E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Burned by RB Turbo

01-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Burned by RB Turbo

on 12/27/2016 I decided to order a RB N54 External PCV kit. I read some reviews and watched an install video on Youtube. Considering it would only take 10-15 minutes to install and benefit me in the long run is what made me purchase it. What shocked me was Rob wanting a Re-stocking Fee for a purchase that wasn't touched and purchased within 30 days.
To my surprise, it wasn't what I expected and the install was totally different from what I perceived it to be. I emailed Rob through his website a couple of times and didn't get a reply at all. Then I PM'd him on here last week and he replied stating that he needed the order #. I sent him back my order number and he never replied.
Finally, this week I emailed him at his gmail account and he replied tonight. He said he would return my External PCV kit and charge me a 25% re-stocking fee, what a joke. I emailed him back and of course no reply in the past hour and a half.
No where on his website or on any form of paperwork that I received with the part states any "Return Policy" let alone a "re-stocking fee". I find this to be very low and greedy. I'm glad this happened over this and not over a set of turbos. I'll be crossing these clowns off my list for my turbo purchase in March.Frankly, RB Turbo has lost all credibility with me and will no longer be involved in my modifications in the future.
Myles
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

I'll buy it from you haha
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
LessIsMore
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 535i Sport

I don't see that RB is wrong here. Certainly I think you should not be 'shocked' by a restocking fee on an item you return, that 's pretty standard practice everywhere.

So there was nothing wrong with RB product, you essentially just changed your mind. Vendors charge restocking just to break even on the work/time they spent filling the order for you, plus you've taken inventory away that they could have sold to someone else while you had it tied up.
JB4 G5 | MHD E85 Hybrid BEF | VTT GC Lites | VTT Inlets | VTT Outlet | VRSF 3" D-P's | VRSF 7" FMIC | Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP | Fuel-It TBI | BMS DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 Bar TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD | 15mm Rear Spacers
Appreciate 1
9krpmrx8808.00
      02-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #4
9krpmrx8
Clean is the new cool, keep it that way.
Rep
Drives: 11' Alpine White 335i Sedan

Yeah, I don't a problem with the fee. Time is money.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #5
Edson
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
No where on his website or on any form of paperwork that I received with the part states any "Return Policy" let alone a "re-stocking fee". I find this to be very low and greedy.
Except it does, now cut your whining.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edson View Post
Except it does, now cut your whining.
You post that a month later. Did you just update his website? You're a clown.
Myles
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 11:40 PM   #7
Maximillius
Registered
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 135i 6MT

I bought the same kit from rob and had a great experience. He even answered my annoying emails in a timely manner when the product shipped a few days later than I expected.

The install process is WELL documented online, 10 minutes spent googling will tell you everything you need to know. Rob even links to a few useful threads on his website. Restocking fees are a given with any online retailer. If you bought a part from ECS tuning and then later changed your mind they would do the exact same thing. This seems like a silly thing to get so up in arms about.
Appreciate 1