E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > What happened to mod bargains on the forums?

09-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
What happened to mod bargains on the forums?

They disappeared? Anyways, as good as always. I have more to purchase....
      09-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Yeah Alan told me they no longer support bimmerpost. Bummer
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
      09-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I think bimmerpost no longer supports them, but either way - yes, they are gone.
      09-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
E3r2E9r
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Banned for credit card fraud. That's what I read here dont shoot the messenger.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E3r2E9r View Post
Banned for credit card fraud. That's what I read here dont shoot the messenger.
yikes

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
E3r2E9r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbo3 View Post
Im sure that's just a rumor. They are one of the most stand up after market companies that I've had the pleasure of working with so far. I've dealt with them numerous times and never had any issues with my credit card.
Certainly not a rumor
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723058
I think the other thread got deleted. I'll try and dig it up. You can be burned from anywhere on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
SikhE92
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I think bimmerpost no longer supports them, but either way - yes, they are gone.
Based on their account saying "Banned", I'd agree with this statement the most. Regardless of what they got banned for, they are no longer on this forum. End of story.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
GarageKeptE92
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biturbo3 View Post
Shrug.... that really doesn't prove anything. Seems like the dude had some bad luck and it could have occured from other purchases he made throughout the day. I've placed orders with them both over their site and in person many times this year and have not had a single issue. A ton of my friends and many other members have done so as well. Don't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon.
The other threads about them were deleted. They were banned. If you put 2 and 2 together it makes sense. Paying vendors rarely get banned here.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Certainly not a rumor
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=723058
I think the other thread got deleted. I'll try and dig it up. You can be burned from anywhere on the internet.
One thread where the OP admitted it likely wasn't **********s proves that it's "certainly not a rumor"? It would be a new level of stupid if such a large company with a huge reputation would use their own customers' cards to make some random charges.

Not to mention that cards typically get automatically blocked for fraudulent activity based on a suspicious change in usage activity, e.g. charging out of state or in another country, or for $1. A defrauder does this to "test" the card and then make one large purchase later on. **********s would have already known the card is valid, so if they really wanted to use it, wouldn't it more likely show up as a seemingly legit purchase that wouldn't automatically trigger a fraud alert? To me, a hacker would have been more likely to pick up the card and test it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageKeptE92 View Post
The other threads about them were deleted. They were banned. If you put 2 and 2 together it makes sense. Paying vendors rarely get banned here.
We have no idea what goes on in the background. Being a vendor isn't just a matter of paying dues, they still have to play by the rules, too. If you think about it, there are a lot of vendors that sell a lot of the same things, and sometimes it comes down to who has the best deals or how nicely their threads/websites are done. If one vendor found a way to game the system a little and get more exposure over others, don't you think other vendors who are paying the same would probably complain? If you notice, we do have a vendor section and there must be a reason why 99.9% of advertising remains there and doesn't spill out. And what happens when you ignore warnings? You get banned. Mind you, this is speculation, as I said we have no idea what goes on in the background.
      09-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
E3r2E9r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
One thread where the OP admitted it likely wasn't **********s proves that it's "certainly not a rumor"? It would be a new level of stupid if such a large company with a huge reputation would use their own customers' cards to make some random charges.

Not to mention that cards typically get automatically blocked for fraudulent activity based on a suspicious change in usage activity, e.g. charging out of state or in another country, or for $1. A defrauder does this to "test" the card and then make one large purchase later on. **********s would have already known the card is valid, so if they really wanted to use it, wouldn't it more likely show up as a seemingly legit purchase that wouldn't automatically trigger a fraud alert? To me, a hacker would have been more likely to pick up the card and test it out.

We have no idea what goes on in the background. Being a vendor isn't just a matter of paying dues, they still have to play by the rules, too. If you think about it, there are a lot of vendors that sell a lot of the same things, and sometimes it comes down to who has the best deals or how nicely their threads/websites are done. If one vendor found a way to game the system a little and get more exposure over others, don't you think other vendors who are paying the same would probably complain? If you notice, we do have a vendor section and there must be a reason why 99.9% of advertising remains there and doesn't spill out. And what happens when you ignore warnings? You get banned. Mind you, this is speculation, as I said we have no idea what goes on in the background.
Regardless, they are banned. That should throw up a red flag to anyone, despite their past experiences. Whatever the logic or reasoning for the ban equates to not following the rules or not being trustworthy. Would you want to support a company that doesn't follow the rules or isn't trustworthy?

