E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Take your pick: BMW of Bellevue, Seattle or NW

03-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc335ix View Post
Currently at BMW Seattle, SA is great! They are replacing one of my tail lights with a faulty LED bar.
Did you see my modded red E90? Had it towed there last night. I think my water pump finally gave up. =(
      03-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #46
JC888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: XM5/335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
Did you see my modded red E90? Had it towed there last night. I think my water pump finally gave up. =(
Nope. It's probably in the shop already. That sucks! How many miles did you have on it?

And I take it back about my great experience. Left the car at 2 this afternoon, the SA said that it was no problem, should be done in a couple of hours. So about 3 hours later, didn't hear from him. Got dropped off, expecting it was gonna be done. He comes out and proceeded to give me bs about my CF hood causing the LED bar to fail. He then wants 280 for the part and labor cause it's not cover under CPO.

Then on top of all of the BS, I had to wait an additional 30 mins so they can put the light back on the car.

I had a feeling that they were gonna give me grief over the CF but it was worth a shot. I'm pissed about the time that the SA wasted this afternoon. He could have simply said it would not be covered or provided me with an update. Instead my afternoon was a waste. BTW. SA's name was Bobby. I don't recommend working with him.

Gonna get a replacement part elsewhere and install it myself.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #47
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
Nope. It's probably in the shop already. That sucks! How many miles did you have on it?

And I take it back about my great experience. Left the car at 2 this afternoon, the SA said that it was no problem, should be done in a couple of hours. So about 3 hours later, didn't hear from him. Got dropped off, expecting it was gonna be done. He comes out and proceeded to give me bs about my CF hood causing the LED bar to fail. He then wants 280 for the part and labor cause it's not cover under CPO.

Then on top of all of the BS, I had to wait an additional 30 mins so they can put the light back on the car.

I had a feeling that they were gonna give me grief over the CF but it was worth a shot. I'm pissed about the time that the SA wasted this afternoon. He could have simply said it would not be covered or provided me with an update. Instead my afternoon was a waste. BTW. SA's name was Bobby. I don't recommend working with him.

Gonna get a replacement part elsewhere and install it myself.
My car has 129,XXX so it's probably due.

Lol they said your CF hood was the problem? Good one.. Hope things work out for you! I'm still waiting how much it's going to cost for them to fix it..
      03-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #48
JC888
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
My car has 129,XXX so it's probably due.

Lol they said your CF hood was the problem? Good one.. Hope things work out for you! I'm still waiting how much it's going to cost for them to fix it..
Oops I mean trunk. My bad
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #49
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
LOL all good man.
      03-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #50
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

I would stay away from BMW NW. They wrecked my E36 when it was in for maintenance. They fixed the car and I was like ok, crap happens. About a year after that I went to purchase an E90 there and use the E36 as a trade in. They tried to give me way under value for the car and their reason was that it had an accident on its vehicle report. Blah-blah-blah about how they are taking risk on finding a buyer for a car that has an accident record. I will not do business there again.
      03-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #51
Papa_Fresh
Car Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 M3

Bellevue for service in part to I live close but 90% for quality and Wyatt as my service advisor. Great guy and knows his stuff, he's always willing to help. To buy I like NW, family owners and they sell closer to invoice more often.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #52
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
That still doesn't make sense. How does a body part affect the performance of an electrical circuit?
      03-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #53
JC888
Second Lieutenant
Rep

My point exactly. I told them that and the sa was like since it was removed from the factory trunk, it was "tampered" with and so cpo wouldn't cover it.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #54
CivicKilla
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 x-drive

Seattle - fuck a whole bunch of Bellevue
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #55
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

FWIW, I take a 45 min drive to BMW SEATTLE instead of a 10 minute drive to Bellevue BMW cause all of my contacts at Bellevue have left me flat. They've definitely got something in the cool aid in Bellevue, just not right, like much of Bellevue itself, holier than thou, Yadda Yadda. SEATTLE BMW has been amazing from the word go, and even when things go Tango Uniform... Still a better experience than the pompous asshatery in Bellevue. Seattle wants your business, and they will earn it.

