02-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #31
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Ditto.
The arrangement of practice/quali/race at that gaff in Newmarket was great, I thought.
Let me know when you've got some dates in mind or if you need a hand organising.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #32
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
We MUST do Buckmore Park - ive always wanted to go there. Can we do this Carlos??
      02-25-2012, 02:44 AM   #33
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Yeah mate, I'll look into a few. Buckmores a wonderful circuit just a lot more expensive.

I'll ring ya with some options.
      02-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #34
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Where is Buckmore park?

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #35
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
In Kent mate.

Value for money wise you can't beat what we did at Newmarket eh!
      02-25-2012, 03:46 AM   #36
rocketr
I've seen the future...its in Munich!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e46 BMW 320ci M Sport

Garage List
R26R is looking very nice! Great track weapons. I do miss my R26
      02-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #37
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketr View Post
R26R is looking very nice! Great track weapons. I do miss my R26
Thanks fella.
      04-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #38
Gee-klaw
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 on order

Did you have any noise issues?
      04-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #39
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Loving loving loving that car! It seems to tuck right in on the bends, would love a blast sometime stevieboy