E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > World's 1st Single Turbo AWD N54: Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo Content

Closed Thread

02-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #45
nestle914
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Funny last year rob said Shiv had no intentions of doing A xi when I called...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #46
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
And finally, have you noticed that I have never made any comments of your Stg1, Stg2 turbo issues/delays/problems? This is because it's not my place to do so as it does't pertain to our products, our business or our customers. I encourage you to do the same.
Honestly the best advice.

No need for any more back and forth. It will accomplish nothing. Just drop it, the best for both of you.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #47
Dave W.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92tt1986 View Post
Shiv

Please tell me you have seen this thread with 45K views:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444973

I think this would be very beneficial especially now with the single turbo, to implement this in the procede instead of us having to pull out the fuse!!!!
With the power the ST is putting out, he needs AWD more than ever.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #48
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
Don't worry Tony I will give you ride in my car when my Trans is back in the coming weeks. That's the only thing holding my car and ST kit from posting all over this forum.
Prem! Hurry and get your beast back up and running! I want a ride along too, please!

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #49
richpike
Captain
Rep
Drives: MDX, LR4

Even living in Colorado, this is the first time I've ever regretted getting RWD. Looks awesome!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #50
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Shiv what makes the XI version of the procedeflash different than the non-xi version?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #51
TheOneDoubleN
Rep
Drives: 08 535xiT

Are you running the stock intake with all this power? Any reason you didn't put an aftermarket one on there?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #52
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
So now you are stating that there are tuning issues because customers have not take the time to run their car at the dragstrip or to run up to 130mph on a backroad with a vbox?

Perhaps you should have said that first so that our single turbo customers can provide input as to why they aren't buying axles, slicks, short final drives just to satisfy someone else's curiously. Instead, perhaps they are perfectly happy driving their investments as they see fit and don't have anything to prove to you, me or anyone else? If you want a ride in a customer ST car (6at or 6mt) contact me and we can easily make that happen give you locality.

Let's not forget that Creaminz did awfully well in this Euro Tuner mag competition (road course and holding the dyno record). FBIS has posted worthwhile videos and dyno results himself. CaptainInsano has probably put more track (roadracing) miles on his ST car than 99% of users on this forum with their stock turbo car. And he does quite well. If there were tuning issues, they would have been reported by customers instead of assumed by an uninvolved vendor. I've posted plenty of results myself and my 92k miles car isn't exactly a ringer. It just has been outfitted accordingly to run world record breaking 1/4 and 60-130 times. I did that for business reasons. If this wasn't our job, we wouldn't have done any of this. I'd be perfectly happy driving my car has it should be driven:

And maybe sometimes some customer cars:

Here is creaminz on the dyno at EAD (independent testing). Later, during the competition, he ended up making nearly 600whp on his 6AT ST car.

If you look through the forum, you'll find plenty of video posted by others. If you want to complain that not every single turbo customer has posted independent dyno results and drag strip times, you can bring that point to our customers and let them respond to you.

BUT if you want to claim that customers aren't performing to your expectations because of some tuning issue that you suspect, you are arguing something very different. And you are, will all due respect, uninformed. And finally, have you noticed that I have never made any comments of your Stg1, Stg2 turbo issues/delays/problems? This is because it's not my place to do so as it does't pertain to our products, our business or our customers. I encourage you to do the same.

And I'm 100% serious with my invitation for you to by the shop to ride in a customer ST car. If you can determine any unresolved tuning issues with your test ride, you have full carte blanche to post it publicly. Sound fair? Just as long as you let me videotape it

Regards
Shiv

PS:

Wow Shiv, I am not sure why you want to bicker when that is not my point. I said 3-4 times in that post. It is an honest QUESTION. The first line of your post is, so you are STATING. No I am not stating anything. Again I will say it as you seem to skip over it. It is a question, IF there are tuning issues, just wanted an explanation of what they are if any. I do not need a ride in a car to answer my question. But thank you for the offer. I personally find it hard to believe that someone would spend 10K on your kit, my kit, any kit and not want to at least put it on a dyno and verify what it is making, but you are 100% correct this is not your job it is the customers. This obviously is a conversation that is pointless, as going back and forth accomplishes nothing. Good luck with the xi kit. Hopefully some customers will get their cars on the dyno and to the track so we will see the ST cars performing to their full capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #53
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
that crv had no chance!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #54
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

