E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > remote start

03-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #45
TambourineMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

To also install the remote start is $100 more. I am not sure I want the dash on my first ever BMW ripped out right after I take delivery and to lose one of my 2 keys (as we always manage to misplace a key for all our current cars). Another key cost $270 so this would add considerably to the cost.

If the 3 had a heated steering wheel option I wouldn't even consider the remote start. I would prefer this over the heated seats which I did get, but because of my padding in a certain area, don't really need.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #46
ScotyH
Bimmer me up
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambourineMan View Post
To also install the remote start is $100 more. I am not sure I want the dash on my first ever BMW ripped out right after I take delivery and to lose one of my 2 keys (as we always manage to misplace a key for all our current cars). Another key cost $270 so this would add considerably to the cost.

If the 3 had a heated steering wheel option I wouldn't even consider the remote start. I would prefer this over the heated seats which I did get, but because of my padding in a certain area, don't really need.
The cost on the INT-BMW1 interface is about $300 alone plus CanSL2 & the remote starter/ security system.

Someone is giving you inaccurate information.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #47
TambourineMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi coupe

Thanks for the info. When I was in the shop I asked about the need for an interface and they said it was included. But I have nothing in writing. I will check into this after my car arrives at the dealership (any day now) and let you all know.

There is a thread about buying the BMW alarm for $220 from Circle or Tischer and installing it oneself (supposedly about a one hour job but it does involve jacking the car and removing a wheel). The only glitch is that you have to get the dealer to modify the on board software program, but I do not recall anything about an interface being needed for the BMW alarm. So why is an interface needed for the Viper 5900?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #48
ScotyH
Bimmer me up
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 2010 GTR

If you're not doing a remote starter, then the INT-BMW1 & spare key are not needed.
Appreciate 0