E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > FYI: This is what a "High End" Body shop's work looks like. (Picture Heavy)

01-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #45
E90Flossin
Vroooomm
Rep
Drives: Lci 335i

Damn this is horrible! Just like the previous post, settle in small claim worth and report them to the BBB. I am in a similar situation, but after the car was in the shop for a week i check on Yelp and they got 1.5 stars so i am taking your experince and expecting every detail. They also had "nice cars" but i later understood sometimes shop would rent nice cars to show the customer thats the type of vehicle they work on. Sometimes its BS! It was too late to pull it out. My hood, front right bumper and panel was hit and the car has been in the shop since Thanksgiving. The timing was partially my fault where I ordered a custom bumper and they just received it 1.5 weeks ago. When i saw the car before they received the bumper, everything was in place except the bumper. They guy says the car is almost done after receiving the bumper but does it really take 2 weeks to paint it and put it on....I guess we will find out!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #46
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Wood - just for our edification, which body shop are you speaking of? FYI, Penske bought out the Honda/Toyota dealerships in Round Rock, and with it they got their Collision Center on North Mays. They have a couple of certified BMW painters, and BMW of Austin recommends them along with Berli's in Pflugerville. Having had minor work done at both shops (painting/attaching spoilers and replacement tow hook covers), I can vouch for first-class quality from both places. Berli's fixed my wife's 05 325i a few years ago, replacing a door skin and straightening the rear quarter panel - undetectable by BMW techs at the dealer afterward.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #47
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i + 2014 X5

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Just wanted to update this thread for those who are following the drama. I took my car back to the shop today and spoke directly with the owner. He will be personally addressing all of the issues and getting the car fixed correctly, including ordering me a new hood. I think I'll go with a different one this time. I would prefer Vorsteiner but the Pre LCI E90 is discontinued -- there is a rep available on mod bargains. Might try that one.

Car will be going back in on 1/21, so I'll keep this thread updated with the progress. So far I'm happy with the way this is now being handled.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #48
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Just wanted to update this thread for those who are following the drama. I took my car back to the shop today and spoke directly with the owner. He will be personally addressing all of the issues and getting the car fixed correctly, including ordering me a new hood. I think I'll go with a different one this time. I would prefer Vorsteiner but the Pre LCI E90 is discontinued -- there is a rep available on mod bargains. Might try that one.

Car will be going back in on 1/21, so I'll keep this thread updated with the progress. So far I'm happy with the way this is now being handled.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #49
The_Wood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335
Wood - just for our edification, which body shop are you speaking of? FYI, Penske bought out the Honda/Toyota dealerships in Round Rock, and with it they got their Collision Center on North Mays. They have a couple of certified BMW painters, and BMW of Austin recommends them along with Berli's in Pflugerville. Having had minor work done at both shops (painting/attaching spoilers and replacement tow hook covers), I can vouch for first-class quality from both places. Berli's fixed my wife's 05 325i a few years ago, replacing a door skin and straightening the rear quarter panel - undetectable by BMW techs at the dealer afterward.
Yeah I've heard nothing but great things about Berli's. The shop where I was sent was called Austin's Collision Solution. Shortly after I had sent my car there, one of the local Austin news stations ran a story about them (I think it's on YouTube or online) and I filed a lengthy complaint with the BBB. I've just debated selling my car as of recently and getting into a newer e92 or M3, but the fiancée is apprehensive when that comes up. Anyway, thanks for letting me know about Penske's acquisition of the RR dealerships!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #50
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Just wanted to post a quick update. I picked up the car this afternoon and I am pleased with the work they did this time around. Looks like a different car (more specifically, it looks like it was SUPPOSED to look after the first attempt). I will be getting some detailed photos this weekend. There were a few issues with the hood that they were unable to resolve completely, but overall I am happy with where the car is now. Even got a couple of random thumbs-up on the way home from picking it up

Look for some photos coming up this weekend.

COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Catless / FBO + F15 X5 xDrive35i
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
Wookie420
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe/Space Gray

Garage List
2010 335i (E92)  [10.00]
Glad to hear it worked out this time!! You going to make it to the early morning cruise to C&C tomorrow?

COBB Stage 2+ AGGRESSIVE / STETT Cold-Air Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / TiAL Blow-off Valve / ETS 5" Front-Mount Intercooler / Active Autowerke 3" Catless Downpipes / Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust / AST 4100 Coilovers / OS Giken Superlock LSD / All MOTUL Fluids
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #52
cmyk
resident girl.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookie420
Glad to hear it worked out this time!! You going to make it to the early morning cruise to C&C tomorrow?
Thanks. Wish I could make it out tomorrow but I have an early morning photoshoot.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #53
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wood View Post
Yeah I've heard nothing but great things about Berli's. The shop where I was sent was called Austin's Collision Solution. Shortly after I had sent my car there, one of the local Austin news stations ran a story about them (I think it's on YouTube or online) and I filed a lengthy complaint with the BBB. I've just debated selling my car as of recently and getting into a newer e92 or M3, but the fiancée is apprehensive when that comes up. Anyway, thanks for letting me know about Penske's acquisition of the RR dealerships!
Wood - sorry this is late - you're welcome. Dealing with Penske has been a great experience so far for BMW; I can't say as much for Honda (another story for another time), but the Collision Center is first-class and may be easier to get your insurance company to pay the entire bill; using Berli's sometimes requires you to kick in a little on your own, but their work is superlative.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #54
brad bedell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335 and S54 Z3M

Carbon Hoods are exceptionally hard to get rid of the weave. If they don't have extensive experience with it, your expectations will not be met. Short of it, it flexes too much and takes an exceptionally delicate touch to sand it 'smooth'. Add in some drying/curing time and it becomes mind numbing.

Another shop to avoid in DFW is Stuarts. I'm so pissed with the way Stuart (the owner) patronized me about how bodyshops paint cars that I won't take my wife's car back in for a front bumper repaint. The is peeling on the front bumper in less than 6 months. I told him it was prepped incorrectly, but he wouldn't listen.

I'm glad you got a decent resolution with your mess.
Appreciate 0