E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Potential new owner 330d owner and questions!

06-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

Potential new owner 330d owner and questions!

Hi,

I've joined up as recommended by someone on an Audi forum I currently use
I have currently have a B5 RS4 which is hopefully being sold very soon and being replaced by a 330d, either saloon or estate.

I've decided on the spec I want, which is as above, saloon or estate.

I've sat in both cloth and leather seats, and after initially wanting leather due to all of my other cars having it, it seems I prefered the cloth.
The quality of the leather didn't seem that great to me, and a couple of cars I looked at in a local garage had rather worn bolsters, which surprised me considering they were well under 100k miles!

I would prefer to have a pan sunroof, am I right in thinking these only came in the Touring as an option, and very few saloons have sun roofs at all?

Idrive, I would prefer to have it, but if not, how easy is it to fit a double din headunit?
I currently have one in my RS4 with digital freeview TV tuner and sat nav module.
I could swap these over no problem, however I've seen a few threads saying its not easy to fit?
I've seen a couple of different solutions, the best looking like it had the HVAC controls moved above the headunit, but how does that affect being able to see the screen easily if its right down low?

Finally, I flatly refuse to have a silver or black car, and ideally want Le Mans blue or something a bit rarer. From my searches, it seems you literally have a choice of black,silver, dark grey and blue. Is that it apart from the odd Police spec white one?

Oh, it must be manual too!

Obviously I understand I'm going to have to make a compromise on spec somewhere, so if I got one with leather for example, what do people think the chances are of someone with cloth wanting to swap? Which is considered the most desirable?

I do have my eye on a couple of cars, so fingers crossed mine sells tomorrow as someone is coming to view it
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Hi Dest, (its Craig!)

welcome!
ive not been here long, but hopefully am able to answer a couple of your questions.

regarding the seats, it needs to be an Msport you go for, as the SE seats are pretty horrible imo (i have them ). The standard msports have cloth centre with alacantara bolsters, personally id want leather, but the stock msports are nice too.

Pan roof is Tourings only

Idrive is nice, however i'm under the impression that all but the very latest "CiC" iDrive is surpassed by a decent double din unit like yours. you can get a double din fascia and it just bolts in, you get looms to keep steering wheel functionality as well.

i take it your manual requirements are the reason for avoiding the 335D, and i guess i would agree with you, the 330D's ain't no slouch when remapped (obviously not RS4 pace, but brisk enough)

i reckon you would easily be able to swap out the leather for stock msport seats easily, prob get cash your way as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
dest
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E91 320d M Sport

Thanks
Sorry, I should of said that I will only get an M Sport, the SE doesn't interest me at all.
I've driven a mates e46 330d with remap, FMIC and a few other mods and was impressed. I know and expect it to be slower than the RS4, but that goes without saying....
My last 5 cars have been Audi, so looking forward to a change and having some cash in my pocket! As nice as the RS is, they cost a fortune to run.

Edit: forgot to say, I'd love a 335d but yes, don't want an auto
Appreciate 0