E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > pthomas1984 - AVOID this scammer

02-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #45
Super Amjo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

lol - good laugh for the end of the workday.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #46
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
I find it pathetic the OP actually stalk the seller online rather than spend that time and buy a cable himself.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #47
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Lol we have guys from CA chiming in on this - Just suck it up and say you're sorry OP. Is your future reputation with members in this area worth it over a $2 cable and your pride?
      02-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #48
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthomas1984 View Post
Well as im putting the usb cable in the envelope to send out something tells me to check out the forums...glad i did because apparently im a piece of shit scammer because my son was born yesterday morning and i didnt have time to ship out this dipshits usb cable...well in the spirit of scamming ill be giving away this usb cord free of charge conpliments of this internet gangster...r u kidding me buddy what a joke instead of being grateful for a great deal on camera ur whining like a lil girl about a $3 cable that i told u i would send when i got a chance....at any rate if anyone needs a usb cable that hooks up to a camera (also can use as a ps3 controller charger) let ne know n u can thank brinkmann...prick...oh yea tcw my bad like i said more pressing matters but im still interested
Pictures of newborn or OP will still keep thinking you're a scammer.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #49
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

You should mail op the umbilical cord and see if it works with the camera!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #50
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

Not sure why this is still attracting so much attention. The guy went back on his word and has no legitimate/verifiable excuse for not following through with what he promised me. He was online browsing the forms throughout the 48 hour period I was trying to contact him and refused to respond. If he was so busy with his newborn child, what the hell was he doing on browsing E90post? And he couldn't have taken two seconds to respond to my multiple PMs and text messages?

That's all I have to say on this matter. I owe no one an apology and I still think he's a scammer.

Furthermore, surely anyone of moderate intelligence can see the irony in criticizing me for not responding to this thread in a timely manner.
      02-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #51
Cid00x
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe. Manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkmann View Post
Not sure why this is still attracting so much attention. The guy went back on his word and has no legitimate/verifiable excuse for not following through with what he promised me. He was online browsing the forms throughout the 48 hour period I was trying to contact him and refused to respond. If he was so busy with his newborn child, what the hell was he doing on browsing E90post? And he couldn't have taken two seconds to respond to my multiple PMs and text messages?

That's all I have to say on this matter. I owe no one an apology and I still think he's a scammer.

Furthermore, surely anyone of moderate intelligence can see the irony in criticizing me for not responding to this thread in a timely manner.
My friend, some things and moments, hold much greater importance to an individual, than a $2-4 cable. From the looks of it, this cable is worth alot to you. But some people are just not as materialistic, as you. Lol.

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #52
dny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3 4door

OP is unbelievable .... How old r u?
      02-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #53
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:

I think its amazing that you met the guy in person and bought a camera from him, he TOLD YOU that he didnt have the cable BEFORE you bought the camera and you bought it anyway. You got the product you paid for and you met the guy. I dont see how anyone with ANY level of intellegence thinks that that person is then a "scammer". you got exactly what you paid for and in the way it was described. he may be a jerk for neglecting to send you a 2 dollar cable but hey look at the way your treating him, i dont blame him.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #54
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Does OP have kids? When my first was born, I was going through life in a daze. No sleep! I couldn't tell you what I was or wasn't doing the first few days/months.

I have no problem with OP wanting the cable. If the seller said they were going to send it, they should send it. I just feel the OP should have been a little more patient. One day was not long enough to wait before making this thread. Also, since it is a $2 shipped cable, I would have just bought the cable and waited for the seller to send his. Then have two $2 cables. If the seller didn't send it after a week, OP could have raised an issue on principal, but not after a day.
      02-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
I think its amazing that you met the guy in person and bought a camera from him, he TOLD YOU that he didnt have the cable BEFORE you bought the camera and you bought it anyway. You got the product you paid for and you met the guy. I dont see how anyone with ANY level of intellegence thinks that that person is then a "scammer". you got exactly what you paid for and in the way it was described. he may be a jerk for neglecting to send you a 2 dollar cable but hey look at the way your treating him, i dont blame him.
Yes, he told me he didn't have the cable but assured me that he would have it in the mail the next day. I didn't get what I paid for, because what I paid for included the cable. You admit that he's a jerk for not sending me the cable and then chastise me for making it public? Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Does OP have kids? When my first was born, I was going through life in a daze. No sleep! I couldn't tell you what I was or wasn't doing the first few days/months.

I have no problem with OP wanting the cable. If the seller said they were going to send it, they should send it. I just feel the OP should have been a little more patient. One day was not long enough to wait before making this thread. Also, since it is a $2 shipped cable, I would have just bought the cable and waited for the seller to send his. Then have two $2 cables. If the seller didn't send it after a week, OP could have raised an issue on principal, but not after a day.
I gave him well over 48 hours before making this thread. The notion that he couldn't take literally 2 seconds to respond to my text messages within thaat time period is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid00x View Post
My friend, some things and moments, hold much greater importance to an individual, than a $2-4 cable. From the looks of it, this cable is worth alot to you. But some people are just not as materialistic, as you. Lol.
The cable is worth very little to me, it's the guys word I mistakenly placed value on.

