E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone bought from Hillmoren?

12-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 330d M-Sport

Anyone bought from Hillmoren?

As above, its in Leicester. Would love a bit of feedback.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Boz335i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

If you're going to Leicester, book an appointment to see Jonathan Grice at Sytner. I was really pleased with the service he provided, and he was down to earth without all of the BS.

Give him your exact requirements and he'll search for you. He came up with my car before it hit the AUC website.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #3
Snakes
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F33 MSport 435d xDrive

Up until I retired in May, I worked for three major retail motor groups; Reg Vardy, Pendragon (incl Stratstone) and Vertu Motors (which own Bristol Street Motors) so I know all the wrinkles.

But, now being without a company car (my last was a beautiful white E92 coupe with coral red leather on 19's) and with my TVR not being an ideal prospect for snow-driving, I set out to find a coupe of my own.

After months of searching for the right car, Hillmoren appeared to have what I was looking for. I ended up striking a good deal and bought a 58 plate E92 from them earlier this month and frankly, I could not fault them.

I was very wary about buying from a small independant. However, I was very impressed. Everything was as described, the cars were very well prepared and the small things I asked for, were done without quibble to a very high standard.

Rish' (one of the two brothers who own the business) was a delight to do with business with and obviously has a very good relationship with Sytners which I witnessed as the auto box stuck in D2 during the test drive! We diverted there and because of Rish's relationship with their service manager we were dealt with immediatley and the fault diagnosed and a rectification booking made.

When I went to collect the car (a 2.5 hour drive from home!) the car was outside, gleaming and freshly polished.

As Rish' will testify, I am a picky bastard and like everything just right and if it isn't I kick off and walk away. However, when I get great service I am quick to praise.

I have lots more good stuff to tell but I think you get the gist!

PM me for more details or whatever and good luck!

Last edited by Snakes; 12-24-2011 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes View Post
Up until I retired in May, I worked for three major retail motor groups; Reg Vardy, Pendragon (incl Stratstone) and Vertu Motors (which own Bristol Street Motors) so I know all the wrinkles.

But, now being without a company car (my last was a beautiful white E92 coupe with coral red leather on 19's) and with my TVR not being an ideal prospect for snow-driving, I set out to find a coupe of my own.

After months of searching for the right car, Hillmoren appeared to have what I was looking for. I ended up striking a good deal and bought a 58 plate E92 from them earlier this month and frankly, I could not fault them.

I was very wary about buying from a small independant. However, I was very impressed. Everything was as described, the cars were very well prepared and the small things I asked for, were done without quibble to a very high standard.

Rish' (one of the two brothers who own the business) was a delight to do with business with and obviously has a very good relationship with Sytners which I witnessed as the auto box stuck in D2 during the test drive! We diverted there and because of Rish's relationship with their service manager we were dealt with immediatley and the fault diagnosed and a rectification booking made.

When I went to collect the car (a 2.5 hour drive from home!) the car was outside, gleaming and freshly polished.

As Rish' will testify, I am a picky bastard and like everything just right and if it isn't I kick off and walk away. However, when I get great service I am quick to praise.

Well that sounds positive I have to admit. I gave them a call today to try to strike a deal, but the guy on the end of the phone was a very fast talker and tied me up in knots. It all felt very pressured and i got a bad vibe from it. This could however be my over cautious nature kicking in here.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
EssexIan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d MSport

My 335D touring came from Hillmoren early this year, they seem like honest people and the car has been fine apart from a couple of what appear to be 335D typical problems. During the buying experience there were a few bits I wanted sorted which they did without quibble and exactly as they said they would. 9 months down the line I am still happy with the car.

As with dealing with any car dealer just have your eyes open and you will be fine them.

If you have any specific questions PM me and I'll try and answer them.

Good Lck
Ian
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexIan View Post
My 335D touring came from Hillmoren early this year, they seem like honest people and the car has been fine apart from a couple of what appear to be 335D typical problems. During the buying experience there were a few bits I wanted sorted which they did without quibble and exactly as they said they would. 9 months down the line I am still happy with the car.

As with dealing with any car dealer just have your eyes open and you will be fine them.

