E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Remap failed, unable to pull data from ECU

08-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #23
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335 View Post
Lots of people can remap tricore using bench flash. ZenSport Braintree, P Torque Wolverhampton, Most genuise remap tool can break through tri core ecu aswell. This is why I ask who did your car.
Your right I can think of a good 6 to 8 places they have invested in the equipment to get into the latest ECU's we don't have the kit on site at the moment re maps done v cost of equipment for us doesn't work for us right t this time as fir now we can take the ECU's elsewhere to be done so we can do it but just don't have the kit on site, but we will as we'll have to to offer the service to the newer cars they we are getting in as we want to do everything on site add this to a dyne/rolling road set up that we will use for mapping and fault finding it's the way forward but to do it you need to have a client flow and that's the thing.

If it doesn't stack up financially as long as we have an alliance elsewhere when needed we can call on someone to assist us and invade anyone's wondering my boss has taken the later spec ECU's out successfully removed the outer casing and re mapped as we needed to know what's what....... but it's the way forward. Especially once the F series stuffs cracked and no one has really ready to release F series products on the market place but it's coming.
      08-08-2014, 04:59 PM   #24
Harley Mc Slow
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Hartge B3 335i

Because of the time consuming nature of this particular tune, can I assume that any fettling and fine tuning with the ecu would in fact be non productive?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #25
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Mc Slow View Post
Because of the time consuming nature of this particular tune, can I assume that any fettling and fine tuning with the ecu would in fact be non productive?
once your in there's actually more scope with this method than going in by the ODB method, won't bore you with it but late last year I was educated shall we say as to what extra benefits can be obtained by going ODB V The TriCore approach. There is scope for more tuning ability and this equals more potential and with the later cars the ECU's as we know are more complex have more parameters and once mastered and unlocked and understood the rewards will be very significant not only in power but in other areas such as economy and drive ability to ne but two benefits.

Oddly enough even a 2007 car can if you manage to open the ECU up can produce a more lucrative tune your effectively getting more tuning potential (though this will create I day say another debate)

The ODB way of doing things as far as I'm concerned is perfectly OK it's just that the later cats have left this way if going things behind

Last edited by old grey steve; 08-08-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #26
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

As Rudz stated, jb4 is the way to go.
Least intrusive, proper results, you can switch on / off with ease and later sell it on. Best value for money IMHO.
      08-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #27
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

+1^^
Appreciate 0