E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Android Auto recommendations

04-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #1
Bobbych
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series 320d 2010

Android Auto recommendations

Hi all

I have a 2010 e90 with the professional CIC with 6.5 screen

A month ago I purchased and fitted an Android auto / carplay head unit I got from AliExpress for £240

Now , I love the unit and it's one of the only ones I've seen which has wireless android which is great for me as I hate apple phones

However in using it, the screen is terrible. Firstly it's too reflective, and if I put on an anti glare cover, in normal daylight, it looks white

The screen itself just seems not bright enough and it's on full brightness.

There seems also to be an issue when using the OEM CIC, that is even dimmer than the android auto.

So I've come to the conclusion I'm taking it back out and going back to OEM but I really loved having the wireless android Auto

So i am looking for recommendations on what people have used and have no issues with the screen like I have had. I need to replace the screen as mine is only 6.5. I am not keen on the android based units as i want to use android auto.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement screen that I can actually see and use, as good as the OEM screen

Thanks
Appreciate 0