E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > iForged retailer in Toronto

03-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #23
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer View Post
i just bought a set ! hahaha i like the design though =(
I won't doubt that. They are top notch when it comes to design and paint. If you want matte black or non glossy finishes you have to pay a premium for the paint to be baked on.
The best forged wheels out on the market are HRE/DPE and some real Japanese forged rims, like WORK.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #24
shimajer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

haha yah ikno the wheels. i had 20s dpe and 19s dpes.. so yah dpes are alright. i will try some iforged too loll
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #25
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Iforged are horrible in terms of quality.
You'd be surprised at where they are made.
I hope that's not the case, I was a bit hesitant with it since it is one of the largest purchase I've made sight unseen.

I'm getting the track edition rim w/ brushed aluminium...

HRE monoblocks are not out yet and will be crazy expensive, DPE design doesn't have 1-pc either and god knows how much the Japanese ones will cost (I actually spotted a set I like, but will be hard to find).
      03-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #26
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
haha yah ikno the wheels. i had 20s dpe and 19s dpes.. so yah dpes are alright. i will try some iforged too loll
My friends AW m3 got killed. He hit a pothole with his 19 iforged. The whole tire exploded and the rims got mad bent... It's his second time too. I remember he sold his set of gold's on craigslist for dirt cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGxi View Post
I hope that's not the case, I was a bit hesitant with it since it is one of the largest purchase I've made sight unseen.

I'm getting the track edition rim w/ brushed aluminium...

HRE monoblocks are not out yet and will be crazy expensive, DPE design doesn't have 1-pc either and god knows how much the Japanese ones will cost (I actually spotted a set I like, but will be hard to find).
Theres a reason why DPE and HRE and WORK's cost so much. It's all about materials and where its made.
I had a really good deal on a set of hyper black iforged drifts , but I didn't end up getting them.

My advice to you guys is just becareful. Roads in toronto are death.
Other than that they are a very nice set of rims.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:26 PM   #27
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
My friends AW m3 got killed. He hit a pothole with his 19 iforged. The whole tire exploded and the rims got mad bent... It's his second time too. I remember he sold his set of gold's on craigslist for dirt cheap.

Theres a reason why DPE and HRE and WORK's cost so much. It's all about materials and where its made.
I had a really good deal on a set of hyper black iforged drifts , but I didn't end up getting them.

My advice to you guys is just becareful. Roads in toronto are death.
Other than that they are a very nice set of rims.
I think it depends on where you go and how you drive... ctgazer's been doing ok with his!
      03-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #28
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
I think it depends on where you go and how you drive... ctgazer's been doing ok with his!
Maya's are top knotch. I would say they are on the same level as DPE.
Price wise and quality.

I feel sorry for his Maya's tho, they got ruined... Hopefully gazer can fix them!

Well you can't avoid potholes or broken ash fault. Steeles is just horrible. Thats where my friends 19's exploded and bent.

