E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > bluetooth retrofitted

04-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #45
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdo View Post
To be honest i do take slight offence. I never questioned your ability at fitting the unit or did i say i just wanted to have a go myself.

I like you are an auto installer and have been installing units into cars as my professional occupation for the past 8 years. The only reason i asked is i cant find anywhere in the uk that will supply them and I would be interested in buying the kit for my car.

Forget i asked.
Why did you take offence? There was nothing in your post that Rick could assume. you just asked what the price for the unit would be without fitting. Had you explained you were a fitter yourself looking to provide this service, perhaps you might have got a different answer.

Gazza
      04-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #46
sattapaal
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d SE Saloon

Garage List
2007 330d SE  [0.00]
Even thats a pisstake Gaz, a lad has done his research and has invested in technology that works....and another lad wants to know the product so he can sell it on further, and offer his services?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #47
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1986 mr2 mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotty View Post

Cant please everyone I suppose, its a great thread and for £50 no matter how skilled you are it isn't worth the hassle of diy. I will be conacting to shortly for one of these. Well done.
I second that !
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #48
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I made the mistake of nixing BT when I bought my '08 e92. This looks great. Anyone know if people are installing this (or if it works) stateside?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #49
macdo
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 32d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattapaal View Post
Even thats a pisstake Gaz, a lad has done his research and has invested in technology that works....and another lad wants to know the product so he can sell it on further, and offer his services?
I do not want to sell it on further. I simply want to purchase one kit for my own car.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #50
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
I made the mistake of nixing BT when I bought my '08 e92. This looks great. Anyone know if people are installing this (or if it works) stateside?

Thanks!

ive been using it a week or so now and its very good , very clear ,dare i say better than my parrot system I had in the last car

my mate had bmw blue tooth in his 335d and he was allways complaining about it , he said this was better
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #51
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
FAO MobileInstall

Hope you're still reading this: unable to PM you, the 'contact us' box on your website is the size of a postage stamp and I had a couple of questions I hope you can answer:

1. The mObridge site says that this system sits on the MOST ring before the CD changer, but that the HU can only provide functionality for one or the other. I can't find anything similar on the Fiscon site, but their kit looks the same.

So, does this mean that if I had this fitted (with my CD changer in the boot) that I would no longer be able to use it all the time I wanted a Bluetooth connection?

2. Either way, I want some kind of Bluetooth handsfree kit fitted - would you travel as far as Stoke or do you know someone you can recommend local to me?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #52
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

wow $630 us...just as expensive for oem bluetooth...

oh well will be going with the parrot mki9000 with fullaux kit from justcarkits

any installation pictures of this fiscon kit

Last edited by rogerdiaz; 04-16-2011 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:19 AM   #53
G_M_S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330D

Notice on the Fiscon Website it mentions the option of having the OEM style speaker fitted into the light unit - is this something that's available in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #54
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_M_S View Post
Notice on the Fiscon Website it mentions the option of having the OEM style speaker fitted into the light unit - is this something that's available in the UK?
Hi

I think by speaker you actually mean microphone, Fiscon do Mic's to go in the interior light cluster like factory fit.

Here is the one just released for this kit if you want it it adds £24 to the price of the kit making it £442.80 altogether

Its very important to get the microphone sealed in the enclosure so that it doesn't pick up wind noise, the headlining forms a major part of the sound insulation in this respect. if you just try fitting the regular mic the other side of the light cluster it sounds shocking. a lot of factory hands-free's suffer from poor quality TX audio because of this.

This is the regular Parrot Mic that is fitted on the Fiscon install on an E90 at the moment in case you're wondering. This is the only irregular bit of the install and according to my last customers wife who used to speak to her husband on an OEM BMW handsfree it does sound better than the BMW factory kit on the TX audio side.

Last edited by mobileinstall; 04-20-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #55
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Hope you're still reading this: unable to PM you, the 'contact us' box on your website is the size of a postage stamp and I had a couple of questions I hope you can answer:

1. The mObridge site says that this system sits on the MOST ring before the CD changer, but that the HU can only provide functionality for one or the other. I can't find anything similar on the Fiscon site, but their kit looks the same.

So, does this mean that if I had this fitted (with my CD changer in the boot) that I would no longer be able to use it all the time I wanted a Bluetooth connection?

2. Either way, I want some kind of Bluetooth handsfree kit fitted - would you travel as far as Stoke or do you know someone you can recommend local to me?

TIA
Hi Paul

I fitted a few MObridge kits, they were best part of £800 and went in place of the CD changer on the MOST bus so if you wanted one you had to do away with the CD changer on the car. I think the Dension Gateway kit has the same problem. The Fiscon doesn't have this problem, as far as the MOST bus is concerned its a Telephone kit and will work with all other components on the most bus without an issue.

