E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Beverly Hills BMW is SHADY!!

05-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #23
SteveMondragon
Seaman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 | I01 | G30

I've taken my car to Beverly Hills for a repair (fuel tank replacement) because they're down the street from me. The techs there are idiots and forgot to bolt down a few things, so the undercarriage was rattling like crazy. Went to New Century a couple of weeks later and they fixed the problem.

As for the OP's post, unfortunately once your friend left the dealership he was on his own with whatever came ahead (the blow out in this case). Sure he can raise a stink about it, but it's his word against's the dealership's reports that they documented & submitted to BMWNA, regardless of how accurate the testing or findings were.

Your friend's best bet is to get an attorney and make a huge stink about this situation all over the internet. Make sure that BMWNA is made into the bad guy here, make sure the threads spread like wildfire on all BMW forums, just so you can get the attention and response that you're looking for. Otherwise, chaulk it up and move on and learn from this experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #24
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMondragon View Post
As for the OP's post, unfortunately once your friend left the dealership he was on his own with whatever came ahead (the blow out in this case). Sure he can raise a stink about it, but it's his word against's the dealership's reports that they documented & submitted to BMWNA, regardless of how accurate the testing or findings were.
^^^ Sucks but is completely true.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #25
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

This just sucks, report to State Bureau of Auto Repair as well, that affects their licensing if too many complaints. Too bad I've heard this before on the Tire/Wheel warranty that's why I passed and figure if problems bye bye RFT's for the cash they ask for.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #26
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

BMW checked the rim/tire and it didn't show any signs of leakage so my only assumption is that it he over inflated his tires! It most likely was a faulty sensor that they said would be checked the following Monday, did he check the tire pressure again before he put more air into it??

Sounds like BMW followed procedure though it's unfortunate that he had a major blowout. Glad he's OK and nothing serious happened. I opted out of the tire insurance because after reading the terms/conditions it was apparant that this kind of shyte would happen. Hope it all works out for him. Given the faulty sensor I think BMW should step up to the plate and fix his car for him, the fact that he drives an M is irrelevant.

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzathehut View Post
.....ahead with the repairs through insurance or not? And who can he contact to get this fixed?
I am sorry to hear what happened. Unfortunately BMW service is no where near the service you get from Japanese cars. After spending ~70K on a car this is not the service you would expect (never mind the $1000 additional insurance). I am beginning to regret that I chose BMW. I guess my next car will be Corvette.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #28
02themax
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
I am sorry to hear what happened. Unfortunately BMW service is no where near the service you get from Japanese cars. After spending ~70K on a car this is not the service you would expect (never mind the $1000 additional insurance). I am beginning to regret that I chose BMW. I guess my next car will be Corvette.

Good luck

Seriously? I find it funny that BMW checked his tire and it was NOT leaking! They then said they would get him in ASAP to check the TPMS which was probably faulty. Why would they give him a loaner? Why didn't he use that thing called a tire gauge to ensure that his tire pressure was in fact low? Can you explain what a Japanese dealer or American dealer would have done different to rectify this situation?

E90 335i
Sport Package - Logic 7 Sound w/ipod - Bluetooth - Comfort Access - PDC - 19" M3 Reps 275/30 235/35 - Blacklines - 10mil spacers rear, 5mil spacers front - BMW Alarm
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' Tesla Model S 85kw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
I live about 2 miles from Santa Monica BMW and a 7 miles from Beverly Hills BMW and I fight traffic to take my car to South Bay BMW for service which is 20-25 miles away.
believe me, that's nothing comparing to driving from rancho cucamonga to alhambra.

some people just would go those extra miles to get proper service.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkick08 View Post
looks like your friend is not talking to the right people in the dearlship, I will walk in there with a lawyer and request for VP meetings not a dam sales guy get the big bidks involved you'll see how quick that shyt will get solved, i'll drive out of there with a new efin car!
this is beverly hills we're talkin'... everyone is shady. lol. another words, there's no "right" people in the dealership.

...wow... a real pessimist am i???
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post

Good luck
ha! seriously... having a service is often better than no service.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #32
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02themax View Post
Seriously? I find it funny that BMW checked his tire and it was NOT leaking! They then said they would get him in ASAP to check the TPMS which was probably faulty. Why would they give him a loaner? Why didn't he use that thing called a tire gauge to ensure that his tire pressure was in fact low? Can you explain what a Japanese dealer or American dealer would have done different to rectify this situation?
I said my next car migth be a Corvette but I didn't say anything about Corvette's service as I have no experience with it. But I know FOR SURE based on my own and my friends experience with Infiniti, I can say that their service is far better. Everytime I went to Infinity dealer whether it was a minor issue or just a service they offerred me loaner without my asking. One time they had no loaner available, Service manager gave me his personal company car to drive. Tell me if you ever heard such a thing about BMW..

Couple of weeks ago I called BMW to schedule a service because convertible was not functioning properly. They did not offer a loaner. When I asked for it they told me I had to wait 2-3 weeks to get a loaner. Then after waiting almost 3 weeks I got a shitty 328 which drove worst than my Ford Explorer.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #33
pizzathehut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 blue

update: His insurance deductible is cheap and wont' raise his rates so he went ahead with insurance repair.

On another note we are both pissed and can't believe how BMw handled this situation. I realize that what some of you are saying about once he was driving it was his problem, not BH BMW, but you have to realize that he came into the stealership with actual low tire pressure ( around 20-25) after he filled it up 30 minutes prior. But they did acknowledge that the tire pressure was low when he came in. IT WAS OBVIOUS THERE WAS A LEAK. The bad part is the decision they left him with and the fact the they were ok with letting him drive off the lot with a tire obviously leaking air. They said we can't give you a rental, and he lives 2+ hours away so they simply knew he couldn't leave it there. The whole situation is shitty, but it looks like they are going to get away with this one.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #34
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep

at least he's covered in some way.
Appreciate 0