E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2009 BMW 328i xDrive Wagon

05-29-2023, 10:19 PM   #1
melbournerot
Rep
Drives: E90 (328, 335), E92 M3

2009 BMW 328i xDrive Wagon

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Howdy y'all. Lurker for some time but figured I'd list my E91 here.

LCI xDrive E91: WBAUU33509A540046
Monaco blue metallic, black Dakota leather, aluminum trim.
Premium/cold weather packages, navigation.
167557 miles
Asking for $6000

Purchased this car back in October 2021 at 146193 miles, and has been my daily from then until about a month ago, replaced simply because I now have another E91 (crimson red over beige leather ZSP). I am owner number 4; owner 1 was in Long Island and 2 and 3 were in/around Boston. I myself am in Chicago, so this car has been spent its whole life in colder climates.

This is definitely not an enthusiast spec car: no sport package, no manual. Just the premium and cold weather goodies (electric seats with lumbar/memory, auto dim mirrors, seat/steering wheel heat, headlight washers) and the iDrive/navigation, if you even use that. The roof rails, style 282s and halogen headlights really bring things together. I do think the aluminum trim is pretty neat, though...I don't think I've seen another one in person that has that.

I think every previous owner treated this car as a daily, as I have: bumpers have the usual soft plastic road wear, the wheels have mild curb wear, there are a couple dents on the hood and various pieces of body work. Someone drove into the car while I was on vacation just days ago and left a somewhat prominent scratch on the top of the bumper and driver's side headlight, so that's pretty sweet. On the inside, the driver's footwell carpet is quite worn, the rubber gasket that forms the driver's door seal is not looking so hot these days, and the kick plastics have seen better days. The sunroof sunshade is stained from an unknown source.

Now, all that being said, the car is mechanically quite stout. Oil changes occurred in May 2022, November 2022, and April 2023. The car hasn't needed much else beyond that in my ownership: new valve cover gasket and diff service last May, and then new rear struts, tires and drive/serpentine belts in November, and new wipers last month. The last 21000 miles have been pretty worry free, with multiple road trips to/from Detroit and Philadelphia between driving literally absolutely everywhere in Chicagoland, and the car has started every time. I think you guys already understand how excellent the N52 is.

The interior outside of foot related locations is pretty decent: the seats are intact and looking good these days, and all the common touchpoints are in good order, outside of the window switch area on the driver's door. The dashboard and trim are doing pretty well too, and the headliner isn't hanging anywhere. Nothing is missing except for the cover for the OBD port and a couple of those child seat anchor covers in the back. The only electrical issue I've come across is the auto up function on the left rear window: if it is down and you use the auto up, it rolls up, and then rolls itself back down. This is avoided by rolling it up without the auto function. The rest of the electrics, heated things and HVAC are all trouble free.

I've got four other cars in the stable, so I've decided against doing anything more major to address the imperfections, especially now that one of those other four is another E91 with the specs I prefer. I've been looking on here and elsewhere, and figured this is priced on the low end; worn in spots, high mileage, less desirable as far as options go, but the car runs like a charm, and will take you wherever you wanna go quite happily.

If you want a cheap daily for yourself, or maybe someone else you know who's interested in a more entry level BMW, or maybe even want a swap candidate or something crazy like that, drop me a line. I am too new for DMs on here, so if you are interested, please text me at 2six7-two3one-8two5eight, or email me, vankedisi96@gmail.com. If these are too antiquated, you can also DM me on Instragram, @bmwspotting_chicago. Car was in one accident way back in December 2009; it's listed on the Carfax below with no details other than the car was towed, so not sure what exactly happened there. In any case, I have a clean Wisconsin title in hand.

Pics from today here ->
View post on imgur.com

Older pics and Carfax from January here -> https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...hj?usp=sharing
The stuffed sea mammal that I am just realizing has made it into most of the images of this car is not included in the sale. Thank you!

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 12:59 AM   #2
longrooflife
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91

GLWS, this is a beautiful color and a steal at your asking price.
Appreciate 0