E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AR Design where did this go?

Closed Thread

12-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
e30rus
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

AR'S upgrade will probably disappear like there single turbo project . the car got Repossessed.....

Hard to tune a car they don't have anymore...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #24
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
They are like children in a sandbox and can't play well with others.
I agree. AR seems very immature when they run into anyone that might have a better product or a similar product at a lower price. We've seen this with the downpipes, the OCC, etc... They resort to namecalling and childish accusations without any data or proof to back up their claims. I have already decided a while ago that my car will not see any AR products because I will not support a company that functions the way they do.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #25
akotten
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
We will be releasing info when it is done
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
LOL. Love the speculation. But.... No. They haven't been installed yet. Our test car put down baseline numbers that led us to believe something is either wrong with the tune or the car, so we are working with the owner right now to get that sorted out, so we can get an accurate baseline and post dyno.
Quote:
Nah Vishnu is developing one so now AR won't because of competition. They are like children in a sandbox and can't play well with others.
Now I'm officially confused haha. The shop says they're in progress and some forum member says it won't happen.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #26
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30rus View Post
AR'S upgrade will probably disappear like there single turbo project . the car got Repossessed.....

Hard to tune a car they don't have anymore...
I doubt it!
Quote:
Nah Vishnu is developing one so now AR won't because of competition. They are like children in a sandbox and can't play well with others.
Are you talking about the single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuo View Post
I agree. AR seems very immature when they run into anyone that might have a better product or a similar product at a lower price. We've seen this with the downpipes, the OCC, etc... They resort to namecalling and childish accusations without any data or proof to back up their claims. I have already decided a while ago that my car will not see any AR products because I will not support a company that functions the way they do.
Wouldn't you be if someone duplicated your design????
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #27
e30rus
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
Now I'm officially confused haha. The shop says they're in progress and some forum member says it won't happen.
AR'S shop car that they were using for there single turbo system got repossessed , that is 100% true and a FACT.

As far as them acting childish and trash talking others when they have a similar product that is also 100% true and FACT. As most of us recently saw in a vendors thread that released downpipes at nearly half the cost of AR'S and appeared to be similar quality. But until we see some decent amount of customer feedback on those DP'S we don't know yet.

Anyway AR jumped in there with a number of childish comments and thrash talking a product they never used ,tested or anything .They had no basis for what they said other then the fear of a product that might have Rivaled there's at almost half the cost and had good quality.....

Last edited by e30rus; 12-06-2011 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #28
akotten
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Quote:
AR'S shop car that they were using for there single turbo system got repossessed , that is 100% true and a FACT.

As far as them acting childish and trash talking others when they have a similar product that is also 100% true and FACT. As most of us recently saw in a vendors thread that released downpipes at nearly half the cost of AR'S and appeared to be similar quality. But until we see some decent amount of customer feedback on those DP'S we don't know yet.

Anyway AR jumped in there with a number of childish comments and thrash talking a product they never used ,tested or anything .They had no basis for what they said other then the fear of a product that might have Rivaled there's at almost half the cost and same quality .....
That could very well be true....obviously with the car being repossessed and all. I was just pointing out that one guy says it will be made and another says the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #29
e30rus
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
That could very well be true....obviously with the car being repossessed and all. I was just pointing out that one guy says it will be made and another says the opposite.
I understand that , and that's usually the case with it.me and everyone else have seen a number of companies say there coming out with a product and it either does or does not lol.

As per AR, idk if they will or will not.But they have a bad track record in that department and i personally know several people that have had issues with AR.

In any event like most things in life ill believe it when i see it LOL..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #30
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: Seats and a Steering Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer This View Post
I doubt it!

Are you talking about the single?

Wouldn't you be if someone duplicated your design????
It's not a duplicate. Bunch of things are different. How many ways can you make a pipe fit to a stock exhaust? You guys act like they invented the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #31
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBimmerN54 View Post
You guys act like they invented the wheel.
Exactly. AR acts like they have a provisional patent on 3" 304 SS Downpipes.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #32
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuo View Post
Exactly. AR acts like they have a provisional patent on 3" 304 SS Downpipes.
I've never seen them complain about MS or AA. It's the fact that these downpipes look almost identical to AR's. It honestly looks like, and I suspect this is how it was done, they made a jig based on AR's downpipes and are using it to weld their own...

Quote:
Really? Have anything to prove that? AR said it was a lease and had to be returned. Not arguing with you. I just want proof, not rumors and claims.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #33
e30rus
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
I've never seen them complain about MS or AA. It's the fact that these downpipes look almost identical to AR's. It honestly looks like, and I suspect this is how it was done, they made a jig based on AR's downpipes and are using it to weld their own...

