E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > IstaP and I Killed my e92

05-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #1
330DE90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 BMW 325i m sport n53

IstaP and I Killed my e92

i was using Ista/P to try and find where and if i can disable or reset the NOx Cat function and i had a battery charger to keep the voltage above 13V, i had my laptop plugged in on full battery, suddenly the message pops up about low voltage from the car battery and the process aborts, now my car is not responding at all, is there anyway to put it back in or do i now need to find a replacement CAS module or is there another way around this? PS im well aware i should have taken more precautionary measures in regards to power source etc
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330DE90
i was using Ista/P to try and find where and if i can disable or reset the NOx Cat function and i had a battery charger to keep the voltage above 13V, i had my laptop plugged in on full battery, suddenly the message pops up about low voltage from the car battery and the process aborts, now my car is not responding at all, is there anyway to put it back in or do i now need to find a replacement CAS module or is there another way around this? PS im well aware i should have taken more precautionary measures in regards to power source etc
Show screenshot of exact error.

It's impossible to suggest a solution without knowing some more information:

1. ICOM or DCAN?
2. VM or Native ISTA?
3. BMW Standard Tools installed? For recovery.
4. ISTA D Rheingold installed? For recovery.
5. When you say 'not responding' what do you mean? Car starts but diagnosis doesn't respond?

As ISTA says low battery have you tried charging the battery back to full capacity then reconnect with ISTA D.

Sometime with this CAS / DME just need to be resynced.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 05:40 AM   #3
330DE90
Enlisted Member
Rep

1. ICOM or DCAN? - ICOM
2. VM or Native ISTA? - Native
3. BMW Standard Tools installed? For recovery. Ive got BST but
4. ISTA D Rheingold installed? For recovery. - I also have ISTA D
5. When you say 'not responding' what do you mean? Car starts but diagnosis doesn't respond?

The car is completely dead, not responding to anything, no lights, unresponsive key, wont slot in, DVD drive is working though

im currently trying to set up WinKFP to try and reset the CAS as i inderstand the key needs to be out of the ignition anyway
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 06:16 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330DE90
1. ICOM or DCAN? - ICOM
2. VM or Native ISTA? - Native
3. BMW Standard Tools installed? For recovery. Ive got BST but
4. ISTA D Rheingold installed? For recovery. - I also have ISTA D

The car is completely dead, not responding to anything, no lights, unresponsive key, wont slot in, DVD drive is working though

im currently trying to set up WinKFP to try and reset the CAS as i inderstand the key needs to be out of the ignition anyway
Why would Winkfp help you?

Can you lock / unlock vehicle? Are you sure battery is not flat?

Try charging battery then realign CAS / DDE.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 06:54 AM   #5
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330DE90 View Post
Which module was programming when low voltage message pop up? CAS?
      05-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #6
frenchi
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: F30 340i M Performance

don't use ista/P for nox cat,you need ista/D ! Did you try an ecu update ? Seems like a Cas update failure...full charge car battery then try Winkfp with latest sp-daten files and update Only Cas with key removed and main headlight swith to manual light not auto - most important part otherwise will have only errors on update.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #7
MR.BLUECOLLARMAN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 06 325i Sedan Silver

Same thing happened to me when I was changing a vin number through Winkfp. What I did was when i clicked on update zusb I selected CAS or DME whichever you were working on and then click the radio button until it reads the vin number from the car, and then click update zusb and it should reset it for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 11:25 PM   #8
MR.BLUECOLLARMAN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 06 325i Sedan Silver

*What I meant was click the radio power buttons and some other buttons so that the ecu/CAS will wake up enough for the computer to read it
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 03:22 AM   #9
330DE90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Much appreciated guys, only issue im having now is the software, ive now got the software but for some reason my WinKPF does not want to work as it should, ive followed the steps and no success, anyone know who can remotely install for me to get it working right.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #10
330DE90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Success !!!, with a lot of help from "cryptomit" i managed to update my CAS3 module in less than 10minutes using Winkfp and a K+Dcan cable and my car fired right up, i thought id completely killed my CAS but id probably just wiped some of the data, Winkfp chose the most up to date software. i appreciate the help some of you other guys have given me, saved me £600 i was being quoted to repair the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 06:20 AM   #11
rubensaints
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

after i flash the cas i have elv steering wheel lock any advices?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #12
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubensaints View Post
after i flash the cas i have elv steering wheel lock any advices?
Reset ELV counter in tool32
Appreciate 0