But yo Kelvin, don't worry too much about it. iforged's are half the price of HREs. So you get what you pay for.
Just becareful when driving and you'll be fine. If you see a pothole or crack in the ground report it to the city and tell them to get it fixed, so all of us can drive safer.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #29
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
hahahaha, well, if mine does break, then I know I'll go back to OEM... it's a sign!
      03-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #30
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
hahahaha, well, if mine does break, then I know I'll go back to OEM... it's a sign!
Haha theres a reason why OEM rims are so strong. They are the best quality made rims. People might not think so, but their wrong. Theres a reason why OEM rims cost so much.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #31
yuggy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
lol..nice purchase Kelvin! =)
can't wait for a meet when we get everything installed! haha
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #32
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Haha theres a reason why OEM rims are so strong. They are the best quality made rims. People might not think so, but their wrong. Theres a reason why OEM rims cost so much.
2 of my OEM Type 44 bent badly by pothole and I am not the only one with bent type 44. When I sent my type 44 to wheelfix, they told me it was their most famous rim! because they having so many business from type 44 & type 68. Also, every tire shop hate to balance bmw oem wheel, they have to put a lot of weight on everywhere to balance it. Not to mention how heavy is the BMW oem rim! The type 44 is almost double the weight of the oem TSX rim and I never heard that TSX rim(a lot of TSX guys also use the oem rim for winter rim and having something else for summer) is easy to bend at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #33
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
2 of my OEM Type 44 bent badly by pothole and I am not the only one with bent type 44. When I sent my type 44 to wheelfix, they told me it was their most famous rim! because they having so many business from type 44 & type 68. Also, every tire shop hate to balance bmw oem wheel, they have to put a lot of weight on everywhere to balance it. Not to mention how heavy is the BMW oem rim! The type 44 is almost double the weight of the oem TSX rim and I never heard that TSX rim(a lot of TSX guys also use the oem rim for winter rim and having something else for summer) is easy to bend at all.
Some are better made than others. Depending on what style you have. The OEM rim is heavy for a reason. When BMW made their cars, they took wheels into consideration. They didn't just say, "ohh lets include heavy rims into our 3 series for fun." The make their rims with really high quality materials. Most rims are mixed with some other materials for companies to save money. You should see SEVAS. They are "forged" but the quality of their rims are absolute trash.

Last edited by Excellence; 03-27-2008 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #34
ARA5HE90
ARA5HE90
Canada
Rep
Drives: a beast!

Garage List
2007 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Tried PM, no reply...
you have to email him.. he does reply quick

his email is on the website..

2oo7 e90 JB 328xi/// with too many mods!?!?!
check out my ride = http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246531
2oo8 e90 SSII ///M3 *the silver ghost* = http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409084
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #35
shimajer
Captain
Rep

DPE and HRE bend just as easily man.

I had DPEs , they bent after one pothole too. Not just one bent, but like 3 bents on the front lip. I didn't even hit the pothole that bad. It depends on the angle you hit the pothole at.

I had ADRs before, hit every single pothole, nothing happened. Can you say those are made with the best methods? Sometimes, it's just how luck you are. Iforged are just as good, they are made in US, not in China.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #36
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
DPE and HRE bend just as easily man.

I had DPEs , they bent after one pothole too. Not just one bent, but like 3 bents on the front lip. I didn't even hit the pothole that bad. It depends on the angle you hit the pothole at.

I had ADRs before, hit every single pothole, nothing happened. Can you say those are made with the best methods? Sometimes, it's just how luck you are. Iforged are just as good, they are made in US, not in China.
Wrong. Iforged are made in China/Taiwan. Then the rims are shipped somewhere to get the really fancy hub cap slapped on. Then they put the wheels on exotics to imply that they are high quality. Advertising at it's best.

I also highly doubt iforged uses 8000ton forging for their rims.

Oh and if you take a look at many "forged" deep dish rims on the market, a lot of them are the same. Companies pay money to have their name stamped on the rim.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #37
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARA5HE90 View Post
you have to email him.. he does reply quick

his email is on the website..
I did get a reply from Lewis soon after ehhhwik posted, which I appreciate very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence
That I can't say, there are quite a few threads in the forum that says otherwise, for the same amount of $. The wheel I picked isn't any cheaper than the OEM rims...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence
Wrong. Iforged are made in China/Taiwan. Then the rims are shipped somewhere to get the really fancy hub cap slapped on. Then they put the wheels on exotics to imply that they are high quality. Advertising at it's best.
Quote:
From iForged:
Our goal is to satisfy our valued customer and fellow enthusiast, by offering you the hottest wheels in the industry from concept and design to final construction. Our wheels reflect our insight into the heart of the auto enthusiast community, and have no equal. iForged wheels are made proudly in the U.S.A. All wheels can be polished, chrome plated, powdercoated, custom painted, or brushed.
http://iforged.com/us/about.php

