E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fuel-It stage 2

07-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsoasis View Post
It's a very simple system. Between reseting adaptations and switching out pumps showing the pump psi differences. There really isn't anything else that can be done other than bench testing or swapping out the bad pump on another car(I'm going to do that on Sunday). I'm all for Steve's approach, but at least send me a stage 2 pump that he personally verifies works and I'll send back my (defective pump). He already has my money and my pump.. Why not just send the stage 2 he verifies that works and then I'll ship this other pump back.

That would keep me happy and it's not asking for much.
not many companies work that way, so yes thats asking too much.

Go to Best Buy, buy a TV, go back into the store and claim it doesnt work and that you will bring the broken tv back once they give you a new one. See if it works out.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #24
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m9

I understand what you are saying, but he already has my deposit and my fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #25
C.Pop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsoasis View Post
It's a very simple system. Between reseting adaptations and switching out pumps showing the pump psi differences. There really isn't anything else that can be done other than bench testing or swapping out the bad pump on another car(I'm going to do that on Sunday). I'm all for Steve's approach, but at least send me a stage 2 pump that he personally verifies works and I'll send back my (defective pump). He already has my money and my pump.. Why not just send the stage 2 he verifies that works and then I'll ship this other pump back.

That would keep me happy and it's not asking for much.
There seems to be some PWM learning that can occur. My car had a preference to run higher fuel pressure on certain pumps. When we switched to a different prototype fuel pump it targeted 60 psi for a while. It's not quite as simple as you're making it out to be, but I agree the problem can be easily resolved, and no one better to do so than Steve. I know he tests every single pump prior to shipping, but it is possible to have a pump go bad.
      07-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #26
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
If you have already tried resetting adaptations and reflashing then in the meantime I would try disconnecting the battery for a few hours. As I mentioned in another post I had a similar issues going from a DIY Stage 1 to Steve's Stage 2, though my pressures acted normal at WOT, just idle was 50psi. I am no expert but it may have something to do with the voltage change as others alluded to.

Steve's a great guy and probably is the most accessible small business owner I have dealt with. I know he tests each these pumps before they go out so a pump failure, while possible, is less likely. I'm not sure if not disconnecting the battery though it's recommended in the instructions is having some impact on this.

Last edited by musc; 07-10-2015 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #27
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
@BEE35i