E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Downpipe Question

01-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Schnell335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i Coupe

Downpipe Question

Im going to install downpipes on my car but i do not have the BMS DP fix nor do i have a JB4 (Had a JB3 but removed to send for an upgrade to the 4 and never got to it). My question is that i know it will throw a code due to the O2 sensors. But will it effect the performance in anyway? Like LIMP mode or anything like that?

Please Educate me. Not looking to hear horror stories about exploding midpipes or Tree's dieing cause im polluting the environment.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, tried the search and couldn't find the info i was looking for.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
gzim335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2007/1 e90 335i  [2.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell335i
Im going to install downpipes on my car but i do not have the BMS DP fix nor do i have a JB4 (Had a JB3 but removed to send for an upgrade to the 4 and never got to it). My question is that i know it will throw a code due to the O2 sensors. But will it effect the performance in anyway? Like LIMP mode or anything like that?

Please Educate me. Not looking to hear horror stories about exploding midpipes or Tree's dieing cause im polluting the environment.

Apologies if this has been discussed already, tried the search and couldn't find the info i was looking for.
it wont affect performance if you dont run dp fix but you wont feel any noticeable performance gain without a tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Schnell335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzim335 View Post
it wont affect performance if you dont run dp fix but you wont feel any noticeable performance gain without a tune.
Thank you for your response, I had seen on one other site that someone claimed they had to pull over every time to clear the light cause it put them in Limp mode. Been there done that, not interested in dealing with that again. I plan on getting the DP fix and the JB4 but just haven't had time or the proper funds at the right time. Just as long as its drivable till Monday-Tuesday so i can call Camber-Toe and see if they have a DP fix in stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
RoadWarrior
Rep
Drives: my nikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell335i View Post
Thank you for your response, I had seen on one other site that someone claimed they had to pull over every time to clear the light cause it put them in Limp mode. Been there done that, not interested in dealing with that again. I plan on getting the DP fix and the JB4 but just haven't had time or the proper funds at the right time. Just as long as its drivable till Monday-Tuesday so i can call Camber-Toe and see if they have a DP fix in stock.
wont effect anything, just gonna cause the service engine soon light. but once you have a jb4 the code will auto clear running maps.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #5
gzim335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2007/1 e90 335i  [2.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell335i View Post
wont effect anything, just gonna cause the service engine soon light. but once you have a jb4 the code will auto clear running maps.
it will clear the cl dp code and every other code it might throw which isnt very practical,you will fail inspection without dp fix too so its a must imo.
Appreciate 0