E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > When will the dealer's start selling their pre-LCI demo cars?

02-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #1
Hatter The Mad
Rep
Drives: None yet

When will the dealer's start selling their pre-LCI demo cars?

I am hoping to pick up a super spec 335i, ex-dem. Any idea or tips about how to go about this? Do they get advertised, or just sold by word-of-mouth?

Last edited by Hatter The Mad; 03-11-2010 at 04:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

If its a demo they need to run it for 3 months before they an sell it i think.

You should watch the coming soon section of the BMW AUC site.

The production levels were cut back a bit at the end of last year so there isnt the amount of cars getting 'dumped' through the dealers that there used to be.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
yes, it has to be 3 months old to be an AUC car. Problem is since the harsher tax implications for employees in the motor trade, most sales guys, managers, etc are now running smaller engined cars such as 320d's, 520d's etc. This means that there is a distinct lack of bigger engined demo cars in the dealerships as none of the managers want a 335i and get stung in company car tax for it. My mate is a business manager at a local dealership and he used to have 330d verts, 530D M-sports, etc... Now his cars consist mainly of 520D's with a very saleable (but not excessive) spec.

You will struggle getting an ex management 335i IMO - NFS would be a good person to ask as I beieve he looked for a good while before finally buying a new 335i E90
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

To be honest I didn't look at the used market at all. When I bought at the end of last year used values were holding artificially high due to a lack of stock. In contrast new cars were being discounted hard, with BMW contributions on top of dealer discounts.

At that time buying new was pretty much cheaper than buying used. May be slightly different now. I reckon I would have to pay almost £2k more for my car today with VAT changes etc. Even more post April when the YR 1 tax kicks in.

Plus, for me a manual car was essential and I doubt that any dealers would be running a manual 335i demonstrator.
Appreciate 0