E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan II Reflash Dyno

06-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #89
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
Personally, I think Shiv's asking the same exact question I had after seeing those dyno runs.

WTF? How can these figures be so much lower than advertised? I mean, the difference between what he (and many others here now) are getting with their DINAN flash versus DINAN's advertisements is far more than just a standard temperature/humidity variance.

Stop bashing Shiv for asking what everyone else wants to know. Why isn't DINAN delivering on it's advertised product?
So Shiv is the benchmark for a truth-in-advertising and "delivering" products?

There are many dynos that have been posted that show a stock to flash comparison with +53 whp gains, which is inline with Dinan's claims.

Shiv should spend more time with his overboosting piggies.
      06-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #90
NeoE46
Connoisseur of Velocity
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW E92 M3 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
And my point is that bypassing a solenoid has the same affect on both actuators. You may not agree with this but testing, through vacuum tests and monitoring duty cycles of the solenoids shows this result. Regardless of being a good alteration method or not, it does affect both turbos equally.

Scalbert,

I can see where you are coming from. You are correct. The yellow hose has a path through the front T directly to the front actuator as well. You suggested this before. I was using the front solenoid as a gate. I was giving the benefit of the doubt that there was some control (other than mechanical) over the system.....especially with all the talk about boost control logic and targets, etc.

So basically, 1/2 of the available vacuum was controlled mechanically via engine speed and vacuum pump which would be present at all times on both wastegate actuators. The other 1/2 was controlled by the front solenoid for which the duty cycle was unaltered from BMW. The result. More boost.....with limited control, especially at high rpms. Now I can understand the reason for boost spikes, etc. Also means that turbos could still be spooling in situations were the non-bypassed route would have "dumped" or fully opened the wastegates to relieve system pressure.

Different way to get to the same conclusion. Dangerous way of achieving higher boost.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #91
Galal01
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M35i

I have been reading your posts and wanted to ask NeoE46 and Scalbert a question since you are both aware of the mapping of the turbo vacuum hoses..

I have a long going issue with my car which is the 30FE code (High Charge Pressure) and Limp code 3100 Turbo Deactivation.. now I cant seem to find the problem..

I have the following installed in my car which is a 2009 335i DCT.. Blow Off Valve, Supersprint catless downpipes, JB3 and Remus Quad Muffler..

I tried disabling lagfix, removing jb3 and the code is still appearing everytime I accelerate on 2nd gear or higher shifts between 2500 RPM - 4000 RPM I went under the car and the Wastegate arm moves forward everytime you turn on the car and doesnt move after that until car is turned off..

My mechanic tried bypassing all parts in between the the vacuum pump and the wastegate after that the wastegate arm started opening and closing by acceleration.. So basically we bypassed the solenoids, vacuum canisters..

Is it possible that the Solenoid has gone bad .. and if so then how are the wastegate arms moving forward when you start the engine..

Also what is the role of the vacuum canisters...

2010 M35i (Complete M3 with Tuned Twin Turbo inline 6)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #92
805beemer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

the vaccum cansisters are whats used to control the wastegates. As to your other ?'s I have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #93
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
The only way you can fairly measure the gain from different tunes is to measure them all on the same dyno, and even better would be to do so on the same car. It would have to be something other than the butt-dyno, which would not be very objective. That said, obsessing about dyno figures is worthless - if you're happy with how your choice of tune makes your car run, then your tune is doing what it's supposed to.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #94
db2761
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

For what its worth.. I have Dinan Stage III.. w stock exhaust and intake.. here is the link for my Dyno last year

http://www.e90post.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3479

I am very happy with my tune.. car has been amazingly reliable and has no problem holding it's own.. BTW.. the dyno chart was posted in the DFW dyno day thread if you are interested in comparing the other cars/tunes that were tested under the same conditions on the same day..

Regards,
D
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #95
db2761
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Oh.. one other thing.. Now that my car is out of warranty... I *am actively* considering my options.. bigger snails and most likely Shiv's tune.. I went with Dinan for the warranty.. and have no regrets. Now that warranty isn't a concern.. well.. time to take things up a notch..

D
Appreciate 0