E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Greater Toronto Area: Rim Techniques (Weston & Finch)

03-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Thumbs down Greater Toronto Area: Rim Techniques (Weston & Finch)

im sooo pissed...
went to refinish my wheels last week, dropped them off at a place called rim techniques near weston and finch. guy says 3 weeks till they are done cause he's super busy. i ask what it will look like when they are done cause i wanted it to look factory again. he said 99% match but cant guarantee it to be factory. cool. 99% is pretty damn close.

1 week goes by and he's callin me on monday and tuesday to come pick up my wheels. im estatic that they're done so fast and head up there on wednesday.

biggg suprise they totally butchered my mayas. the lips have a line running through them which the owner claims "its what happens when we run it through the machine". and the lines are across the middle of the friggin lip WTF.

i ask him how this is possible, and he says, it happens cause the machine doesnt fit all the way in on the wheel. i kindly ask him to fix it by running the machine across the rest of the lip and he says an extra $100 per rim. now im fakkin livid. seriously, im just fuming. instead i ask him to powdercoat it to "cover up" these lines and he says, oh we dont powdercoat your type of rims cause the machine doesnt fit...so if he knew it didnt fit, why the fack would he tell me 99% factory look afterwards and why would he refinish them to begin with...

now im going to have to take them somewhere else and have them redone. this guy sucks sooo bad. dont ever take anything there unless you you're looking for someone to butcher your wheels...ill do it for free for you. save you $500.

just wanted to give you torontonians a heads up. last 2 pics are just in case u cant see the line and mistaken it for a reflection
Attached Images

03-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
dam dude thats a shame, I don't know how business is done in Toronto but shit like that would not fly in Cali. I feel for you, I would be enraged by a half-assed job like this
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
Snecro
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

wow that's BS. I'd be pissed too.
I'll be sure to stay away from "rim (without any) techniques"
      03-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
Desi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport X-Drive

God damn, I got my wheels repaired by a place just outside of Ottawa last year and I would have been friggen LIVID if those were my wheels, and my wheels weren't even all that expensive to begin with!
      03-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
brokemywallet
Slaveaholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I

so, what exactly did you have done to the wheel??? did you have the lip repolished???

if so, they should have known beforehand that the machine would make such marks.

I had a set of jdm work wheels polished before and the machine made those lines, but they were not as noticeable as that is......sorry to hear.

they really need to take it apart and hand polish those or setup another jig or something!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #6
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

did u even pay them?
well u should ask him that question
"if he knew it didnt fit, why the fack would he tell me 99% factory look"
and u should not pay him anything...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Buddy, sorry to hear about this. What happen to your wheels in the first place? Mayas are known to be very soft and bend very easily (I had a set of STMs on an E55 and two front rims bent within one month of ownership). Also, they used some special technique to coat the lips and you ABSOLUTELY cannot use a chrome cleaner on the lip or the lip will be permanently tarnished. When I had my wheels refinished, the guy was well aware of this issue and offered to take off that coating and repolish the lips for me.
      10-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
kimmy
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

I think you may have been scammed

Hey, Sorry to hear about your rims. I am a representative from Rim Techniques and we never tell a customer they would have to repay ANY amount if they are not happy. Also, we have been having a problem lately with another businesss in the complex. There is a business in unit "16" of the complex that keeps telling customers that they are "Rim Techniques", but they are not. These guys sell rims and tires. Rim Techniques has never sold tires or rims. When customers come looking for us they end up going to unit 16 and they tell them yes they are Rim Techniques. What was the name/nationality of the guy you spoke to? Thanks, Kim
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #9
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

hopefull this Kimmy character is for real and Ivan gets this mess all sorted out!
      10-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #10
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Hopefully Kimmy is correct and this gets sorted out. If it is true you should bust them out.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
oh well, i dont have these anymore. i had them refinished properly by another place on hwy 7 that actually made them look better than the other side. haha. ended up having to pay a total of $1300 for refinishing of 2 wheels. i sold them when i parted out my car earlier this year. new owner is lovin them tho and i still get to see them once in a while haha. by the way, i pm'd you back kimmy.
      10-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy View Post
Hey, Sorry to hear about your rims. I am a representative from Rim Techniques and we never tell a customer they would have to repay ANY amount if they are not happy. Also, we have been having a problem lately with another businesss in the complex. There is a business in unit "16" of the complex that keeps telling customers that they are "Rim Techniques", but they are not. These guys sell rims and tires. Rim Techniques has never sold tires or rims. When customers come looking for us they end up going to unit 16 and they tell them yes they are Rim Techniques. What was the name/nationality of the guy you spoke to? Thanks, Kim
oh and for the record, these were the guys i took them to
he sent me a link to pictures of the "supossedly other rim techniques shop" that was in the plaza (www.tirecanada.com) but....... that wasnt the shop i went to..unless ofcourse theres a third "rim techniques" in that very same plaza
      06-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
neco01
Registered
Rep
Drives: 01 530i S

Rims refinishing

Hi - I've got a 530 with the 2-pc factory 17's that need refreshing but after seeing the job you got Kim can use her "techniques" on someone else's rim. What was the place on HWY 7 that did the decent refinish on your rims?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #14
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

You shouldve ripped the shiet out of him!
Appreciate 0