If you have any specific questions PM me and I'll try and answer them.

Good Lck
Ian
Ok thanks Ian I will bare that in mind, I won't be able to get over there til after xmas anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #7
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Judging by the 2 posts above I may have been hasty to judge them.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
Snakes
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F33 MSport 435d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPANDY View Post
Well that sounds positive I have to admit. I gave them a call today to try to strike a deal, but the guy on the end of the phone was a very fast talker and tied me up in knots. It all felt very pressured and i got a bad vibe from it. This could however be my over cautious nature kicking in here.
When I bought, Rish' told me that their main salesman was on holiday so perhaps that's who you spoke to.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When I bought, Rish' told me that their main salesman was on holiday so perhaps that's who you spoke to.
You could be right because the guy I spoke to said "I will have to put it to the big man" and get back to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #10
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

I bought my E90 330 from them last year and think they are pretty good.

When I went to collect the car, all of the things that they were supposed to do were done which was good.

There was a small issue with the electric window switch after a couple of months of ownership, which was covered under warranty, (though I had to pay £50 or so excess).
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #11
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Interesting, nothing negative so far. I might well go back to them. The bonus is they aren't that far from me over here in Nottingham
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
A few years ago a friend of mine bought an E46 330d from them and they were good to their word with preparation and sorting one or two bits out. Seem ok on balance and probably a cut above some other indys.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Went over today to look at a 330d they have in. Car was well specced and seemed in good condition on first look however it was covered in dried on rain water so hard to gauge exactly just how good. Rish did however say to me he would get it sparkling by friday if I wanted to go back over. So all seems good, apart from one thing, he wants my car and 9 grand to do a deal and my missus said no way! I am inclined to agree with her though, looking back over at my car standing next to the 330d it didn't seem to warrant the extra 9 grand.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
p0jy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d M Sport

What does that work to for your alpina?, you might want to try shift if for slightly above what he is offering. If I had the cash and had sold my car I would love your Alpina !,
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0jy View Post
What does that work to for your alpina?, you might want to try shift if for slightly above what he is offering. If I had the cash and had sold my car I would love your Alpina !,
I would love to sell our car private, haven't even tried yet tbh. Hillmoren are offering me 14k for my Alpina but they won't move an inch on the price of their 330d
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
p0jy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPANDY View Post
I would love to sell our car private, haven't even tried yet tbh. Hillmoren are offering me 14k for my Alpina but they won't move an inch on the price of their 330d

Oh I see, not bad for the D3 but they are stinging you on the 330d !. That's dealers for you unfortunately. Good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #17
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:

Well done fella , this is the sort of thing i like to read
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Took the plunge on Sunday and went back over to have a proper look at the 330d they have. Last time it was covered in dryed on rain water and I couldn't properly make a decision as to whether it was ok or not. The car was clean on sunday and looked worlds better than on the 1st visit. There were a few concerns however but my mind was put at rest by the sales manager Wayne who was great to do business with and promised me he would take care of all the little niggles I was concerned about. This coupled with all of the positive comments in this thread made me feel good about doing a deal with Hillmoren. So I will be picking up my 330d m sport this weekend and I can't wait. I just hope that Wayne comes through for me and keeps to his word. I will update this thread when I pick up the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
EssexIan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d MSport

Wayne was the guy I dealt with, as I said before they sorted everything we agreed on and did a few things I hadn't noticed. They even supplied a new set of fitted overmats FOC!

Congratulations on the purchase.

Ian
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #20
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexIan View Post
Wayne was the guy I dealt with, as I said before they sorted everything we agreed on and did a few things I hadn't noticed. They even supplied a new set of fitted overmats FOC!

Congratulations on the purchase.

Ian
Yes, Wayne has agreed to get everything sorted I have picked up on and has also said that if he picks up anything else he will get that sorted too. Since I ahve come away I started worrying that it all sounds too good to be true, but from what you're saying I have nothing to worry about. Thanks for putting my mind at rest Ian.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
ALPANDY
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Collected my 330d m sport from Hillmoren today and have to say I am delighted. I couldn't fault the service and the car was presented to me immaculately and believe me I am VERY fussy. I will post some pics when I have taken them.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #22
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0