E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ARMA Supercharger N52 - Offical Dyno 291BHP 323i!

01-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #287
jokers_greg
Master of Montego Blue
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mystique View Post
Ok. But I doubt I have any thing to update.
Until now, I have yet to hear from them, not even a follow up call.
What more can I update.
I understand, I just meant if the (highly unlikely) scenario occurs where they actually do get back to you, and apologize for what's gone on, and reimburse you.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #288
///Mystique
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mystic E90

Exclamation

Sure. To make fair statements, their engineer did call on me during troubleshooting. But that guy is only the technical guy and not someone who can make any business decision.

And what I am looking here are:

1) a courtesy call from their sales management (who was the chap who sold me the SC and handled my sales enquiry. This chap is also the son of the company owner.)

2) Send over their engineer to look at the problem, show me that the condition of the kit after installing for 2 months plus (ie to show me that there is no metal decay)

3) troubleshoot, resolve all the problems and re-tune with no additional costs whether replacement of parts or labour

If I get any update, I will inform you bros.*

If I don't hear from them, I intend to write a review on our local auto magazines. I just hope no one end up like <Lightning> and myself <///Mystique>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers_greg View Post
I understand, I just meant if the (highly unlikely) scenario occurs where they actually do get back to you, and apologize for what's gone on, and reimburse you.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #289
///Mystique
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mystic E90

Exclamation

Sure. To make fair statements, their engineer did call on me during troubleshooting. But that guy is only the technical guy and not someone who can make any business decision.

And what I am looking here are:

1) a courtesy call from their sales management (who was the chap who sold me the SC and handled my sales enquiry. This chap is also the son of the company owner.)

2) Send over their engineer to look at the problem, show me that the condition of the kit after installing for 2 months plus (ie to show me that there is no metal decay)

3) troubleshoot, resolve all the problems and re-tune with no additional costs whether replacement of parts or labour or travel expenses*

If I get any update, I will inform you bros.*

If I don't hear from them, I intend to write a review on our local auto magazines. I just hope no one end up like <Lightning> and myself <///Mystique>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers_greg View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #290
onephattai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

It's time to bug ESS for a SC kit again! lets call them up folks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #291
fieldtech007
BMW Enthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster 3.2L (e85)

Update from ARMA

As i said i would get back with info
Here is the info direct from ARMA

Dear ______

Sorry for my late reply. We just came back from our holidays of Chinese New Year.

Our technician who developed the supercharger has been in this car-tuning field for more than 20 years.
He went to Singapore to make an on-the-spot investigation, according to his judgement, it's indeed an incident that FOD caused the supercharger burst.

The customer did change the new air intake, our point is not the new changed part, we think everyone should focus on the action of "Disassembling".
He did not inform us and then replace the parts by himself. (If he can tell us in advance, maybe we can remind him to notice everything he should be careful.) So it's really difficult for us to compensate for all loss.

We deeply understand QUALITY means everything for business nowadays. So if the turbine has bad quality(mechanical fatigue) , we dare not to sell this product on the market.

From the beginning we have sincerity to compensate him a new turbine, but he said he didn't want it anymore, then asked for large refund including whole repair cost...

ARMA
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #292
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

sorry. the facts of this case are still not clear. A clear timeline of events is needed. If the intake was changed and the failure happened days, weeks or months later then I can't buy that filter change story.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #293
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldtech007 View Post

Dear ______

Sorry for my late reply. We just came back from our holidays of Chinese New Year.

Our technician who developed the supercharger has been in this car-tuning field for more than 20 years.
He went to Singapore to make an on-the-spot investigation, according to his judgement, it's indeed an incident that FOD caused the supercharger burst.

The customer did change the new air intake, our point is not the new changed part, we think everyone should focus on the action of "Disassembling".
He did not inform us and then replace the parts by himself. (If he can tell us in advance, maybe we can remind him to notice everything he should be careful.) So it's really difficult for us to compensate for all loss.

We deeply understand QUALITY means everything for business nowadays. So if the turbine has bad quality(mechanical fatigue) , we dare not to sell this product on the market.

From the beginning we have sincerity to compensate him a new turbine, but he said he didn't want it anymore, then asked for large refund including whole repair cost...

