E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Someone in Dallas Area Willing to Look at a Car for Me?

10-14-2016, 06:39 PM   #1
tricott335
Rep
Drives: 20011 335D

Someone in Dallas Area Willing to Look at a Car for Me?

Hi all,

At this point this is just a feeler. I am from California and am potentially considering purchasing a vehicle out-of-state. I have located a 335d in Plano that I am interested in.

Obviously before I purchase a car I would want to verify the condition and get a PPI done. I read some threads about people successfully reaching out to fellow forum members to do this for them.

So, I was wondering if there's anyone in the Dallas area that would potentially be willing to do this for me. Naturally you would be compensated. Please let me know. If someone expresses interest we can talk more.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
TrollToll
Banned
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricott335 View Post
Hi all,

At this point this is just a feeler. I am from California and am potentially considering purchasing a vehicle out-of-state. I have located a 335d in Plano that I am interested in.

Obviously before I purchase a car I would want to verify the condition and get a PPI done. I read some threads about people successfully reaching out to fellow forum members to do this for them.

So, I was wondering if there's anyone in the Dallas area that would potentially be willing to do this for me. Naturally you would be compensated. Please let me know. If someone expresses interest we can talk more.

Thanks!
This shop is located in Plano and has good reviews. Maybe you could arrange to have the seller stop by.

https://www.facebook.com/EurAutoShop/
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #3
Bent_remy
Enemy of viscosity and thermal breakdown
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E93 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollToll View Post
This shop is located in Plano and has good reviews. Maybe you could arrange to have the seller stop by.

https://www.facebook.com/EurAutoShop/
I know this shop, have been there in the past and will be there sometime this week to get some work done.

Shoot me a PM
      10-28-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
Torqu3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Is this the Alpine White Sport package D from a smaller used car shop? If yes, then I actually test drove it a few months ago. Mechanically it seemed sound, but the center armrest was falling apart. Also, the trim around the iDrive control knob was broken. There were a few dents from what I assume was hail. I also couldn't find any carbon buildup cleaning in the service history, which was a must for me. They also weren't willing to negotiate on the price at all. I'd say get someone else to look at it one more time. I would have gotten it if they had come down on the price a bit, because I'd bet carbon buildup is going to be an issue, along with fuel injectors and the SCR system. Those are common issues on this car and they can get expensive. Especially since you're in California where you can't remove that system. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0