FormerBoosted did an independent dyno right after he got his car back and it made exactly what it was supposed to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Wow Shiv, I am not sure why you want to bicker when that is not my point. I said 3-4 times in that post. It is an honest QUESTION. The first line of your post is, so you are STATING. No I am not stating anything. Again I will say it as you seem to skip over it. It is a question, IF there are tuning issues, just wanted an explanation of what they are if any. I do not need a ride in a car to answer my question. But thank you for the offer. I personally find it hard to believe that someone would spend 10K on your kit, my kit, any kit and not want to at least put it on a dyno and verify what it is making, but you are 100% correct this is not your job it is the customers. This obviously is a conversation that is pointless, as going back and forth accomplishes nothing. Good luck with the xi kit. Hopefully some customers will get their cars on the dyno and to the track so we will see the ST cars performing to their full capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #55
drm916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
FormerBoosted did an independent dyno right after he got his car back and it made exactly what it was supposed to make.

thats a good looking dyno.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #56
idspeedskater
Idaho Transplant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN
Are you running the stock intake with all this power? Any reason you didn't put an aftermarket one on there?
It went from stock with just procede rev 2.5 to this as I left it alone until warranty was done. There are still a couple minor tweaks (aforementioned suspension) to be done to take full advantage, but I will track the data as those are added
07 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth - 2014 e63s wagon | W3 Weistec tune/turbo upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #57
e92tt1986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

I have the same issue that Tony has.

There are many kits out why are there only vids from around 3 customers?
You pay 10K for a kit and keep it to your self? No slips/vids of any sort? Whats the point of the kit then if you don't run it hard?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #58
trbolexis
Private
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

The customers who buy the kits seem to do so for their own enjoyment. I am really confused as to why some people in this community feel there is a 'due' to be paid in videos, time slips, or box data; because there is not.

Tony, from first hand experience, there are zero tuning issues on the ST as they stand currently, as well as the previous kits installed.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #59
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:

i posted a link to FBIS full thread review on the other forum a few weeks ago when folks were complaining there were no independent dynos...and got neg repped.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #60
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:

That looks great! What smoothing factor was used?

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #61
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transport3r View Post
That looks great! What smoothing factor was used?
Don't know off hand although probably 5 (it's clear it's smooth to begin with though), but you can read his full post here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711171
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #62
drfrink24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

~100 whp difference between AWD and RWD, that's alot of energy (heat?) being consumed in the drivetrain. Hopefully the transfer case is up to the task.

Unless this is a bigger turbo on the FBIS setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #63
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Shiv what makes the XI version of the procedeflash different than the non-xi version?
Hi jp-- Running the standard Procedeflash on the xi caused a torque limiter fault to be triggered at 7000rpm. So it was massaged to eliminate that. A few other refinements as well but nothing note worthy.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #64
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN View Post
All the VFF Single Turbo kits come with an aftermarket filter that is mounted to the inlet of the turbo. You can't see it from up top but it's there.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #65
TheOneDoubleN
Rep
Drives: 08 535xiT

Quote:
All the VFF Single Turbo kits come with an aftermarket filter that is mounted to the inlet of the turbo. You can't see it from up top but it's there.
Mounted to the inlet of the turbo?? That's wild! But I can't imagine the filter is drawing air from right by the turbo, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #66
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

Ok, I want. My turbos are only 8k miles old so I'll prob give them a little time before diving into an upgrade, but this is SO exciting.... It will be interesting to see how the transfer case holds up...

18" BBS RGRs, KW v1, ESS Stage 2 flash, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF downpipes, JG Mods m-tech front, mtec V3 AEs, BMS OCC, hardwired valentine 1, p3cars gauge, amber delete, sport seats, factory oil cooler.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread