E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Stay away from Ranz Motorsports.

06-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #45
Biturbo3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335is / 1M

Damn that sucks.. sorry to hear that you had to go through this OP. Hope you get everything taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #46
miggs_e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine
wtf. theres that many youngsters on this forum?? born in 94?!?!?! holy shit.
'93 here lol and op hope everything is all and well now.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #47
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Lied to me and told me they purchased OEM M3 rear bumper to use for it's fender flares, like I had asked for, but actually used a bunch of bondo and charged me $760 for parts and labor they never did. Jay even went so far as to tell me they plastic welded everything. Straight up lie.

Gave my car back with parking sensors installed incorrectly, window trim wasn't sealed properly, floor mats had mud underneath them...

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #48
Wduck
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan, auto black

Issues like this are why I find it very hard to trust anyone else to work on my car. I do take my car to get detailed by an excellent businessman/owner here in Knoxville, TN. He does all of the work himself and does an excellent job, loves what he does and isn't afraid to let you watch him do it. Everything else I'll learn to do myself. I'll purchase self teaching books, manuals, watch videos on line and even work as an unpaid intern to learn as much as possible. I've had too many bad experiences by dealerships to ever trust them again. I took a 2002 Audi A6 2.7tt to the Volks/Audi dealership and told them to go through the car and let me know what they find that needs to be repaired to make it as safe as possible as I had purchased it for my son for his 18th bday 6 years ago. I specifically told them what ever it needed that I wanted to try to keep it under $7500. I made sure that they wrote it down and that I wanted them to replace both outboard cv joints on the front, as it was a Quattro, to replace inner and outer wheel bearings on the rear wheels because the right back was roaring and to replace the auxiliary water pump for the turbos. They quoted me $7392.00 for everything including a few interior pieces that had scratches on them. When I picked the car up everything was listed as being replaced and tuned up with quite a few other pieces replaced as well.
When I drove the car off of the lot I noticed the roar in the back was still there. I immediately took it back and was told that they had replaced the bearings but my tires were worn and they was causing the noise. I new better but to prove my point, I drove straight down the street and had the tires replaced and had an alignment done. Took the car back to the dealership and showed them so they agreed to look at it. They said that they had to replace the right rear outer bearing "again" as the one they had installed was bad. I had asked for the old parts before but was told that they had already gotten rid of everything. While the car was on the lift I looked at the front cv joints and noticed that they had not been changed either. I was told that in fact they were but that new joints don't come with new boots and they had to reuse my old ones. When the car was let down They parked it outside and while they were working up a fresh bill I removed the engine cowling and there was the same old auxiliary water pump. Pink florets still on it. I pointed that out and they told me that they apparently replaced the wrong water pump. They did nothing that they thought wouldn't have been seen from the outside. NOTHING! Two weeks later my left cv joint ripped out. Never again!!! If I can't do it then I'll trade cars and try again. Luckily I am a industrial mechanic so I have the tools or connections for the tools to do any kind of work. I'm still fighting that bill in court. I've paid more in legal fees than the job costed but at this point it's about principle. That's one problem of many I've had with trusting someone else to do the job. I know there are some very good garages out there but it's a toss up sometimes to actually get a mechanic that loves what he does. Therein lies the problem with business ownership. You have to trust the people you hire. If they don't love what they do then it will cost the owners reputation, not theirs. Good luck with your situation. I feel for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #49
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Wow, the lies keep piling up.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #50
Wduck
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan, auto black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensta335 View Post
Wow, the lies keep piling up.
I don't know whether to believe you or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #51
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I've cut my losses. IMO my reviews are going to raise awareness and hopefully Ranz steps up their service for future customers. Car's been given the once over by EAS and LTBMW; the moding continues lol. She's in good hands .

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 05:44 AM   #52
HTran
Pi Epsilon Pi
Rep
Drives: 335

Isn't stean
having his car worked on there?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #53
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTran View Post
Isn't stean
having his car worked on there?
Yes

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #54
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
Wow, those Facebook posts are extremely shady. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and terrible experience with ranz, OP. Thanks for providing the rest of us with a heads up.

On another note, PJ I'm in the 18 boat as well LOL. If you're older it's only by a couple months hah

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #55
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Wow..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #56
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 ///M3
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

That sucks, if you need a paint shop I know of one in Van Nuys, and they do AMAZING WORK, and if you have any speculation or feel anything is done incorrectly they will fix it no questions, last time they painted my entire A3, I came back the car looked WONDERFUL, he immediately pointed out that a stray hair like piece of dust got under the clear(i didnt notice it), he told me that he will need an extra 2 days if I dont mind to respray the hood, or to come back at my convenience at a later date to have it done. I left the car there and he got it all fixed up. I have never had so many compliments on a paint job (silver).
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #57
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
That sucks, if you need a paint shop I know of one in Van Nuys, and they do AMAZING WORK, and if you have any speculation or feel anything is done incorrectly they will fix it no questions, last time they painted my entire A3, I came back the car looked WONDERFUL, he immediately pointed out that a stray hair like piece of dust got under the clear(i didnt notice it), he told me that he will need an extra 2 days if I dont mind to respray the hood, or to come back at my convenience at a later date to have it done. I left the car there and he got it all fixed up. I have never had so many compliments on a paint job (silver).
Thank you sir, I'll keep that in mind

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #58
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep

I got my baby back... and OMGeee ***Drool*** so AMAZING... ill shot some pics on my break... and show u
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #59
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neema View Post
Thank you sir, I'll keep that in mind
sorry for the shitty phone pics

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #60
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

2 other people, including Rolando, the event organizer for Motion Auto Show, have posted similar horrible reviews on Yelp since I posted mine just a few months ago.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/ranz-motorsports-south-el-monte

Last edited by Neema; 08-29-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #61
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep

>.< Ugh I hate to see people having bad experiences with shops.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #62
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neema View Post
2 other people, including Rolando, the event organizer for Motion Auto Show, have posted similar horrible reviews on Yelp since I posted mine just a few months ago.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/ranz-motorsports-south-el-monte
Wow... with someone that big in the industry, you'd expect quality work. Damn that sucks...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #63
Slowly108
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM E92

did you notice all the negative reviews got filtered out? 5/5 stars now lol
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #64
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveseven108 View Post
did you notice all the negative reviews got filtered out? 5/5 stars now lol
lol wtf? So any business can do that and get their ratings up?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #65
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
Thanks for the advice Neema!!!! I'll reach out to LT for the side skirts.....
      01-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #66
Zesty_Bonanza
United_States
Rep
Drives: e46 M3 VF Stage 2

Did Ranz ever pay back for the other shops having to fix stuff? My car has been there for over 13 months and it seems like they aren't going to fix the flaws in it and won't fix the cracked dashboard or replace damaged and lost parts.
Appreciate 0