E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Canceled Warranty Thread

07-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #45
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater View Post
You can buy the CPO warranty up to 60k miles, which will then last you until 100k miles.
I was told that it needed to be purchased before the main warranty is gone, which is 50k miles. This is why I purchased mine at 46k miles.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 09:33 AM   #46
Nater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Briskly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
I was told that it needed to be purchased before the main warranty is gone, which is 50k miles. This is why I purchased mine at 46k miles.
Hmm, you may be right, I know dealers can certify a trade in BMW up to 60k themselves, may be different for the consumer though. Ill check on this...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #47
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, you may be right, I know dealers can certify a trade in BMW up to 60k themselves, may be different for the consumer though. Ill check on this...
I believe Mr. 5 is correct, for you to get the CPO warranty, you cannot lapse in warranty coverage.
      07-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
Nater
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurray14 View Post
I believe Mr. 5 is correct, for you to get the CPO warranty, you cannot lapse in warranty coverage.
Copied directly from BMWUSA.com:

What qualifies a BMW to become a Certified Pre-Owned BMW?
Only the best pre-owned BMWs qualify for the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Vehicle Program. To be eligible for enrollment in the Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program, a late-model vehicle must be in service for at least six months or have more than 6,000 miles but less than 60,000 miles on the odometer. They must pass an extensive examination - a thorough and rigorous inspection by BMW factory-trained technicians. They inspect the vehicle for safety, performance and wear. If something is not right, it is fixed. If it cannot be fixed, the car cannot become a Certified Pre-Owned BMW.

In short, we're picky. But when you see everything covered under our Protection Plan, you'll understand why.

Ask to see the Certified Pre-Owned Inspection Checklist. It is your assurance of the quality, reliability and overall pleasure BMW owners have come to expect.

I forget the year cut off, but you still can certify a car past the original warranty of 50,000 until 60,000 miles. I do believe that all of the E9Xs are young enough that if they have less than 60,000 miles they could be certified.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #49
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Copied directly from BMWUSA.com:

What qualifies a BMW to become a Certified Pre-Owned BMW?
Only the best pre-owned BMWs qualify for the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Vehicle Program. To be eligible for enrollment in the Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Program, a late-model vehicle must be in service for at least six months or have more than 6,000 miles but less than 60,000 miles on the odometer. They must pass an extensive examination - a thorough and rigorous inspection by BMW factory-trained technicians. They inspect the vehicle for safety, performance and wear. If something is not right, it is fixed. If it cannot be fixed, the car cannot become a Certified Pre-Owned BMW.

In short, we're picky. But when you see everything covered under our Protection Plan, you'll understand why.

Ask to see the Certified Pre-Owned Inspection Checklist. It is your assurance of the quality, reliability and overall pleasure BMW owners have come to expect.

I forget the year cut off, but you still can certify a car past the original warranty of 50,000 until 60,000 miles. I do believe that all of the E9Xs are young enough that if they have less than 60,000 miles they could be certified.
I'm interested in what I highlighted in bold because I didn't have this happen, and I'll bet you that if the car is after the 50k warranty, you will have to pay to have this done. So, you might be able to get the warranty to 60k miles, but it sounds like you will paying out the butt to get it.

The way it worked for me is that I ( or anyone ) could purchase the CPO warranty from anywhere, if you are the primary owner and you have less than 50k miles. I purchased it through a guy that worked in the San Diego area, but I will never bring my car to that dealer.

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #50
Nater
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm interested in what I highlighted in bold because I didn't have this happen, and I'll bet you that if the car is after the 50k warranty, you will have to pay to have this done. So, you might be able to get the warranty to 60k miles, but it sounds like you will paying out the butt to get it.

The way it worked for me is that I ( or anyone ) could purchase the CPO warranty from anywhere, if you are the primary owner and you have less than 50k miles. I purchased it through a guy that worked in the San Diego area, but I will never bring my car to that dealer.
Yah I honestly do not know, I was just saying it is possible to get a CPO warranty up to 60k miles. Now whether or not you need a technician to certify it after the 50k point I do not know... I would think that the inspection would be included in the price of the warranty though?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #51
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Yah I honestly do not know, I was just saying it is possible to get a CPO warranty up to 60k miles. Now whether or not you need a technician to certify it after the 50k point I do not know... I would think that the inspection would be included in the price of the warranty though?
It depends because the warranty price is totally negotiable.
The 60k is an interesting fact though. I always thought that it was 50k no matter what.

Appreciate 0