ARMA
Lmao! These guys are unbelievable!
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #294
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Update:

Word on the streets is that The Three Stooges have decided to give up their life long careers in acting to create superchargers for the members of e90post.

Their company name ---> ARMA
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #295
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
sorry. the facts of this case are still not clear. A clear timeline of events is needed. If the intake was changed and the failure happened days, weeks or months later then I can't buy that filter change story.
Yep; looks like there's a third version of that story; the truth. And it wasnt been told yet.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #296
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:

Dear ______

ARMA
I have one question: Where was he working in the car tuning field for the last 20 years? I'm assuming NOT in China.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #297
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Being an expert in tuning cars does not make you an expert in metallurgy. I've spoken with people who have actual experience and training in analyzing metal fatigue/damage in aircraft accidents. Even they say it's very difficult to say weather it was FOD or defect that caused the failure simply by looking at the photos of the compressor. The impact point ARMA points to is a joke. The compressor suffered a massive failure that sent pieces everywhere. you can't tell what caused which impact marks, debris from the failing compressor or FOD.

ARMA has not conducted a proper investigation. Now if they want to claim a breach of warranty contract, fine. That's a different story. But to come on this forum and say "don't feed the troll," to a customer and to potential customers is pretty ballsy not to mention trying to convince everyone that the failure was caused by FOD with a clearly half-assed investigation. If that's the way they want to conduct business, fine again. It's not mine or any of our place to tell them how it run their business.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #298
fieldtech007
BMW Enthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Roadster 3.2L (e85)

Well i inquired directly with them for the member on this forum and i didn't even sell the part!

I tried to help where i can. You guys want to keep bad mouthing the company that's fine, at least i know at my end even though not responsible for this case... I tried to help. I also know that these products are top notch and the defaming is not appreciated.

I am not going to try anymore. You guys can sort it out yourselves.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #299
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well i inquired directly with them for the member on this forum and i didn't even sell the part!

I tried to help where i can. You guys want to keep bad mouthing the company that's fine, at least i know at my end even though not responsible for this case... I tried to help. I also know that these products are top notch and the defaming is not appreciated.

I am not going to try anymore. You guys can sort it out yourselves.
Top notch product?
Answer me this: Where did they source those 20 year old superchargers from? That design went out a LONG time ago! It's ancient.

I know for a fact that there are reputable supercharger companies working on a solution for us and they will NOT be using these antiquated parts!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #300
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
I know for a fact that there are reputable supercharger companies working on a solution for us and they will NOT be using these antiquated parts!
share the facts my friend.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #301
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
share the facts my friend.
VF Engineering and ESS are working on it. No promises, but I'll contact them again to see if there are any updates.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557966
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #302
t1mmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2008 Sport

Quote:
VF Engineering and ESS are working on it. No promises, but I'll contact them again to see if there are any updates.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557966
I wouldn't call that a fact, just good conversation
      02-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #303
TSM330i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mmy View Post
I wouldn't call that a fact, just good conversation
The fact is they are working on it. I didn't say it was a fact they were going to produce it. R&D takes time and if it's not advantageous for them, then it won't be produced.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #304
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The fact is they are working on it. I didn't say it was a fact they were going to produce it. R&D takes time and if it's not advantageous for them, then it won't be produced.
Thanks for sharing. I sent them an email so I can say I did something about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #305
scedbimmertoy
Rep
Drives: 330

TRA

My Fellow Americans,
I have just approved the sale under the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979 to retrofit 145 of Taiwan’s F-16 A/B fighter jets. BTW, we get to buy 100 units of the post WWII design superchargers from ARMA.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #306
scedbimmertoy
Rep
Drives: 330

TRA

My Fellow Americans,
I have just approved the sale under the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979 to retrofit 145 of Taiwan’s F-16 A/B fighter jets. BTW, we get to buy 100 units of the post WWII design superchargers from ARMA.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #307
F80_M3llow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 135i  [7.00]
:
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #308
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:

Dear ______

ARMA

sorry guys for the really really late reply. I have been working my ass off to pay off the cost of the supercharger and repairs. HAHA. but honestly, been really busy with work.

They did not sincerely compensate me a new turbine at all. If they did i wouldn't have been so fuming mad. They just claimed that it was my fault and pushed all the blame to the stupid painted intake. WTF right? anyway, i will post photos of my air intake in the next post. stay tuned.
Appreciate 0