E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > i am tring to get the spring for my 328i convertible and need help wih spring.

10-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
davidk1m
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

i am tring to get the spring for my 328i convertible and need help wih spring.

current i have 2008 328i convertible wit the 19inches rims. and i am trying to get the eibach spring(front 1.2inches, rear 0.6 inches) to lower my car. But the problem is i have too much gap in my front wheels(i could put about 3 fingers) and rear i can bearaly put one finger. is 1.2 inches in the front will be okay? or i hve to find the other spring that can lower more?.
addtionally, i also want to know eibach is working well with bmws.
Thank you guyz
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #2
davidk1m
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

just let you know this is the spring that i am trying to get(http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A2549A0A0.aspx)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
CrazyNole21
Phizzle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i

Just lowered my ride...

2 weeks ago on H&R Sport springs & Koni Yellow shocks. The drop is perfect for me as I want lower, but not very low as you can risk denting in your oil pan. At first, there was a tiny bit of wheel gap, barely a half finger in rear, and 1 finger in front(pic below at this time). As the springs settled, I checked today and I can't fit 1 finger in the rear and barely a finger in the front. You can go lower with H&R race springs but ride might be harsher. Im happy with my setup...corners awesome w/less body roll esp w/the new Hotchkis front sway bar. No squat on launch. H&R/Koni combo I do recommend. Good luck!
Attached Images

/BMS/Koni/H&R/Hotckis/MS/BBS RS-GT/
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
You might want to consider Eibach + FSD combo, plenty of members here have that setup. The price is great and you get moderate drop, search a little bit.

BTW there are plenty of vendors here that can get you awesome pricing, try them out.
      10-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
andrew_b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post
You might want to consider Eibach + FSD combo, plenty of members here have that setup. The price is great and you get moderate drop, search a little bit.

BTW there are plenty of vendors here that can get you awesome pricing, try them out.
I have a 335 E93 and was considering exactly that combo, the Eibach Prokit and Koni FSD. After reading of some concerns people were having, I asked Koni directly. They said they don't list the FSD with the Eibach Springs for the 335i, but that the yellows would work.

Problems I'd heard of were related to a full load in the car (i.e. 4 passengers) resulting in hitting the bump stops too much - the guess is that the combination of progressive lowered springs and the progressive-type FSD shock didn't work well.

I'm still in exactly the same boat as the OP, have about 3" gap in front, amybe an inch in back. I have non-sport OEM suspension on 17" wheels.

Probably going to go with Eibach prokit and Koni yellows, but a little concerned that will be too stiff for a daily driver....anyone have experience/thoughts on that?

2007 E93 N54
Appreciate 0