E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Sprint booster 325-06

04-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
mic06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 x5 bmw

Sprint booster 325-06

I installed the sprint booster last week , what a difference the car went from fun to hang on , it did not give me any extra hp but it gave me what she had a lot sooner ! Way cool '.
      04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
WhiteonWheat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i (AW e90 LCI)

So you think it was worth the money? I never understood these devices, when I read what they do - I just keep going back to: "Just push the gas pedal further down", lol - but I guess you are saying it gives the gas "response" much quicker?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
mic06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hi there ! There is a lag on the motor to be able to have a safe response on acceleration .
What the booster did for me was a quicker response and it seems like the rpm held up a bit higher making my driving experience enjoyable , the thing I like the most is when I have to make a lane change the car responds a bit quicker than it did. I think that is safe to say that I did not gained any horse power but I go it what have , now rather than later . I think that I got my money worth out of the deal !!!!
      05-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
gchild
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: honda

Are these plug and play?
I do like the thought of less lag ESP when lane changing on motorways
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteonWheat
So you think it was worth the money? I never understood these devices, when I read what they do - I just keep going back to: "Just push the gas pedal further down", lol - but I guess you are saying it gives the gas "response" much quicker?
What mic06 said is spot on. There is an actual lag built into the system which the SB removes. In addition it makes the throttle more sensitive. If you like that they are worth it. I love them on petrol manual cars.

If they're pointless then the sport button on the e46 m3 is worthless as its basically the same thing, and BMW built that in themselves.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
mic06
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Yes, the booster is plug and play. It takes about 15 mins to complete the install !
      05-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
wbc
Banned
China
Rep
Drives: bmw

why 15 ? we can do it for 3mins
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Sprint Booster is OK - but for the same $$ you could have gone with the BMS Power Box that would do the exact same thing for thottle response + give you a couple xtra HP/TQ due to slight power tuning.

BMS unit does require more install work though as it wires into ECM...

I agree that both units actually force the throttle to perform as it should from the factory. I'm not a big fan of DBW throttle anyway - I'm old school and prefer a mechanical linkage - but you know that Big Brother & his CAFE Standards are what prompted the DBW scenario

I like to have full control over items in my car - not leave it up to a computer. That way, when I mash the throttle, I know the car is gonna jump

Any of the available aftermarket tunes will also fix throttle problem without just 'piggybacking' on to the system. More $$ though - but also more HP/TQ thru their tune.
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #9
wbc
Banned
China
Rep
Drives: bmw

sprintbooster is ok but it's a bit expensive.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
So does the AA tune get rid of throttle lag like the Spring Booster? Or does the Spring Booster do it better because that's what its main purpose is. I'm definitely going to get an AA tune but if I piggyback a SB on that will it help even more or be useless? And is it just an on/off button or what? Really considering this, also where can I get one? There seems to be a lot all over the web but where did you get yours?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
So does the AA tune get rid of throttle lag like the Spring Booster? Or does the Spring Booster do it better because that's what its main purpose is. I'm definitely going to get an AA tune but if I piggyback a SB on that will it help even more or be useless? And is it just an on/off button or what? Really considering this, also where can I get one? There seems to be a lot all over the web but where did you get yours?
I asked this question once before and they told me, SB or PBX + tune = CEL(check engine light) not to mention a waste of money. The AA tune will held get rid of all lags (or I was told so) and any other add ons will be pointless when you have a tune (i.e. pbx or sb). Id get the pbx though, it has a way better resell value and it is fairly cheaper buying used. Not to mention they're easier to sell than a SB because it seems to be better. If anything though, id chose a true tune over a piggy back anyday. The numbers don't lie the AA tune is 700 bucks just for kicks of the name
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #12
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I asked this question once before and they told me, SB or PBX + tune = CEL(check engine light) not to mention a waste of money. The AA tune will held get rid of all lags (or I was told so) and any other add ons will be pointless when you have a tune (i.e. pbx or sb). Id get the pbx though, it has a way better resell value and it is fairly cheaper buying used. Not to mention they're easier to sell than a SB because it seems to be better. If anything though, id chose a true tune over a piggy back anyday. The numbers don't lie the AA tune is 700 bucks just for kicks of the name
I heard the PBX isn't very smooth though but everything else you said was true. Still going with the AA though lol
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #13
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I heard the PBX isn't very smooth though but everything else you said was true. Still going with the AA though lol
Actually it was fairly smooth, but it makes you feel like you have a super torque monster when you're trying to parallel
When you're actually driving though, it is smooth. You definitely feel a snap when you throttle down from a roll in the correct gear.
If you want super smoothness, the tune is the perfect one make sure to get the updated stage 2 if you're going to AA lol
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #14
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
Actually it was fairly smooth, but it makes you feel like you have a super torque monster when you're trying to parallel
When you're actually driving though, it is smooth. You definitely feel a snap when you throttle down from a roll in the correct gear.
If you want super smoothness, the tune is the perfect one make sure to get the updated stage 2 if you're going to AA lol

Yea I don't want to lose my cruise lol and my throttle is jerky from a stop as it is..or it's just my driving style, it gets annoying giving myself whiplash. I'm pretty sure I'm going with an AA tune but isn't it around $450?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #15
BMJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335

be careful with these things, I used a pedal box and I worry about how fast it revs the engine. all that NM though the trany so quickly. I never used the highest settings. ATM i have taken it off.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #16
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yea I don't want to lose my cruise lol and my throttle is jerky from a stop as it is..or it's just my driving style, it gets annoying giving myself whiplash. I'm pretty sure I'm going with an AA tune but isn't it around $450?
Lol yeah definitely get the AA tune
I'm not sure what the price is anymore but it was pretty hefty something like 700
It seems worth it though over anything
Appreciate 0