E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Dicks autobody

01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Etek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xdrive

Dicks autobody

So I'm at the BMW service center in Centennial Dr in Peabody for a regular service. I asked the SA to check on drivers side headlight as it seemed like the adaptive wasn't working right. They checked it out..said it seemed stiff so they were gonna replace it under warranty. Cme to find out when Dicks replaced my headlight. They installed a depo instead of oem which is what my work order stated they used. I'm very surprised and so was the SA as Dicks supposedly has a great reputation. If heard they fallen off a bit but didn't really believe the, but I guess it's true. Never again will I go to Dicks..will look for others in the future..but hope I never have to go to an autobody place.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

This shows us that we gotta always check and not assume when getting out of a auto shop......
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
SmellyGreek
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue F22 M235i

Garage List
I used them from 2005-2008 for my old M3. The last time they did a repair, the quality was shoddy. I had recommended them to my friend maybe 2 months earlier, and his bumper job also started peeling 4 months later. It's a shame, when I was first using them they were great. I can also walk to them from where I live, such a shame I can't trust them.

I used Mike's Autobody in Malden and was very impressed. It's only been a month or so so we'll see how the work holds up in 6 months.
Appreciate 0