E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Ghetto Fuel Door

01-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #23
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by express705
i listen to rap does that mean i am ghetto??
Naw, just a rich wanna be
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #24
PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMS E90 335i AT

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe View Post
Thanks for the input gentlemen I've threatened to dynamat it to see if that will help, just haven't had time. Also, I noticed a few weeks ago that my box is actually touching the bottom portion of my rear decklid, so it's possible that it is transferring more vibration...maybe? Either way, I've got a smaller band-pass box sitting around that I think I'll throw these into and see if they alleviate some of the rattling. I'll probably try turning the portholes towards the skihole as well. At this point, even if the bass doesn't sound as good (to an extent mind you) I'm willing to face them ANY direction to get rid of that rattle!

Regarding removing the rubber bumper, I would think that the rattle would get worse since the door would be resting on the plastic piece behind the rubber? I suppose that is not the case - does it just float there instead?

Thanks again!
Thought I'd give an update to those interested.. I swapped my bigger box with a smaller bandpass box (which doesnt touch any of the rear deck) and the rattle is still there. It isn't as bad, but it's only about 5% better... I'm going to try putting my other box back in and facing the subs forward to see if that alleviates any of the rattle. I suppose I may just be out of luck without getting some dynamat installed...

2007 JB e90 retired!
2008 BMS e90 stock for now
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 03:35 AM   #25
turbocomppro
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe View Post
Thought I'd give an update to those interested.. I swapped my bigger box with a smaller bandpass box (which doesnt touch any of the rear deck) and the rattle is still there. It isn't as bad, but it's only about 5% better... I'm going to try putting my other box back in and facing the subs forward to see if that alleviates any of the rattle. I suppose I may just be out of luck without getting some dynamat installed...
Hey, any update on this? I have the gas cap rattle problem (no breaking problem luckily) and I want to know if you dynametted the thing and where you placed the mat if you did and did it help with the rattle?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #26
PaiNFuLSeDaTiVe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMS E90 335i AT

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocomppro View Post
Hey, any update on this? I have the gas cap rattle problem (no breaking problem luckily) and I want to know if you dynametted the thing and where you placed the mat if you did and did it help with the rattle?
I now have an 08 e90 which has already broken the switch (or whatever it is) and I have replaced it with a new one and it's working fine. The rattle isn't as prevalent in this e90 as it was in my 07. However, I was desperate in my old car and just thought I'd try something quickly and I took doublestick tape and put it inside the door (which slides off the plastic hinge part easily) and then filled it with plastic bags (dynamat would prlly be better for sure) and the rattle from the door itself went 99% away. The part where the door flops onto the plunger piece still existed though. GL sir.

2007 JB e90 retired!
2008 BMS e90 stock for now
Appreciate 0