My experience over the last 6 years anyway, ymmv.
      04-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #56
CivicKilla
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 x-drive

I say again

SEATTLE......
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #57
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
FWIW, I take a 45 min drive to BMW SEATTLE instead of a 10 minute drive to Bellevue BMW cause all of my contacts at Bellevue have left me flat. They've definitely got something in the cool aid in Bellevue, just not right, like much of Bellevue itself, holier than thou, Yadda Yadda. SEATTLE BMW has been amazing from the word go, and even when things go Tango Uniform... Still a better experience than the pompous asshatery in Bellevue. Seattle wants your business, and they will earn it.

My experience over the last 6 years anyway, ymmv.
Interesting observation. I got the exact same vibe from the Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, and BMW dealer in Bellevue. They all behave like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car at MSRP. The only good service department that I have visited so far is Barrier Porsche who have techs that truly appreciate the cars (of course they charge you an arm and a leg for the service). Needless to say, I took my new Porsche order to Bellingham instead.

I had taken my M3 with the aftermarket exhaust to BMW Seattle many times and no one said any thing about it. Work was done expeditiously while I'm at work. I have never had problem with them. Overall, I would still choose Seattle over Bellevue for service work even though I live in Bellevue now.
      04-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #58
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Interesting observation. I got the exact same vibe from the Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, and BMW dealer in Bellevue. They all behave like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car at MSRP. The only good service department that I have visited so far is Barrier Porsche who have techs that truly appreciate the cars (of course they charge you an arm and a leg for the service). Needless to say, I took my new Porsche order to Bellingham instead.

I had taken my M3 with the aftermarket exhaust to BMW Seattle many times and no one said any thing about it. Work was done expeditiously while I'm at work. I have never had problem with them. Overall, I would still choose Seattle over Bellevue for service work even though I live in Bellevue now.
Yeah, It's weird I get good service, run into good attitudes just about everywhere in Bellevue, there's just some sorta screwed up attitude in the auto industry. Hasn't just been BMW either... Though Wade's is sort of an exception, a gun store with a Bellevue auto sales attitude and pricing.
      04-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #59
FastFour
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

We purchased our new 2003 330Ci from Bellevue but I never went there for service. We always went to Seattle (old location) for service. Fast forward to last month when we wanted a 2011 335d which Seattle had. It sold the day before I could get in to buy it. Went into Bellevue to deal on a 2011 d and was treated me like a moron (even though we'd purchased from them before). They were asking 43k for the car and we just couldn't come to an agreement on price.

We found the perfect car (2011 d with Msport w/ 14k) in Beverly Hills and flew down the next weekend and drove it back up.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #60
danielfastv6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I've had better luck with BMW nw
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #61
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Bump - any current experience? this thread is pretty old.

Need to get around to getting my recalls done. It's pretty much the same distance either way (100 minutes with no traffic, ugh). Leaning towards BMW Seattle.

I've been to BMW dealers in Canada, which ironically are closer to me than the ones in Seattle - but they can't help me with a recall for the USA. Otherwise, I've never needed to go to a BMW dealer here in my life.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 04:24 PM   #62
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post

Need to get around to getting my recalls done. It's pretty much the same distance either way (100 minutes with no traffic, ugh). Leaning towards BMW Seattle.

I've been to BMW dealers in Canada, which ironically are closer to me than the ones in Seattle - but they can't help me with a recall for the USA. Otherwise, I've never needed to go to a BMW dealer here in my life.
BMW Seattle and this is the guy I have always dealt with since 2011.

Nathan Morrisette, Service Advisor

Great guy and strait forward. Helped me out several times now.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #63
r4dr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various BMWs

Quote:

BMW Seattle. I'm assuming you're coming from the north which is why BMW Northwest isn't in the mix (no experience there anyway).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #64
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

yeah, north of Bellingham.

I booked an appointment with Seattle - they're going to do the blower motor and airbag. So hopefully we can find something to do for the day.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 03:24 PM   #65
r4dr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various BMWs

Walk over to the International District. It's right next to BMW Seattle.

Be sure to take deep breaths of the smoke, that's a seasonal attraction around here. Don't wanna miss it.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #66
M1Curious
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:

Never bought a car from Seattle or Bellevue but I bought my X3 at NW and I was happy with their service. I live north of seattle too. Nothing amazing but they were very friendly and non pushy and they seemed to be extremely mod friendly, at least my SA was.... they are really into the //M scene down there too.
Appreciate 0