E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > H&R/Bilstein vs KW

10-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
ozig76
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

H&R/Bilstein vs KW

currently have H&R spring on stock shocks (335xi coupe) and the ride is horrible.
cant decide which ones to go with. now that i've already spent $500 (spring plus installation) i cant spent too much more. anyway im really considering comfort and i need help from an expert who may know the best way for me to go with. by purchasing Bilstein will save me money but is it worth it compare to KW?
please help and thanks!!!

Last edited by ozig76; 10-19-2011 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

So you just bought springs and not shocks to pair with them? That's like buying shoes with no socks and complaining they hurt. Look into some Koni Yellows with your HR's, your ride will feel just as good (if not better) than stock.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozig76 View Post
currently have H&R spring on stock shocks (335xi coupe) and the ride is horrible.
cant decide which ones to go with. now that i've already spent $500 (spring plus installation) i cant spent too much more. anyway im really considering comfort and i need help from an expert who may know the best way for me to go with. by purchasing Bilstein will save me money but is it worth it compare to KW?
please help and thanks!!!
The stock struts and shocks simply can't handle the extra spring rate.

Koni just came out with the xi struts. Rear shocks are the same. You may want to consider those if you are concerned about ride quality. Lead time on those are about 4 weeks since they must come from Holland.

Right around xmas time there will also be a Koni SA coilover system for the xi if we can find a local xi for the R&D.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #4
11N65
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 S65

Koni SA coilver system

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
The stock struts and shocks simply can't handle the extra spring rate.

Koni just came out with the xi struts. Rear shocks are the same. You may want to consider those if you are concerned about ride quality. Lead time on those are about 4 weeks since they must come from Holland.

Right around xmas time there will also be a Koni SA coilover system for the xi if we can find a local xi for the R&D.
I have Bmw 2007 328 xi coupe. I need coilover set up.
Appreciate 0