E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > London riots

08-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #67
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

I cant believe no-one is doing anything about this.... just drive your panda cars at them... whose gonna complain??
      08-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #68
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Birmingham city centre has had a few skirmishes today as well.
The issue has been complicated in that the bullet that hit the officer in the original arrest attempt,was possibly from a colleague.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #69
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

SHOOT THOSE SCUMBAGS!!! Where I live, many many shops have been raided! My mates Jewellers has been looted, just stupid low life scum bags who think they can get away with it! What tramps, taking things from these shops. They had a guy talking about a shop he owns, over 100 years, 5 generations....now set alight - so sad
Had to take the M3 away and park it inside my warehouse away from all this, not worth risking it!
      08-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #70
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Im in Tottenham Thurs. Do you think it will still be kicking off?
      08-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #71
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
dead serious on live ammunition....

come on....some toy water gun and farting gas wouldn't do fcuk all to these bastards,,,,,

They are burning the whole town down!!!!....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #72
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

I feel for the people caught up in this. Really must be terrifying.

There is no excuse whatsover for this.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #73
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
So its still kicking off?
      08-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #74
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
hell yeah its kickin off!!!...and the news reporters are not covering everywhere!!!...

my frend lives in elephant n castle....

he told me he just went for a walk...and burgess park near camberwell....lots of broken tvs and empty mobile phone boxes on the grass....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #75
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

If this makes you mad what about this neck of the woods. Some people think 5 minutes for a band parade to pass where they don't want it to warrants a night or two of something similar. I agree shoot the bastards. If your law abiding then you won't be there. It's laughable when there's a couple hundred of the cunts and the police can only manage to arrest a handfull. You'd think with the practice they have had here they could do better. I know it's piss but what about filling the water cannons with petrol I mean add dye to the water then the fuckers wouldn't be hard to find. It would probably cost the government a few quid in compensation for ruined track suits though.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #76
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

I bet these people rioting are thinking they are doing it for a good cause. Fighting police brutality. uninformed eejits.

My two cents? Send them to afghanistan.

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #77
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21 View Post
If this makes you mad what about this neck of the woods. Some people think 5 minutes for a band parade to pass where they don't want it to warrants a night or two of something similar. I agree shoot the bastards. If your law abiding then you won't be there. It's laughable when there's a couple hundred of the cunts and the police can only manage to arrest a handfull. You'd think with the practice they have had here they could do better. I know it's piss but what about filling the water cannons with petrol I mean add dye to the water then the fuckers wouldn't be hard to find. It would probably cost the government a few quid in compensation for ruined track suits though.
This must be like a walk in the park in comparison.

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:00 PM   #78
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
hell yeah its kickin off!!!...and the news reporters are not covering everywhere!!!...

my frend lives in elephant n castle....

he told me he just went for a walk...and burgess park near camberwell....lots of broken tvs and empty mobile phone boxes on the grass....
from the Guardian:

I turned up at the Morrisons supermarket branch on Walworth Road, SE17, at about 6.50pm only to find the place shuttered up and one of the few members of staff remaining by the back door telling me that they had closed early as it was due to "go off" in Peckham, four miles away, at 7pm.

I left and dropped into a bar to pass on 'the news' only to see BBC World footage on the TV, taken from a helicopter by the look of it, of nearby Lewisham burning, and Peckham soon after. Within minutes, fives and sixes of masked blokes were running past the bar and through to the main street, a handful dumping cars outside the bar on double yellow and charging through to the nearby thoroughfare, which the police had blockaded at the north end in the vicinity of the Tankard pub, along the side road from the police station.

Buses were stopped and abandoned, I'm told, and looters were laying siege to Lynne's Electrical, jewellery and pawn shops, the Carphone Warehouse, Foot Locker and later M&S and finally Argos, and that's all that I heard. Others will have been done, although the Turkish supermarket was apparently left alone.The pie and mash shop in the sidestreet of Westmoreland Road was also entered and trashed

Young men, 90% of them black, and the occasional middle-to-old aged black woman, then spent the next hour or so running through the sidestreets with their pickings, the first of them with widescreen TVs, boxes that contained kettle-sized electrical goods, trainers and the like from Foot Locker, and M&S clothing. A white 20-something one with a bad limp came to the door of the bar to ask them to call him a cab. The request was declined.

Some of the looters dumped gear in nearby gardens and returned to the Walworth Road, others had filled wheelie bins with whatever and were pushing them home, while the professionals returned to the double-parked cars (BMWs and the like, tinted windows in at least two cases) before replacing their masks and returning for any pickings they may have missed.

Innocent people turned up at the bar who had been diverted around the sidestreets, one telling me he saw a gang of about 10 black youths throw a man off his motorbike at Albany Road traffic lights before another rode it on in the direction of Camberwell. then the cyclists around him at the traffic lights who tried to help were attacked with weapons by hooded and/or masked vigilantes coming from the vicinity of adjacent Burgess Park.

People in the bar who lived on the other side of the Walworth Road were ringing relatives/kids on the other side of it not to open their doors to anyone - it was anarchy in the literal sense of the word.

Two police vans finally made it up to Argos at about 8.30pm, which dispersed the people in and outside there sporadically. They had been in there for about an hour though people were still loitering in nearby streets with intent at nightfall. We can only hope that nothing is torched by late arrivals who find themselves empty handed. That, or the police regain control of the thoroughfare.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #79
marlie
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Watching all this makes me feel there is no need to go and watch the new Rise of The Planet of The Apes...
      08-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #80
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

That comment made me chuckle marlie!
      08-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #81
MickyD'bo
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 335d xDrive

Who's going to the BMW Festival in Gaydon?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #82
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlie View Post
Watching all this makes me feel there is no need to go and watch the new Rise of The Planet of The Apes...
Lol.

Opportunistic 'people' taking advantage of a bad situation. All these fucking MP's and political body's are making excuses for these thugs. Just look at the types of shops that are being targeted - Sports, Electrical's etc - surely this indicates at exactly what their agenda is. Made me chuckle when that STV reporter at Clapham Junction, recording and reporting via his mobile, said "the library hasn't been touched" lol. Half of these fuckers have probably never seen a school.

I thinks it's time the police of this County showed exactly what they've trained for.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #83
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Without reading the thread, and also watching the news (been busy) what is the reason for all this rioting?
      08-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #84
no_ball
No Fear
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d M Sport

Taking money from Murdoch?? Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #85
Ryan87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D M Sport

David Cameron "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these ponsing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.".....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #86
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlie View Post
hahaha that made me laugh
      08-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #87
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

It is getting worse as the night unfolds

Whole streets being evacuated, shops on fire with residents living above. Pictures of people jumping from windows

People naked

Looting at loads of shops now, phone shops, currys, debenhams, even girls looting primark, jd sports etc.

Now Birmingham, Orange / Addidas

Liverpool

Idiots didn't even steal telco's finest

Last edited by briers; 08-08-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #88
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Amazing pics-All future football fixtures cancelled too.
Appreciate 0