E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Help with Procede FlexFuel Map 3, running lean?

02-05-2016, 05:13 AM   #1
DannyDee
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i

Help with Procede FlexFuel Map 3, running lean?

I was told to come over to e90post as there was a bit more knowledge in regards to the procede in a N54 135i
I purchased the car a couple of months ago from a previous owner who was consistently running e70 with the supporting vishnu flexfuel and LPFP.
I have now decided to run ethanol which is shown to be around E40 through the speedo gauge hijack. I reset the adaptations as instructed to and switched the car to MAP 3 which it already had loaded up and it took the car nearly 40 km's... to finally display the ethanol content when i bump up the cruise control stalk.
Logging through the procede software on a laptop the AFR's fluctuate from 15:1 to 13.5:1 at idle... which i think is extremely lean for an ethanol map?
I'm not sure if i haven't got the Map 3 properly installed or I've made a mistake somewhere along the way? But i don't think it is safe at all anymore to push the car.

Any help would be appreciated as i'm getting ready to scrap the procede on Monday if i can't sort it out over the weekend, since i've searched everywhere online for similar problems.
Thanks, Danny

EDIT: and i updated the procede to the last released firmware and used the flexfuel ethanol map

Last edited by DannyDee; 02-05-2016 at 05:20 AM..
Appreciate 0