E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > My 2009 328i...MODS? long read

10-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
jortega
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

My 2009 328i...MODS? long read

Hello all, I am normally a lurker, but i finally got stationed (Army medic) somewhere where i get some time from time to time and considered doing some mods to my vehicle. I know I am going to crap from the 335 owners about power and this and that I should just buy a 335...Well I couldn't afford it due to have a F150 '10, and a '09 5 series (wife's) and two beautiful babies. anyways been considering some mods lately. Did my Stock wheels black just to see what it looks like. Came out nice..next new rims will be black for sure. I've reading a lot about intakes and how they decrease performance and increase or how its stupid to get one. I still want one haha ...not sure if i should do a drop in filter or what is a good 328i intake? that is my next mod. my final would be an exhaust..any help on exhaust all hte ones i saw are super expensive..any decent priced ones out there? thanks for any help. i know it a long read.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
ja.
Ja
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

man u have a 5 series, f150 and a 3 series for dd. whoever gives you crap is stupid. lol. anyway, try going for a euro intake. ive read alot about it before actually buying one and seems like its the best intake (for me atleast) and i got a member here to install it for me which was great! goodluck!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
The Ghost
Reborn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Honestly, just keep it stock. Nothing wrong with having a nice, clean, peppy car that isn't obnoxious.

My other car is similar to yours; good handling, practical, room, good looks, but not fast. I just did visual mods (HID, stereo, drop, wheels) and couldn't be happier. The power mods, as with your car, would be pointless and be embarrassing to drive with (loud but very slow).

I suggest some nice 19" wheels, drop, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
kpjo4
Jo Who? JOYU!
Rep
Drives: 2010 335ic Crimson

what base are you located at?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
jortega
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjo4 View Post
what base are you located at?
I am at ft Huachuca, in sierra vista AZ.

Quote:
Honestly, just keep it stock. Nothing wrong with having a nice, clean, peppy car that isn't obnoxious.

My other car is similar to yours; good handling, practical, room, good looks, but not fast. I just did visual mods (HID, stereo, drop, wheels) and couldn't be happier. The power mods, as with your car, would be pointless and be embarrassing to drive with (loud but very slow).

I suggest some nice 19" wheels, drop, etc.
I would drop it but it is low as it its and the roads here are horrible. I have to drive really slow at times.. I already scrape the bumper I am not looking for it to be super loud or anything maybe a bit throatier but nothing obnoxious. I AM looking for better lights and how to level/balance them they aim pretty high haha

Quote:
man u have a 5 series, f150 and a 3 series for dd. whoever gives you crap is stupid. lol. anyway, try going for a euro intake. ive read alot about it before actually buying one and seems like its the best intake (for me atleast) and i got a member here to install it for me which was great! goodluck!
thanks man I will ldo some research for that intake
Appreciate 0