Hmmm, false advertising?
      03-27-2008, 08:37 PM   #38
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Some are better made than others. Depending on what style you have. The OEM rim is heavy for a reason. When BMW made their cars, they took wheels into consideration. They didn't just say, "ohh lets include heavy rims into our 3 series for fun." The make their rims with really high quality materials. Most rims are mixed with some other materials for companies to save money. You should see SEVAS. They are "forged" but the quality of their rims are absolute trash.
I have no idea what a SEVAS is! I am kind of with you, I only trust BBS, Volks, Works...etc. But I just dun agree all bmw oem rims are high quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #39
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Anyway, bottom line is I like the look of these wheels I saw... it's either these or a similar set of reps...and these wheels are "suppose" to be light.
      03-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #40
shimajer
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Oh and if you take a look at many "forged" deep dish rims on the market, a lot of them are the same. Companies pay money to have their name stamped on the rim.
You can't really prove their wheels are made in China/ Taiwan. Who told you that? Just reading some article off the websites? My friend has been in the modding scene for the past 10 yrs. He has a modded porsche and part of R Squadron. If he says Iforged is made in US, then the wheels are made in the US. The only thing that Iforged is that the guy used to work with HRE , so he applied many ideas from HRE.

The way I see it, all wheels are capable of bending. If you want a blingbling (non tuner type) wheel, you have basically 3 choices: HRE, DPE, and Iforged. All of which can be bent due to the softer alluminum lips.

Iforged, DPE, and HRE all use the same construction methods, the same machinery to make their wheels. All of the companies have both bad and good things mentioned about them. HRE being the most expensive due to its presence, it had been in the market for the longest time.

One of these booths belongs to Vincent Wong of IForged, a manufacturer that California wheel-maker HRE has accused of imitating its designs. Wong’s company creates its forged wheels in Anaheim, California, less than two hours away from HRE’s own factory in San Diego.

Anyways, I don't really care. lol I just like the design of the wheels. I just want to clarify where these wheels are made in. I have to drive extremely slow on these shitty roads anyways regardless of what type of wheels i use.

Last edited by shimajer; 03-27-2008 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #41
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
You can't really prove their wheels are made in China/ Taiwan. Who told you that? Just reading some article off the websites? My friend has been in the modding scene for the past 10 yrs. He has a modded porsche and part of R Squadron. If he says Iforged is made in US, then the wheels are made in the US.
It doesn't matter how long you've been in the scene or what squad your from.
Your going to believe your friend? And so what if he drives a modded Porsche?

If theres money to be made, there are aways ways for a company to make
money off the customer. I'm not saying all companies are like that, but a lot are. Essienhaus has been in the business for how long, and they have claimed they have been selling genuine German Exhausts.

Oh and I remember seeing canucklion hinting that iforged's were made in china.

I don't want to turn this into an argument, I was just giving you guys a heads up and to be careful with the rims.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #42
shimajer
Captain
Rep

Same, I don't want to turn this into an argument. But you can't assume or claim they are made in China when you do not work for them. And a lot of information you're telling me is just off the forums that other people are "claiming" Just because your friend's wheels were bent, it doens't mean they are made in China lol. So I am going to start claiming DPE are made in China cause they were bent too? You should have some backup information before you say stuff like that. And who's canucklion? Trust me, my friend knows a lot of shit, more than any individual, he's been sponsored by all the wheels companies, so he would know. And he does his research on wheels not just off forums or anything , but actually flying over to inspect the wheels and etc... It's best to know when you're in the modding scene for that long, not just any random individual judging after reading articles on forums.

And FYI, HRE does not manufacture their outter and inner rim lips! They buy those from another source. All they do in house is the polishing and manufacturing of the center face. they dont even do the finish in house they send them out to be done...

anyways, let's move on...

Last edited by shimajer; 03-28-2008 at 07:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #43
BlownM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW M3

Quote:

Sorry iForged wheels are MADE IN THE USA. Your information is wrong. I would wish people on this forum actually do their research and stop making assumptons without any real knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:40 PM   #44
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownM3 View Post
Sorry iForged wheels are MADE IN THE USA. Your information is wrong. I would wish people on this forum actually do their research and stop making assumptons without any real knowledge.

Just drop it.
Appreciate 0