E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

09-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #441
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
The world of the BMW parts & service department is a very strange one, Floyd!

I'm almost shocked that they didn't take the old bulb out, throw it on the ground, drive the car's tyres over it several times & then tell me I needed 4 new runflats as well as a new bulb! :mad:

Viv
Well, thanks for enlightening us all on the problems.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #442
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
Cheers for the synopsis guys - I'll be there for the duration - I'll bring me camera and summat for t'barby.
Good to hear Paul- a few more of your excellent panorama shots would be great, perhaps with a few halogens & xenons on this time.
Richard should be bringing the HD video camera again & I'm hoping Matt will get some nice moving shots on his camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Well, thanks for enlightening us all on the problems.
You just can't be too careful these days, expecially with BMW dealers!

I had a quick look at the weather forecast for Saturday:

5 day forecast: Derby

5 day forecast: Nottingham

I expect there will be some variation to that info over the next few days!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #443
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Hello all,

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to come to the meet on Saturday.
Going to be at work and there is no way I can get out of it
The first meet was great and I was really looking forward to the 2nd meet which I am sure will be even better.
I'll be thinking about you all on Saturday ... Good luck!
Hopefully be at UK3!
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #444
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman999
Hello all,

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to come to the meet on Saturday.
Going to be at work and there is no way I can get out of it
The first meet was great and I was really looking forward to the 2nd meet which I am sure will be even better.
I'll be thinking about you all on Saturday ... Good luck!
Hopefully be at UK3!
Thanks for the PM Hiten.

We'll post an abundance of photos & video, just like we did for the first meet, so you'll get an idea of our experiences.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 03:55 PM   #445
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:
5 day forecast: Derby
5 day forecast: Nottingham
I expect there will be some variation to that info over the next few days!
And there already is.. I've had a quick look at the 108hr Bracknell chart and I don't read it as above, Based on that chart, my best guess at the moment is showery with a 15kt southerly or south easterly wind.

However that has to be a low confidence forecast as Friday sees a very intense low dissipating off the west coast of Ireland, and I'd be surprised if they can accurately predict exactly what that will do at this range. Realistically, for Saturday the devil will be in the detail, and I'd expect a resonable interpretation of the details not to be evident until friday afternoon.

Yes, a cop out I know!, but the weather is sometimes (OK more than sometimes) like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #446
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d
And there already is.. I've had a quick look at the 108hr Bracknell chart and I don't read it as above, Based on that chart, my best guess at the moment is showery with a 15kt southerly or south easterly wind.

However that has to be a low confidence forecast as Friday sees a very intense low dissipating off the west coast of Ireland, and I'd be surprised if they can accurately predict exactly what that will do at this range. Realistically, for Saturday the devil will be in the detail, and I'd expect a resonable interpretation of the details not to be evident until friday afternoon.

Yes, a cop out I know!, but the weather is sometimes (OK more than sometimes) like that.
I'lll just prepare for snow, Steve- anything else will be a nice surprise!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #447
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
London320d - are you coming to UK2?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 01:18 AM   #448
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:
I'lll just prepare for snow, Steve- anything else will be a nice surprise!

Viv
No Snow - I can just about guarantee that!. (Whatever we get the air over the next few days will come from the south and therefore be relatively "warm")

Predictions are still changing The 96hr Exeter chart (I can't believe I called it by its old name "Bracknell" last night, through tiredness), has the low I was worried about now much more south. This has the effect of slackening off the wind for the eastern half of the country, and JUST (marginal) giving control to the higher pressure over the continent. The result probably dry with lighter winds again (8-10kt?).

As this shows, it not so much WHAT the weather will be (it's fairly easy to get an idea of that), it's WHERE that weather will be. When you watch the charts, you can sometimes see a game of musical chairs plaing itself out, with the same bits of weather being predicted in slightly different places on each issue. That the situation I see at the moment - It's a matter of waiting for the music to stop.

One thing I can guarantee - there will be SOME weather!.
(Watch for the next thrilling<<<<<<<< boring installment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
London320d - are you coming to UK2?
If I do, it will be a spur of the moment desision on Saturday morning, and will only be for a couple of hours. Realistically I'd say it's unlikely as I lost the entire last weekend to circumstances beyond my control and have some catching up to do - I can't justify losing the several hours traveling. I'd probably also be embarrassed that the state my car is in at the moment - I'm sure it's still SG under the dirt somewhere.... (don't we have an embarrassed smiley around here?). I'm loathed to put it through an automatic car wash or let the Supermarket car wash gang loose on it, but it's finding the time to do it myelf...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 02:18 AM   #449
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
If I do, it will be a spur of the moment desision on Saturday morning, and will only be for a couple of hours. Realistically I'd say it's unlikely as I lost the entire last weekend to circumstances beyond my control and have some catching up to do - I can't justify losing the several hours traveling. I'd probably also be embarrassed that the state my car is in at the moment - I'm sure it's still SG under the dirt somewhere.... (don't we have an embarrassed smiley around here?). I'm loathed to put it through an automatic car wash or let the Supermarket car wash gang loose on it, but it's finding the time to do it myelf...
Shame, would have been good to meet you. The drive isn't that bad and its more fun driving in convoy. Let's hope you change your mind on Saturday
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 06:42 AM   #450
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

Viv, please count me out on the evening curry

Slight change of plan on my part, I didn't realise Ramadan was starting on Saturday (Subject to moon) and I have to be home by 5pm to freshen up... I wanted to cancel; short sleep, no food and long drive is never the best formula but I couldn't let you guys down. Given the 3 hour drive back, it means I'll have to bail at 2pm :mad: Hope that's ok with everyone.

