E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Good tint shop around Ft. Bragg, Fayetteville area?

12-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Good tint shop around Ft. Bragg, Fayetteville area?

Can someone recommend a shop that knows how to tint the rear window properly? I had to take off my rear tint because it was starting to bubble around the dot matrix bad.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Apogee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d/Lancer Evolution X

There is a flea market on mcpherson church rd. behind it is a guy that has been doing tint for over 20 years...he only does black tint but hands down he has been the best I have ever seen. I got my evo tinted there in 03 and it still holding steady even after the Oklahoma heat. look into it.
      12-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Can someone recommend a shop that knows how to tint the rear window properly? I had to take off my rear tint because it was starting to bubble around the dot matrix bad.
OMEGA TINTING
2015B Skibo Road Fayetteville, NC 28314-2200
(910) 527-5564

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...5#post10710635
      12-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
eaglesfan83
FIRE TOEZ!!!!!
Rep
Drives: Pending Order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
OMEGA TINTING
2015B Skibo Road Fayetteville, NC 28314-2200
(910) 527-5564

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...5#post10710635
+1 these guys are great!
Pending- Something New and BMW
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go with Apogee's recommendation. I stopped by the place yesterday and spoke with the guy and somehow he has managed to stay in business without advertising. The place was in the back of the flee market, had a simple sign. He said he doesnt advertise on Google, and half the time his phone doesn't work. If he can stay afloat like that, his work must be amazing!! LOL. He's going to charge me 40 bucks to do the back window but he said the dot matrix are going to be an issue and there's nothing he can do about it. I'm going to give him a shot, and if it doesnt work out the it's only 40 bucks. I'll report back whenever it's done, it's raining today so the car is staying home....
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
Apogee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go with Apogee's recommendation. I stopped by the place yesterday and spoke with the guy and somehow he has managed to stay in business without advertising. The place was in the back of the flee market, had a simple sign. He said he doesnt advertise on Google, and half the time his phone doesn't work. If he can stay afloat like that, his work must be amazing!! LOL. He's going to charge me 40 bucks to do the back window but he said the dot matrix are going to be an issue and there's nothing he can do about it. I'm going to give him a shot, and if it doesnt work out the it's only 40 bucks. I'll report back whenever it's done, it's raining today so the car is staying home....
like I said by far he is the best of the best when it comes down to tinting....i got my tint in 03 and it is still like it was put on yesterday.
      12-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
like I said by far he is the best of the best when it comes down to tinting....i got my tint in 03 and it is still like it was put on yesterday.
Yeah man, really appreciate you pointing me to this place. I would have never found it since he doesn't advertise. I've got another appointment with him next week to get my Mazdaspeed3 tinted. He told me to stop by on Monday and so he can press down over the dot matrix. It is looking really good, thanks again!

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Yeah man, really appreciate you pointing me to this place. I would have never found it since he doesn't advertise. I've got another appointment with him next week to get my Mazdaspeed3 tinted. He told me to stop by on Monday and so he can press down over the dot matrix. It is looking really good, thanks again!

Sweet pic! Car looks good!
      12-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
Sweet pic! Car looks good!
Thanks! It was looking kinda odd without the rear window tinted when the side rear windows' got 20% tint. I decided to go with 35% in back though just in case I get pulled over.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #10
Apogee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! It was looking kinda odd without the rear window tinted when the side rear windows' got 20% tint. I decided to go with 35% in back though just in case I get pulled over.
car looks good...I did 15% all the way around except my back window...you wont get pulled over for tint but it will be hard to get it inspected. There is also a way around that.
      01-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
car looks good...I did 15% all the way around except my back window...you wont get pulled over for tint but it will be hard to get it inspected. There is also a way around that.
Thanks! Yeah, I just noticed that some of the people around here are driving around in limo tint. How are they getting through inspection? Paying someone off? My brother was forced to take his tint off his driver and passenger side windows in Calfornia by the CHP so I guess it depends on where you live.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Apogee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Yeah, I just noticed that some of the people around here are driving around in limo tint. How are they getting through inspection? Paying someone off? My brother was forced to take his tint off his driver and passenger side windows in Calfornia by the CHP so I guess it depends on where you live.
its easy..just get your car registered in hoke county.. I can point you to a shop there that with an extra $10 would pass you on tint. I was based on Fort bragg 10 years of my army career I know the ins and outs on fayettnam
      04-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #13
quiksheit
United_States
Rep
Drives: Looking for an E91

That guy in the small unadvertised shop did my truck. He's cheap too. What is his name? I wish I kept his card.
Appreciate 0