E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Line out vs. Amp Question

07-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #1
nbstarpup
Private
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite: Sports Pac

Line out vs. Amp Question

I just installed an amp w/ 2 10's. Anyways I'm using a lineout controller you know from the factory sub wires to the controller, controller to the amp it provides my RCA outputs. however my sony amp came with a line out type connector that plugs straight into the amp itself would I be better using that or staying with my current setup?

I'm not looking for technical advice just looking for everyone's opinion!

Last edited by nbstarpup; 07-11-2007 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
wurz154
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d touring

Already answered private, but for everybody's benefit, leave it like it is, I wouldn't mount it if I were to start all over, but right now, don't change it
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #3
nbstarpup
Private
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite: Sports Pac

Ok for everyone that wanted to know, I did it just so I could see the outcome because I didn't want to be the one missing out on the quality of music. So it's actually too much bass, I have to turn it down to -6 on bass. I'm in the process of upgrading the rear speakers so I can turn it up. I could be wrong and this all could in my head but too me it sounds like it made a difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Joe Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbstarpup View Post
Ok for everyone that wanted to know, I did it just so I could see the outcome because I didn't want to be the one missing out on the quality of music. So it's actually too much bass, I have to turn it down to -6 on bass. I'm in the process of upgrading the rear speakers so I can turn it up. I could be wrong and this all could in my head but too me it sounds like it made a difference.
Why would you upgrade the rear speakers? You'd be WAY better off upgrading the front speakers.
Appreciate 0