But on the bright side, I'm looking forward to meeting you all at 12pm Saturday
Best wishes
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #451
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Viv, my mate has pulled out - strange it was as I was telling him about Paddy - so just me again!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #452
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It would be good to meet you & your car, Steve- if not this time, then the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR
Viv, please count me out on the evening curry

Slight change of plan on my part, I didn't realise Ramadan was starting on Saturday (Subject to moon) and I have to be home by 5pm to freshen up... I wanted to cancel; short sleep, no food and long drive is never the best formula but I couldn't let you guys down. Given the 3 hour drive back, it means I'll have to bail at 2pm :mad: Hope that's ok with everyone.

But on the bright side, I'm looking forward to meeting you all at 12pm Saturday
Best wishes
It's good of you to take the time to still come to the meet, Ruffy- thanks for that.

Are you still ok for bringing snacks, drinks, sweets etc....or am I just being cheeky now, knowing you're only staying for a couple of hours?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Viv, my mate has pulled out - strange it was as I was telling him about Paddy - so just me again!
I've had the same happen to me, Paul!
I think Pads just gets about a bit!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #453
Mickey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank

Mickey (Marilyn), do you still have the 6x12 number plate on the front?
SoYank: Yep, still got that silly, short plate on the front. And sorry I didn't respond earlier. That mean you are printing new plate covers or should I bring the old ones (or both)?

I am glad the UK2 meet is moving along nicely. I apologize for not being more actively involved (as one of the UK charter members), but, duty calls (called? - whatever...).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. One topic I know I want to discuss is whether anyone has looked into/heard about the iPod interface (problems (if any), price, installation, etc.) here in the UK.

Oh, and Matt? No MPG stories/pictures please. I'm STILL not recovered...

Marilyn
      09-20-2006, 02:42 PM   #454
Mickey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Just read the bit about Ruffy not being able to stay for long.

So, I'll also bring some chips and soda (a.k.a. crisps and fizzy drinks - according to my British friend ) and spare Ruffy having to come up with stuff he isn't going to be able to enjoy [for long].

'Sides, it frees me up from trying to figure out what to bring to cook on the BBQ (as microwaving stuff is [sometimes] beyond me)...

Again, looking forward to the day.

Marilyn
      09-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #455
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
SoYank: Yep, still got that silly, short plate on the front. And sorry I didn't respond earlier. That mean you are printing new plate covers or should I bring the old ones (or both)?

I am glad the UK2 meet is moving along nicely. I apologize for not being more actively involved (as one of the UK charter members), but, duty calls (called? - whatever...).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. One topic I know I want to discuss is whether anyone has looked into/heard about the iPod interface (problems (if any), price, installation, etc.) here in the UK.

Oh, and Matt? No MPG stories/pictures please. I'm STILL not recovered...

Marilyn
Hi Marilyn- good to hear from you again.

Thanks for stepping in with the 'chips' and 'soda'!

Jay (jhbodle) is in the process of installing the new Ipod interface in his car, but he posted here about some problem with the dealer trying to charge him for the software update.

I hope he can make the meet & bring his 'mod' with him.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #456
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

No problems at all with the snacks, drinks etc, I'm still bringing them, not to worry
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #457
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR
No problems at all with the snacks, drinks etc, I'm still bringing them, not to worry
Hahaha- thanks Ruffy!

Looks like we won't be running out of snacks & drinks then!

Nice work!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #458
ES-Jet
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i Sport

Hey all

As I mentioned before I won't be able to make the meet and as I'm not going to be about for a few days, have a great time.

I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Cheers, Phil
      09-21-2006, 07:49 AM   #459
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Where and when are the Northern Convoy meeting?
      09-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #460
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
Where and when are the Northern Convoy meeting?
Viv and I expect to link up between the A59/A1(M) interchange and the Woolley Edge Services on the M1 sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 AM. We're hoping to get to Donington before 11:00. If we know you're on your way we'll consider waiting for you like last time.

Any others coming from the north?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #461
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Is there a Southern convoy (coming up the M40 / M42)?

If not I'll do a convoy of 1
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #462
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

I'll be coming up the M40 from Oxford, so am more than happy to join a convoy.

I wouldn't want to turn up on my own and look like a "Billy no mates!"
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0