E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Minneapolis Dyno Day!!!!

08-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #89
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I've decided to scrap this crappy exhaust and put on my stock one for now. The design and fit are just too crappy for me to dealt with. I've learned a good lesson about quality parts.
You can't return it and get a refund?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #90
prelude2perfect
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 and 2015 535i

Well sorry I missed this but I did have a good reason; I'm now a father! Her ride home from the hospital will be in the 335i.

So did anyone else dyno? Numbers?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #91
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Great meeting and chatting with you guys!

MnM3 - Thank you so much letting me drive your M3. The car is a beauty.

I've decided to scrap this crappy exhaust and put on my stock one for now. The design and fit are just too crappy for me to dealt with. I've learned a good lesson about quality parts.
lol, does this mean an M3 is on the horizon Anvar?!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 10:19 PM   #92
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect View Post
Well sorry I missed this but I did have a good reason; I'm now a father! Her ride home from the hospital will be in the 335i.

So did anyone else dyno? Numbers?
Congrats man, hope everybody is doing well.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #93
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
Stop changing his mind!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #94
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post

In all honesty, the exhaust that I don't think I will be happy with that exhaust. The fact that it had a hole is going to bother me and honestly I don't like the design. It has no reasonators so it most likely will drone during cruising speed, which will drive me crazy!

I am thinking about going for a new setup with reasonators and stuff. I will keep you guys posted.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #95
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
Have a reputation to keep Martin!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #96
M3x2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Jerez Sedan

i agree - having resonators is a good idea.
      08-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #97
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3x2 View Post
i agree - having resonators is a good idea.
Hey Art, hope you had a good rest of the weekend. I am forecasting this drone issue, because while driving without an exhaust, I noticed a really annoying drone at cruising speeds. While it might be reduced with the exhaust, I can't see it going away completely.

Also, since the RR is a single midpipe, I cannot use the stock support brace which is for two midpipes. The hole is actually right at the spot where the support brace would have been for the stock setup, so I am assuming that the hole resulted from a stress fracture. So even if I welded it, if I ran the exhaust without a custom support bracket, I can imagine it cracking at the same spot again.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #98
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
Can you let me know the exhaust shop that did your muffler delete? I am thinking about salvaging something from this POS exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #99
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Can you let me know the exhaust shop that did your muffler delete? I am thinking about salvaging something from this POS exhaust.
I went to AutoMax in Apple Valley. The one that did my exhaust is the owner and he did an awesome job. I forgot his name, but I know I have his business card somewhere in my room. Yeah, let him see that exhaust and he can probably fix it!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #100
M3x2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Jerez Sedan

if not where Martin suggested....

A lot of Audi folk have used Chad. I've never used him but know of many who have and uniformly they heap praise on his skills and pricing.

He has made several/many custom design exhausts for people, and I think you should touch base with him and tell him your situation..... obv. you arent looking for a *full custom* exhaust, but if anyone can make the one you have work, it may be him:

Chad Simonson
Bee Line Service
27540 Forest Blvd.
Wyoming, MN 55092
(651) 462-2650
      08-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #101
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Hey Guys, Thought I'd give an update.

After stripping my car down until 5am Friday Night, Shiv and I weren't able to figure out what crazy problem I was having with my wastegates/throttle blade oscillation. Boost would spike to 22psi, resulting in the throttle blade fully closing, to then building more boost and continue with this pattern. Bummer I couldnt' dyno.

Sunday I took the tune out and the car seemed to act kinda similar, but not neary as drastic. BT Datalogs showed the TB still had some oscillation, but within a reasonable/expected amount.

So Monday I was planning on meeting up with Nick.GSXR-750 and swapping tune boxes. That was the last resort before pulling the turbos off... I figured my odds of a defective tune ecu (1 in thousands) was better than having a stuck wastegate (Never heard of)

I re-installed my tune, so Nick and I could just swap boxes. Upon installing and driving, the car was behaving perfectly. After a few miles of datalogging, my relief was confirmed. I am still dumbfouned...like it was all a bad acid trip. The car is perfect now...extremely fast, no boost spikes, just all-around healthy with no oscillations of boost or throttle blade position.

So, I guess I'll have to do a solo dyno run...perhaps with Anvar and his re-stocked exhaust.?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #102
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Hey Guys, Thought I'd give an update.

After stripping my car down until 5am Friday Night, Shiv and I weren't able to figure out what crazy problem I was having with my wastegates/throttle blade oscillation. Boost would spike to 22psi, resulting in the throttle blade fully closing, to then building more boost and continue with this pattern. Bummer I couldnt' dyno.

Sunday I took the tune out and the car seemed to act kinda similar, but not neary as drastic. BT Datalogs showed the TB still had some oscillation, but within a reasonable/expected amount.

So Monday I was planning on meeting up with Nick.GSXR-750 and swapping tune boxes. That was the last resort before pulling the turbos off... I figured my odds of a defective tune ecu (1 in thousands) was better than having a stuck wastegate (Never heard of)

I re-installed my tune, so Nick and I could just swap boxes. Upon installing and driving, the car was behaving perfectly. After a few miles of datalogging, my relief was confirmed. I am still dumbfouned...like it was all a bad acid trip. The car is perfect now...extremely fast, no boost spikes, just all-around healthy with no oscillations of boost or throttle blade position.

So, I guess I'll have to do a solo dyno run...perhaps with Anvar and his re-stocked exhaust.?
Pretty crazy man. So are they gonna replace your procede? Glad to hear it wasn't something more serious!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #103
ajvee
Major
Rep

So Brian tried putting in my exhaust last night and though the hole is patched up, it wouldn't mate to the stock downpipes Absolutely horrible fitment!
Appreciate 0