E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help: after Audio Upgrade: No Sound

08-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
Grifter
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Help: after Audio Upgrade: No Sound

I recently did an audio upgrade on my E90 335 with the base(stereo) system. Really want to thank many forum members; couldn't have done the upgrade without you guys. So, in a nutshell, this is what I did: Replaced the fronts and underseats, and added a sub. Added amp and DSP. The signal was tapped via the underseats to a Mosconi 6to8v8. Pigtails were used to convert the speaker wire to RCA, as the 6to8 doesn't have speaker level inputs. The 6to8 is capable of high level inputs from the RCA's. Auto sense is used. Pretty smooth install.

Everything was working great, but then the system started turning on maybe 30sec to 5min after the car was started. Now, it doesn't turn on at all most of the time. If I turn the radio off before I turn the car off, then when I restart the car, and turn the radio on, there is sound most of the time, although with the 30sec to 5min delay. I still have the factory rear speakers, and sound comes from them as normal when the car first starts. The 6to8 has a switch for BTL or SE for the autosense. When it was set to SE, as some suggested, it seemed like the DSP and amps never turned off, even an hour after the car was off, and the key fob was not in range. I switched it to BTL, and it's been giving me the problems.

Not sure if it's an issue with the DSP, or the signal from the HU, or what?? I didn't recode to HiFi. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Last edited by Grifter; 08-12-2014 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Best thing to do is connect external remote wire. Back of HU pin 13. Or if you have satellite radio, you could tap the power wire for the sat fan in the trunk.
      08-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Grifter
Registered
Rep

You think it's something to do with the remote turn on? I'll try that. Was hoping to avoid having to rewire and pull the HU out. Thing that stopped me from doing this in the first place, aside from the PITA it would be, is that the system was working fine before... thought it might be something with the DSP, and a protection circuit or something.

So, from the remote out of the HU, do you know if I can trigger both the DSP and the amp without a relay??
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter
You think it's something to do with the remote turn on? I'll try that. Was hoping to avoid having to rewire and pull the HU out. Thing that stopped me from doing this in the first place, aside from the PITA it would be, is that the system was working fine before... thought it might be something with the DSP, and a protection circuit or something.

So, from the remote out of the HU, do you know if I can trigger both the DSP and the amp without a relay??
You run the remote to the DSP only. Then use remote out from DSP to turn on amp.
      08-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
Grifter
Registered
Rep

Sadly the DSP does not have a remote out. Only one port. When using auto sense, it becomes the remote out.
Appreciate 0