E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Another JGMods issue?

01-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #1
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Another JGMods issue?

January 19:
I place order for product

January 20:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paypal
Hello Erick Wong,

JGMODS added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.

Shipper USPS
Tracking number *********************
Shipping status Shipped
If you have questions about the shipment, please contact jgillmods@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS
Hello, **** ****

Thank you for your order from JGMODS. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at contact@jgmods.com or call us at 888-272-3186 Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm PST.
Your shipping confirmation is below. Thank you again for your business.
Your Shipment #********* for Order #*********

So at this point I have a shipping # in hand, and I figure pretty soon I can at least see when it will ship to me right?

January 26:
I check the tracking # again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USPS
"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 20, 2015 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available.ervice was electronically notified by the shipper on January 20, 2015 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available."
So I send an email out to see why the USPS still hasn't shown receipt of the package, let alone give me an expected date of arrival.

The answer I get is:
(from his supplier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS
I checked with the warehouse, we have a record that it got shipped out last Tuesday. It's normal that it takes 5-7 business days to East Coast. It should be there anytime from now.

It's now January 28th, I still show the same information from the USPS that they're waiting for a shipment.
Paypal has paid them, and I'm at 5-7 business days out without even a notice that the package has been received by the USPS, let alone an arrival date.

Who should I be going to next?
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

If the post office picked up or if it was dropped off, there would be a scan. All you have is proof they printed a label. There's a chance that the post office missed the pick up scan, they're not as reliable as UPS or FedEx, but that's still pretty rare.

Even if they missed the pick up scan, it would be scanned when it hit their various distribution centers. If it's been a week without any scans at all, I doubt it was ever picked up. I think your only option is to continue to follow up with JG Mods.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Erick,

We'll continue to stay on top of this for you and check on it each day to see what's going on. I do know that because there is bad weather in certain parts of the country that are on the route between us and yourself that delays are happening to other shipments as well. USPS' tracking system is by far the worst of the worst and they do not update it like other carriers, it may not say anything until the day it's actually dropped off. (I've seen that happen countless times before). Everything will be fine.

At the end of the day your satisfaction counts so I'll make sure you either get the part that is on the way, a replacement, or a refund in your hands. It's very rare where someone has an issue with our service which is why a neg review in any way is rare to find unlike a handful of these other companies.

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/welcome.htm

Best,
JG

Last edited by JGMODS; 01-29-2015 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
roll_the_dice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 EBII

Garage List
If it doesn't show up by Saturday or Monday, I would ask JGMods to run a tracer on the package with USPS. USPS will investigate. It should also start the process of insurance for JGMods if the package was indeed lost. Then they can send you out a new one while they deal with the lost package. hope you get it soon.
Drives: 2011 Porsche 958, 1965 Chevy C10, 1988 Porsche 944 Sold:2010 e90 Montego Blue, 2013 F30 EBII, 2013 Tangerine Scream Ford Focus ST, 2006 Mini R50,2004 VW Touareg, 2012 Camaro Convertible, 2008 Porsche 911 Convertible, 2007 Corvette, 2004 BMW e64 convertible, 2000 Dodge Dakota, 1999 Ford F150, 1999 Porsche Boxster, 1999 Ferrari Modena, 1992 BMW e36, 1990 Nissan 240sx, 1979 Celica, 1974 Mustang II
My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
I've had dealing with JGMods alot (as I've basically bought every exterior part from them) and I've never had an issue and also with good communication. Keep in mind 5-7 days = business days Mon-Fri..and the day you place the order doesn't count...so from the 20th-26th is only 5 business days. Also as mentioned before USPS system is no where need as accurate as FedEx or UPS. I've had USPS system say packaged was never shipped, but the package was in my hand I know me to....But I'm sure no matter what JGMods will take care of you

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
Wongway
Captain
Rep

Today I get an email from Jay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Talked to the head of the warehouse and got a replacement on its way to you. If you do indeed get two could you be so kind as to let us know so we can send you a return label for one of them.

