E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > wow no dust

08-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #23
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Well found out that Axxis won't come out with rear pads for another year or so...can't understand that..they make the fronts but not the rears..pretty stupid of you ask me..Well instead of the Axxis rears which hasn't been out yet, i ordered the Posi-quiet pads and installed them...They work just as good as the Axxis and far as the brake dust and stopping is the same i think...Drove around for two days and rims are immaculate...Use a damp towel and wiped it clean...it took 2 minutes to clean the rims even though they didn't even need to be wiped down, but i wanted to see how much dust the rear produced...Before the OEM after 10 miles or so the rims were black and dust all over the place..2 days it would have been filthy and make the car look like shit...Again anyone that doesn't use their car for track and likes a clean car, I suggest you purchase these brakes!!!! Hands down its worth it!!
What the hell? Where did you hear this? Well, you probably called the same place where you got the fronts. That's just strange if you ask me. I mean obviously the fronts are more important, but you would think they would simply go ahead and develope the rears at the same time. I mean, you're probably one of the first who bought them, and it sure sounds like you would have bought the rears if they were available. I'm sure most other people would as well.
      08-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #24
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

yeah i found that strange too...it just seems like the most logical thing to do is manufacture both fronts and rears and release them at the same time, but i think Axxis wanted to get into the 335 market really quick...Anyway i have mismatch brake pads for the front and rears!!! Like i said, I don't track my car so no worries...just satisfaction of a clean ass car!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 09:50 PM   #25
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
...Again anyone that doesn't use their car for track and likes a clean car, I suggest you purchase these brakes!!!! Hands down its worth it!!
...and if you DO track your car I had good luck with the EBC Redstuffs. They are available for both front and rear and stop better than stock pads and throw off virtually no dust. They do wear faster but that's an acceptable tradeoff in my book.
      08-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #26
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Probably not as good as the original but i think it stops just as well, I think the difference would be the wear of the rotors...I think OEm pads also extend the rotors...Bmw doesn't want brakes to wear out the rotors as much so they implement softer pads...They don't want to warranty the rotors so they use softer pads....I spent about 4000 for my rims and if it means a little more wear on my rotors, so be it...but i will be damn to let brake dust bake into the finish of my rims and tarnish it...Thats just my opinion though..Its good enough for the streets....not like i am racing the car on the track!!! but for all of you that think the Axxis pads are impairing the brakes, Have fun cleaning your rims!!!
ok, well in fact the OEM pads are actually a harder compound than the OEM rotors are. that is why you must either replace or cut the rotors whenever you get your brakes done due to the "lip" that is made on the outline of the rotor where the pad never touches. so by putting harder pads all your doing is wearing out the rotors more. have fun replacing rotors!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #27
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
Wish our car had automated wheel washers instead of headlight washers.
someone should invent this. just get the headlight washer thing and put it inside the wheel well and when activated it would stick out and spray your rims that would be too funny
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I have over 40,000+ miles on my E36 convertible with these brake pads and its still going strong!!! I don't mind going 40,000+ with my E93 before i replace my rotors...In my mind it was all worth it because like i said i am a fanatic with keeping my car showroom clean...I know its not for everyone the pads but for me a almost dust free pad is a must in my book..Compromising my rotors for wheels that i do not need to clean every single day is well with the future losses in funds!!! But like i said my E36 40,000+ with the pads and no need for rotor replacement yet!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 06:34 AM   #29
AwLegacyGT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Sedan

My STI was a culprit as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #30
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Its been almost a month with my new pads and i have to say, it is one of the best mods i did for my car...Rims are always spanking clean..A little wipe down after three days and its clean again...Love them.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #31
Eberhard
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Monaco

Low Dust Brake Pads

Quote:
yeah i found that strange too...it just seems like the most logical thing to do is manufacture both fronts and rears and release them at the same time, but i think Axxis wanted to get into the 335 market really quick...Anyway i have mismatch brake pads for the front and rears!!! Like i said, I don't track my car so no worries...just satisfaction of a clean ass car!!!
The Axxis ceramic pads probably will emit less dust - but may offer poor braking performance. The reason their ceramic pads are not listed for the rear is probably due to the fact that superior performance of an organic or semi-metallic pads are required for the parking brake (a common practice).

Less friction means less wear - I am not surprised to hear that the Axxis ceramic pads last so long.

If you want braking performance, than semi-metallic pads are indicated since the front brakes assume ~80% of your car's stopping power. And though the better brands offer minimal rotor wear and reasonable pad life, they will create dust.

You need to decide if you want braking performance or minimal effort to keep the "show car" look. To me, high performance brakes are essential and the dust they emit is the price paid.

Eberhard

Last edited by Eberhard; 10-17-2007 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 11:14 PM   #32
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

im waiting for my set of Centric Posi pads to arrive for my 335, they should be here on monday !

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 11:31 PM   #33
seven_227
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i

I actually like it when my rims get dirty, the darker rims makes the car hotter looking
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2007, 11:35 PM   #34
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven_227 View Post
I actually like it when my rims get dirty, the darker rims makes the car hotter looking

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #35
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

well if you don't really track your car, only occasional high speed drives in the highway, i will take it for what it is...For people who like their cars clean, this is the only solution or else washing the rims everyday, which i could not stand...A small price to pay for cleanliness
Appreciate 0