E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 40W $77 ebay AE's..pictures inside

04-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #45
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
The examples are in no way blown out of proportion. It's the same concept as PVC. Would you avoid a product that uses PVC?

Asbestos is only a problem if fine fibers are aerosolized (this requires damaging/disturbing the asbestos) and inhaled. Even then, it's a matter of large amounts and prolonged exposure.

This is 100% fear mongering, plain and simple. Asbestos is still used to this day in all sorts of applications. Here's a partial list from EPA.gov showing all sorts of current approved uses for asbestos:
  • Cement corrugated sheet
  • Cement flat sheet
  • Clothing
  • Pipeline wrap
  • Roofing felt
  • Vinyl floor tile
  • Cement shingle
  • Millboard
  • Cement pipe
  • Automatic transmission components
  • Clutch facings
  • Friction materials
  • Disk brake pads
  • Drum brake linings
  • Brake blocks
  • Gaskets
  • Non-roofing coatings
  • Roof coatings

Guess you better get rid of all your automatic transmissions and all your classic cars with drum brakes!
Ok well my point is I rather avoid it then just use it because I am a cheap fuck.
      04-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #46
335iAP
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 & F26

It'd be nice if there were a Tips/Deals section, or something like that, that we could use without the vendors derailing it. Obviously I appreciate the vendors and their support of the site, but a lot of it seems to be more defending their turf than anything else.
Appreciate 0