"Hello Jay,

New replacement going out today

9405511899561597182964 USPS Priority"

Best,
Jay
I think "Great! I'm getting something taken care of"

I wait all day long, and even now as of yet, if I input that tracking #, I get
Quote:
Tracking Number: 9405511899561597182964
Image of a progress bar displaying error status error
The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later.

Funny thing though...
The original tracking number just got an update today...
Quote:
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Arrived at USPS Facility
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199 on January 29, 2015 at 5:29 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 20, 2015
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS
You can't tell me that it took this long to barely make it past one state?

Personally, I feel I should be refunded the shipping fee as I find that unacceptable to be charged as much as I did for shipping while barely getting past one state. This also negates any speculation about the east coast getting hit with a snowstorm as it hasn't even made it out of the west coast yet.

In the end, I still don't even know who I should be mad at. Jay? Jay's Warehouse guy? USPS?

edit:
Update:
Finally get a new update on the next package. So hopefully, I'll be looking to get a return label from Jay at the end of this mess to send one of these back to him.
Quote:
January 29, 2015 , 10:46 pm
Departed USPS Facility
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715
Your item departed our USPS facility in CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715 on January 29, 2015 at 10:46 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 29, 2015 , 10:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91715
January 29, 2015 , 8:45 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
LA PUENTE, CA 91746

Last edited by Wongway; 01-30-2015 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #7
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Both tracking #'s are working. That means TWO (2) of these have been shipped to you. Supplier nor myself have any idea as to why USPS took the parcel from CA to UTAH and now is taking it to NY. That's completely out of our hands unfortunately.

As stated in my previous email to you, please let me know when the second one arrives so that we may send you a return label for it. I understand how hectic of a situation this has been, but we did nothing wrong on our end. The package was shipped out in a timely manner & USPS took it on a wild goose chase.

Sorry this happened, we always make every effort to avoid situations like this, but we can't control when USPS fails on its end.

Let me know if you have any questions via PM or email.

Best,
JGMODS
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #8
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Jay is the man, only vendor I will buy from. Glad this is sorted out and sorry about the shipping hassle. Definitely doesn't seem to be any fault of theirs.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 11:43 PM   #9
Wongway
Captain
Rep

Second box via priority mail made it to me. Everything there is in perfect working order and installed.

First box is still pretty much lost out there, and given its history, who knows when/if I'll see it.

Once I do see it, I'll definitely be looking to get a return label.

My only takeaway from this is, if I'm to be charged as much as this for shipping, first class mail shouldn't even be in the cards.

I've bought from plenty of vendors and shipping is either much faster, or cheaper. For what I paid in shipping, I'd have been a much happier customer if the second shipment was how it was done in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #10
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongway View Post
Second box via priority mail made it to me. Everything there is in perfect working order and installed.

First box is still pretty much lost out there, and given its history, who knows when/if I'll see it.

Once I do see it, I'll definitely be looking to get a return label.

My only takeaway from this is, if I'm to be charged as much as this for shipping, first class mail shouldn't even be in the cards.

I've bought from plenty of vendors and shipping is either much faster, or cheaper. For what I paid in shipping, I'd have been a much happier customer if the second shipment was how it was done in the first place.
You still overreacted and I think you owe JGMODS an apology here. He has been nothing but professional. You say you got the second tracking and it showed invalid, OF COURSE IT WOULD, those things typically don't update for 24 hours at least. Your expectation of getting a tracking number in the morning and it not working in the afternoon proves you jump the gun too easily.

USPS sucks. They lose shit, their tracking is horrible. I've had packages go missing for a solid week and then show up as if nothing was ever wrong. I would say you should rename or delete this thread so as not to tarnish the reputation of a good company.

I know it happens because it has happened to me once or twice as a seller! I drop something off and it doesn't move for a week, or it gets the initial scan and then gets no updates until delivered. Once I had a package make it to my house but still never show it was out for delivery let alone even in the state!!!

USPS and yourself is who you should be mad at.
      02-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #11
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
For what I paid in shipping, I'd have been a much happier customer if the second shipment was how it was done in the first place.
Ok but they did the same exact thing for the second box, just that USPS didn't fuck things up that time....