And yes I will go to Stoke NP

No-one has any stock at the moment though, we're expecting another shipment from ze faterland in the next week, the hold-up has been caused by BMW changing the software on the very latest 2011 plate cars meaning that the kit won't talk to it. The next batch of kits will have software to cope with these new vehicles but halted production for about a fortnight while it was sorted out.

Last edited by mobileinstall; 04-20-2011 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #56
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdo View Post
I do not want to sell it on further. I simply want to purchase one kit for my own car.
Manufacturers website is there if you google it, get kit directly from their uk distributor £391 delivered.

It does say "No fitting instructions is available for this product"

It should say; No fitting instructions ARE available for this product

There isn't an instruction manual either you can download a very badly translated German one but all the pictures show the text on the screen of the radio in German.

If you Ring Sean Mackay from Auto installs in Edinburgh he can come and fit it for you for £414 give you a full demo of the kit when he's done.

Worth the extra £23 surely
      04-21-2011, 01:17 AM   #57
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileinstall View Post
Hi Paul

I fitted a few MObridge kits, they were best part of £800 and went in place of the CD changer on the MOST bus so if you wanted one you had to do away with the CD changer on the car. I think the Dension Gateway kit has the same problem. The Fiscon doesn't have this problem, as far as the MOST bus is concerned its a Telephone kit and will work with all other components on the most bus without an issue.

And yes I will go to Stoke NP

No-one has any stock at the moment though, we're expecting another shipment from ze faterland in the next week, the hold-up has been caused by BMW changing the software on the very latest 2011 plate cars meaning that the kit won't talk to it. The next batch of kits will have software to cope with these new vehicles but halted production for about a fortnight while it was sorted out.
Brilliant thanks for replying. I'll give you a call sometime
      04-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #58
G_M_S
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330D

Sorry I did mean mic and not speaker.............doh!

Found this link for installation - wouldn't consider it myself however in the spirit of information sharing on the forum: http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/support/...bmw_pro_en.pdf
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #59
Ryan87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D M Sport

This looks fantastic and exactly what Iv been looking for.

OP, now that you've had this in a while have you had any problems at all?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 05:50 AM   #60
chrismanchr
Second Lieutenant
Rep

no problems or issues at all ,got an iphone 2 months ago works perfectly with it
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #61
marshyrob
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d 2017 M Sport

A quick question, my car is non idrive and has a professional radio with no CD changer. Will this do A2DP audio streaming from a bluetooth device for my particular setup?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #62
Ryan87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismanchr View Post
no problems or issues at all ,got an iphone 2 months ago works perfectly with it
Fantastic, thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:41 AM   #63
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Hi Rick,

I hope you're still looking here as I'd like to ask a couple of questions with a view to purchase.

I bought a car without BT spec'd thinking that I would never need it however, since that time everyone seems to want to call me while driving so perhaps I overlooked it. I have no idea what BMW charge to install the OEM BT (I have the USB/Aux/iPod interface in the centre arm rest) but I bet it's expensive, I also looked at the BMW portable nav solution but have decided against it as the dashboard needs to be drilled...no thanks.

I want BT to be as OEM as possible and for the sake of an extra £24 for that cable & mic which integrate into the OE interior light, I think I can justify it. I'd like to ask though, in the picture you have provided of it, it appears to have a 3.5mm headphone jack, where does this connect to? I am concerned that it will plug into the aux input in my glovebox which i consistently use to hook my iPhone up to and play music.

Secondly, I live in Surrey so I wonder if you'd know of any reputable Southern installers that could carry out the work?

Lastly, is any coding rquired?

Thanks & I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by Cozy; 12-13-2011 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #64
Adil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci M Sport

Does anyone know if Rick is still on the forum? I'd like to enlist his services also to have Bluetooth fitted as OEM as possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #65
mobileinstall
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE91 View Post
I'm very confident working on my car. I've been working on cars for 10 years or so now and have fitted several "handsfree" kits already. However for the sake of £50 I'd rather have someone with a bit more experience and more importantly insurance should anything go wrong.

I was looking at buying a Parrot mki9000 and fitting it myself however for the kit alone with steering wheel interface was a little over £200. But it wouldn't have had any interaction with the stereo/display. For £200 extra fitted I think this is much better.

The only thing I think is a shame is that they haven't developed a mic that fits in the oem slot rather than the standard Parrot style mic.
Here is the kit that Chris was talking about, It's £100 cheaper than the Fiscon with the steering wheel module or £200 cheaper if you use the remote that comes with the kit if your steering wheel doesn't have the telephone buttons

Voice dialling from this kit is the best on the market and it doesn't require any training. It also has iPod, USB Line In and bluetooth music streaming from your phone.
      06-12-2014, 12:50 PM   #66
PooLBoYJc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

Installation in the United States

Hey, I'm seeing all these products, but does anyone know if there are any stateside installers that can work with these products? Are any of these even available to the US? I've sent emails to some of the companies mentioned, but no replies as of yet.

Dan
Appreciate 0