I like the smaller companies anyway that are here day in and day out, que top gear solutions. They are the only one of the few vendors that post in the forums to help the community. The other vendors just post their for sale threads and move onto the next forum. I've purchased from **********s years ago, wasn't impressed with their customer service or the time frame for products to actually ship. Meh. Only reason their are so many fanbois in the review section is cause they tell every customer to make a review thread and they will get a sweet deal. Ask me how i know.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #12
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Regardless, they are banned. That should throw up a red flag to anyone, despite their past experiences. Whatever the logic or reasoning for the ban equates to not following the rules or not being trustworthy. Would you want to support a company that doesn't follow the rules or isn't trustworthy?

I like the smaller companies anyway that are here day in and day out, que top gear solutions. They are the only one of the few vendors that post in the forums to help the community. The other vendors just post their for sale threads and move onto the next forum. I've purchased from **********s years ago, wasn't impressed with their customer service or the time frame for products to actually ship. Meh. Only reason their are so many fanbois in the review section is cause they tell every customer to make a review thread and they will get a sweet deal. Ask me how i know.
Unfortunately I don't need to ask since I know what you're referring to. Don't get me wrong, I agree on every count, but that still doesn't make it right to accuse them of something without real evidence. It may even be considered libel, which is why I would not go spreading rumors no matter how bad the experience.

And if you ask me, I think these recent positive review threads should be deleted since they were banned.
      09-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
E3r2E9r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't need to ask since I know what you're referring to. Don't get me wrong, I agree on every count, but that still doesn't make it right to accuse them of something without real evidence. It may even be considered libel, which is why I would not go spreading rumors no matter how bad the experience.

And if you ask me, I think these recent positive review threads should be deleted since they were banned.
I'm not sure how referring to a thread is accusing. I even said in my original message, dont shoot the messenger. I'm just relaying information cause apparently people can't use the search button on this forum. (not referring to you here). I did also say that another thread about the credit card problems was deleted and someone else even said it too. We can only base information with the cards we are dealt. There are a lot of politics in the background, I wouldn't say everyone here is exactly 100% johnny do-gooder. I agree with your last message. On other forums if you are not vendor on the forum your information cannot even be brought up or the post is deleted even by regular members. It keeps the free-loaders in check.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #14
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

they have had a history of credit card fraud (either by an employee on the inside or due to being too lax on their security protocols with their payment processing). Skinrock, why don't you use google and check out some other peoples experiences instead of making up what if scenarios.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog x6 View Post
they have had a history of credit card fraud (either by an employee on the inside or due to being too lax on their security protocols with their payment processing). Skinrock, why don't you use google and check out some other peoples experiences instead of making up what if scenarios.
Because I'm not the one making the accusation without any proof, so why does it fall on me to find the evidence? I'm not "making up" scenarios, what I described was a very common scenario for credit card fraud.

For what it's worth, I tried googling it, but my skills must be lacking because I only found references to the thread mentioned here and one from 6 years ago.

But hey, if that's what you guys want to believe, it doesn't really matter - they are banned. It's not like I'm trying to defend them, I believe whatever they got banned for they deserved it.
      09-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Because I'm not the one making the accusation without any proof, so why does it fall on me to find the evidence? I'm not "making up" scenarios, what I described was a very common scenario for credit card fraud.

For what it's worth, I tried googling it, but my skills must be lacking because I only found references to the thread mentioned here and one from 6 years ago.

But hey, if that's what you guys want to believe, it doesn't really matter - they are banned. It's not like I'm trying to defend them, I believe whatever they got banned for they deserved it.
MY CREDIT CARD WAS DEFRAUDED BY THEM
THERE IS YOUR PROOF
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #17
redfred18t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I bought my coilovers and wheels/tires/tpms within the past year through them, over the phone, and never had a CC issue (used the same card). If it's true that there was some fraud running aorund, that's too bad. Alan gave me a couple good deals on those parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #18
335diesel
Rep
Drives: 335d Alpine White

They lied to me daily for a week. Who knows, they could be still lying to me.
Appreciate 0