I think you're missing that part.
      02-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #12
Wongway
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
Ok but they did the same exact thing for the second box, just that USPS didn't fuck things up that time....

I think you're missing that part.
No, they didn't. First box went out as first class mail. This is the box that took over a week to make it from California to Utah.

Second box went out as Priority mail. Hence, why I said, if were to be charged what I was charged for shipping and it went out like that in the first place, we wouldn't be here, nor would I be as irritated as I am(were).

Heck, first box is still twisting around out there, last I looked it up (last night).
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
No, they didn't. First box went out as first class mail. This is the box that took over a week to make it from California to Utah.

Second box went out as Priority mail. Hence, why I said, if were to be charged what I was charged for shipping and it went out like that in the first place, we wouldn't be here, nor would I be as irritated as I am(were).

Heck, first box is still twisting around out there, last I looked it up (last night).
You're missing all the larger points I made in my first reply unless you are just choosing to ignore them because you see how silly you are acting.

First Class can be just as bad as priority, its really all the same to USPS.

It just turned out this way, I guarantee even if the first one was priority it would still be having issues.
      02-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #14
Wongway
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
You still overreacted and I think you owe JGMODS an apology here. He has been nothing but professional. You say you got the second tracking and it showed invalid, OF COURSE IT WOULD, those things typically don't update for 24 hours at least. Your expectation of getting a tracking number in the morning and it not working in the afternoon proves you jump the gun too easily.
You'll forgive me for jumping the gun when you can easily see the timeline in my first post where I actually waited over a week to find that the first box moved over one state.

Let's say we get a priority mail small flat rate box. Last I looked, it's around $5. That's for me, joe_average. Now, maybe a vendor gets discounts, maybe they don't, that's not on me to judge. But I will say that my shipping cost was nowhere near that low.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #15
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
You'll forgive me for jumping the gun when you can easily see the timeline in my first post where I actually waited over a week to find that the first box moved over one state.

Let's say we get a priority mail small flat rate box. Last I looked, it's around $5. That's for me, joe_average. Now, maybe a vendor gets discounts, maybe they don't, that's not on me to judge. But I will say that my shipping cost was nowhere near that low.
Whatever, I won't argue anymore. All I am saying is be mad at USPS and not JGMods.

If the USPS would have delivered on time this would have never been an issue.
      02-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #16
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

This thread was 100% premature.

Props to Jay for second out a second item while the first one was still in limbo. Can't imagine any other vendors would do the same especially in this short of time span.
      02-09-2015, 02:49 PM   #17
Wongway
Captain
Rep

January 19th the order was placed.
Even waiting till January 20th for the order to be processed, that order still took from that point till February 3rd to arrive. When the original post was made, that order still hadn't even shown as arriving at a USPS facility yet.

Premature?

Maybe I'm spoiled. I'm too used to having 2 day ship times from Amazon, I've had ECSTuning get me stuff in less than 24 hours. (Still not sure how that happened), I've ordered from plenty of other places that have given me tracking numbers that worked from point A to B, and plenty of other places that have shipped items from one end of the states to the next in a week.

What I will say at this point in time, now that I have the items in hand;
Jay came through, took care of me, and got another order shipped out to me and made things right.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #18
gregory.fazekas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6mt

I have nothing but good things to say about JGMODS they kept in contact with me from ordering the bumper to paint and shipping. Dealt with my constant questions, even at ungodly hours of the night. Excellent guy and an excellent company.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 08:38 AM   #19
Shinzi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.fazekas View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about JGMODS they kept in contact with me from ordering the bumper to paint and shipping. Dealt with my constant questions, even at ungodly hours of the night. Excellent guy and an excellent company.
Same here, JGMODS is good peoples. Just hang in there.

08' Atlantic Blue Metallic 335XI
SC7 19's / KW V1 / JB4 / BMS DCI / Wrapped!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #20
DerkN54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Same here, JGMODS is good peoples. Just hang in there.
Does anyone know why it says banned under their username and profile? I have previously ordered from them and everything was fine. Now I send them an email through their site and have to hear back from them.
Appreciate 0