Anyway, I'm done entertaining replies to this thread. As I said before, believe what you want, but I think he's full of shit.
      02-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #56
335TWNTURBO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laid Black 335i View Post
I still think Brinkman deserved a text message response. Literally takes 5-10 seconds to respond to a text message. He also noted that pthomas had recent lurking activity on the forums. You have a newborn but you have time to lurk e90post? Make no sense to me.
I agree.

This was a business transaction. Not a buddy doing him a favor to mail cord to him when he got around to it. The OP spent his money for a product and the communication was broken after the exchange of the camera and money. A simple returned text would have yielded a better outcome. Its not about the money its the principle of keeping ones word. When he realized the baby was being born or about to be born, he could at least sent a courtesy text to inform the buyer of the relay.

/ thread.

Last edited by 335TWNTURBO; 02-26-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #57
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
I aggree, He Got Scammed.

I aggree, He Got Scammed.

His brain got scammed, with not having the patiance (Wow, 48 hrs.)
to wait for the seller to get back to him.

And then goes on a rant with that post?
Slow down a bit Brinkmann, and you will live longer.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #58
Cid00x
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe. Manual.

Quote:
Yes, he told me he didn't have the cable but assured me that he would have it in the mail the next day. I didn't get what I paid for, because what I paid for included the cable. You admit that he's a jerk for not sending me the cable and then chastise me for making it public? Hmm.

I gave him well over 48 hours before making this thread. The notion that he couldn't take literally 2 seconds to respond to my text messages within thaat time period is absurd.

The cable is worth very little to me, it's the guys word I mistakenly placed value on.

Anyway, I'm done entertaining replies to this thread. As I said before, believe what you want, but I think he's full of shit.
Where are you located? What do you want? What do you hope to gain out of this? Why are you continuing with this shit? If Pthomas has the decency to let all of this go after you insulted him and tried to tarnish his image, why can't you? I'll buy you the damn cable. Jeez.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #59
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:

That's all I have to say on this matter. I owe no one an apology and I still think he's a scammer..
1. Get off your high horse

2. FFS, you continue to ask why he was browsing bimmerpost throughout the 48 period you were trying to contact him. I think this has been answered. If he gave his fiance's brother his phone, and the brother used his phone to surf bimmerpost, that explains it. That, or if his brother was using his e90post user name. Additionally, it is plausible that the account remained signed when not in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthomas1984 View Post
i was stuck in a hospital room all weekend with my fiance and her family...her brother has an e90 and was looking for stuff for his car the whole time after i told him about the good deals I've gotten on here...smh...
3. They way you've handled things OP, I'd be less inclined to complete a business transaction with you as well.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 02-26-2013 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 05:16 PM   #60
mmbacon
Bacon is soooooo Good
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2,M5C

wow is all
and congrats
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #61
DUI Elite
///M at Heart
Rep
Drives: 06 SGM E90, 15 BSM E84

Theres really no reason to believe either party.

Probably wouldn't purchase from either lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #62
Solidjake
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Poland
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Msport 6MT

This has to be a joke. OP get a life.

Congrats on the newborn btw
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #63
Marsden
Chief Petty Officer
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid00x View Post
If Pthomas has the decency to let all of this go after you insulted him and tried to tarnish his image, why can't you? I'll buy you the damn cable. Jeez.
"Pthomas has the decency to let all of this go" LOL ... decent indeed or do we mean 'convenient'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
1. Get off your high horse

2. FFS, you continue to ask why he was browsing bimmerpost throughout the 48 period you were trying to contact him. I think this has been answered. If he gave his fiance's brother his phone, and the brother used his phone to surf bimmerpost, that explains it. That, or if his brother was using his e90post user name.
No dog in this fight, but it's funny how readily everyone believes PT's stories even as they become ever more elaborate. I can't wait for the baby photos, I do hope they're originals
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #64
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

i do agree that a text reply or a quick pm would have been nice but i wouldn't have gone as far as posting a thread, i got scammed by a m3forum guy once, paypaled him, he pmed me asking for more, i said no and asked for a refund, didn't hear from him for 2 weeks LOL i did make a thread then but i didn't even call him out by name, i just asked for advice
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #65
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Quote:
As I said before, believe what you want, but I think he's full of shit.
pthomas1984, you know what this means?

Pics of the kid or it didn't happen!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #66
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post

No dog in this fight, but it's funny how readily everyone believes PT's stories even as they become ever more elaborate. I can't wait for the baby photos, I do hope they're originals
perhaps pthomas will share and in doing so, remove any lingering doubt
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0