Really? Have anything to prove that? AR said it was a lease and had to be returned. Not arguing with you. I just want proof, not rumors and claims.
Let me say first im not arguing with you either.

if you wanna go with the proof is in the pudding then that's fine also, but on the same token id ask AR where there proof is that it was a lease return?? I'm sure a few minutes on adobe photo shop with some BS printout could be shown to appease the masses.

if you don't wanna take my word for it then that's also fine , But i happen to know some one personally that told me from first hand knowledge. I know them and believe them . so that's good enough for me .if its not for anybody else then that's alright.

If you think about it for a minute who would start a project like that on a lease that's going to be returned soon. 3 year lease and you start A project like this 33 months into a 36 month lease?? i don't think so .and who in there right mind would rip apart a 50 thousand dollar leased car??with the intention of not keeping the car??? A single turbo kit is no simple task on this car .Especially when there is no other single turbo kits out there for sale from any reputable companies .

AR saying it was a lease return looks better then it was repossessed , besides embarrassing and other things.

Doing that to a leased car makes very little sense to any one with any common sense.The whole lease was returned doesn't hold water with me and whether or not i know the real story id still be skeptical .......

Last edited by e30rus; 12-06-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #34
Brey335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: e46 ///M3

I agree the lease story was fairly implausible... but you're saying that they charge $800 per set of downpipes and can't afford to pay the car note? lol
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #35
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Let me say first im not arguing with you either.

if you don't wanna take my word for it then that's also fine , But i happen to know some one personally that told me from first hand knowledge. I know them and believe them . so that's good enough for me .if its not for anybody else then that's alright.

If you think about it for a minute who would start a project like that on a lease that's going to be returned soon. 3 year lease and you start A project like this 33 months into a 36 month lease?? i don't think so .and who in there right mind would rip apart a 50 thousand dollar leased car??with the intention of not keeping the car??? A single turbo kit is no simple task on this car .Especially when there is no other single turbo kits out there for sale from any reputable companies .

AR saying it was a lease return looks better then it was repossessed , besides embarrassing and other things.

Doing that to a leased car makes very little sense to any one with any common sense.The whole lease was returned doesn't hold water with me and whether or not i know the real story id still be skeptical .......
You're friend is obviously wrong. It's funny how people can speculate something without knowing the truth behind it. Unless your friend was the person or knows the person who was suppose to "repossess" the vehicle, it is easy spread rumors.

Now I'm not trying to argue with you but this is the reason why some vendor do not like to post teasers because once something happens, people automatically assume the worst. Just saying.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #36
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

You guys crack me up. Want me to scan and post up my lease documents from BMW?

The levels of idiocy on this board are getting out of control. As to the rest of the statements made in here, I will not even dignify them with a response.

Cheers fellas
      12-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #37
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

The lease story may have been true although doing such a thing is beyond stupid for obvious reasons. lol

Most wouldn't put downpipes on a leased car; they wanted to build a single turbo kit off that... that's recipe for disaster.
      12-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #38
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
What does it matter if the car was at end of a lease or it was repossessed? A vendor who is determined in creating a new product will find a new car regardless of the odds.

It seems that some people here are too bored out of their minds and they argue about stupid stuff (repossessed or lease return).
      12-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #39
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

wow to the amount of haters...
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #40
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep

For those of you that doubt AR's work, here is a picture of a custom turbo kit built by them. Stock 2.0L engine factory rated at 200hp flywheel. AR built this awesome turbo kit from scratch. Tuned and dyno'ed to 386 whp and 300tq at 12psi on stock block before running out of injectors. Customer will be putting on new injectors and shooting for 500whp.

He no flake. There is a reason as to why he decides when to release somethiung and when to back off. Everyone does not give him enough credit for atleast trying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #41
ar design
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
wow to the amount of haters...
This forum has gotten out of control with the haterade. We're looking into the Porsche market. We've been here supporting the community for four years, and this is the end result. Not worth it
Attached Images

12-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #42
ar design
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I understand that , and that's usually the case with it.me and everyone else have seen a number of companies say there coming out with a product and it either does or does not lol.

As per AR, idk if they will or will not.But they have a bad track record in that department and i personally know several people that have had issues with AR.

In any event like most things in life ill believe it when i see it LOL..
We have a near spotless record. If ANYONE has any outstanding issues with either myself, ar design, or any of our products, please call me at 303-351-3515, or PM me for my cell phone number, and I will personally make sure you are 100% taken care of. We have been here for four years, and have thousands of satisfied customers. I have taken calls from customers on my personal cell phone at 2:00AM just to ensure they are taken care of.