E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > $15000 to fix engine per dealer (Options) PLS ADVISE

10-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #45
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

btw this is why I bought my warranty..lol
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #46
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoupeInsanity View Post
So you have rationalized your decision to defraud some completely random third party warranty provider, by suggesting that BMW sold you a lemon. Never mind that there are lemon laws, and if your car truly was a lemon they'd probably afford you some avenue of relief (it wasn't, they don't).

This is like saying "Bob stole from me, so to make it even I'm gonna steal from Sally." Is that morally acceptable in your world? As long as you are made whole, it the means of getting there don't matter?

Finally, you didn't answer my question: were your parents also immoral assholes who taught you to be the same, or did you pick that up on your own?
Did you know that banks charge interest as soon as you sign the papers, and not when they actually pay out the monies? This is allowable by Fed Reg Z. Does that make all bankers immoral a**h****?

Have you ever observed behavior in a ski area? What happens if one guy either gets his poles ripped-off, or one gets lost? He goes and takes someone elses that is of the approximate similar size. Then it continues as a cascade effect, until some honest and innocent victim says shucks, I lost $150. But those guys are few and far between.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #47
MCoupeInsanity
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Did you know that banks charge interest as soon as you sign the papers, and not when they actually pay out the monies? This is allowable by Fed Reg Z. Does that make all bankers immoral a**h****?

Have you ever observed behavior in a ski area? What happens if one guy either gets his poles ripped-off, or one gets lost? He goes and takes someone elses that is of the approximate similar size. Then it continues as a cascade effect, until some honest and innocent victim says shucks, I lost $150. But those guys are few and far between.
I'm not sure if you have a point, but if you do please clarify it. If you're saying "other people in other situations also steal and defraud, so it's ok for the OP to do so here" then I disagree with you, and we'll leave it at that.
      10-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #48
J02 335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If I read your invoice correctly it says your 9XXX+ miles overdue on your service?
Also the car basically had next to no oil left in it?

If this is the case, you have no case and its lack of maintenance that took out your engine, nobody's fault but your own. If Im mistaken I apologize.

Sport pack, JB3, Dci, factory oil cooler, 18" M3 reps, Michelin PSS, painted trim, black grills, smoked side markers, LED plate lights, H&R coils, Borla catback
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #49
Ryballz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

I would probably remove your personal info before discussing felony insurance fraud any further on a public forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #50
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J02 335i View Post
If I read your invoice correctly it says your 9XXX+ miles overdue on your service?
Also the car basically had next to no oil left in it?

If this is the case, you have no case and its lack of maintenance that took out your engine, nobody's fault but your own. If Im mistaken I apologize.
Thats what i read too. 15K interval + 10K overdue = 25k on the same oil? You, sir, have balls.
      10-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #51
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335 View Post
Thats what i read too. 15K interval + 10K overdue = 25k on the same oil? You, sir, have balls.
I think the biggest problem here is that it states customer says only do oil change will do leak later.

Which leads me to believe you made the deciding factor in neglecting the car and that they actually recommend you fix the gasket.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #52
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe- View Post
I think the biggest problem here is that it states customer says only do oil change will do leak later.

Which leads me to believe you made the deciding factor in neglecting the car and that they actually recommend you fix the gasket.
This is possible too. File a case with BMW since its under 50k, but if this is your fault, its a lesson learned the hard way...
      10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #53
MCoupeInsanity
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Obviously BMW sold him a lemon, and it's only fair if he steals from someone to fix his car.
      10-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #54
MCoupeInsanity
Lieutenant
Rep

Why didn't you have the cracked valve cover fixed right away, when the tech said it was causing a "huge" oil leak?

If you can't afford to fix your BMW, you can't afford to own a BMW. Oh, unless you intend to make up the gap between [prudent minimum income] and your income by stealing from someone... I guess that would work.
      10-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #55
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Obviously BMW sold him a lemon, and it's only fair if he steals from someone to fix his car.

Quote:
Why didn't you have the cracked valve cover fixed right away, when the tech said it was causing a "huge" oil leak?

If you can't afford to fix your BMW, you can't afford to own a BMW. Oh, unless you intend to make up the gap between [prudent minimum income] and your income by stealing from someone... I guess that would work.

***I edited because everyone's panties were in a bunch***

Anyways, OP, goodluck. I truly hope that this is being interpreted wrong, but it seems like you couldn't afford the repairs, and in the end, will end up paying 10-fold... Sorry to hear about the loss.

Last edited by Eric335; 10-24-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #56
MCoupeInsanity
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have a feeling i know who he is voting for on November 6th

Anyways, OP, goodluck. I truly hope that this is being interpreted wrong, but it seems like you couldn't afford the repairs, and in the end, will end up paying 10-fold... Sorry to hear about the loss.
I'm curious to know who you think I'm voting for. Is annoyance at the public contemplation of theft and fraud a Republican trait, or a Democrat one?
      10-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #57
jlcolon2001
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 2007

I had a 325i '2003 that hydro-locked. The car was less than one year old when that happened. The dealer said it would cost me $15k to replace the engine. So I talked to my insurance company and they totaled the car. A couple of months later the guy that bought the car from the insurance co. auction somehow got my name and phone# and called me to ask me about the car history. When I told him the history and that the dealer wanted $15k to fix the car he laughed and told me that he fixed the car with less than $2k. So, don't believe everything the dealer say! Get a second opinion.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #58
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

The serpentine issue is a known design flaw in e9x's. that MAY be the root of your issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #59
RMG
RMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
The serpentine issue is a known design flaw in e9x's. that MAY be the root of your issues.
..."known design flaw"????..says who? What are your qualifications to come with this &*@#...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #60
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
How is it a design flaw? The flaw with the serpentine belt is not with the belt itself, it's with the engine mount that is lose, which cases the belt to hit grind and slip which causes more damage.

Beside, the belt is not really in question.

the OP was provided advice regarding the major leak, if I had to guess a leak from both the engine valve cover gasket and the oil filter housing, both pretty common. The Oil may have (speculating) leaked on to the belt and caused it to slip and snap in the drive train.

The root of the case was the "Leak" not the belt, had the leak been addressed as advised by the tech, the end result would not have happened.

Best method is to contact BMW NA, explain the situation and that you are very unhappy that their product did not last the intended 50k miles, and you are requesting that BMW cover the damage. Be nice about it. They may help you out.

Otherwise, contact the Insurance company and see if you can do another course of action. 15k for a engine is way too much and for that you can buy a totaled m3 and do a transplant :P
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #61
autoart
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90 M/ 22 X3

Check it out ahttp://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi Their is a engine in Houston TX for $4000. with 16,520 miles on it
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:35 PM   #62
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
I'm curious to know who you think I'm voting for. Is annoyance at the public contemplation of theft and fraud a Republican trait, or a Democrat one?
Oh, no i wasnt referring to you. I was talking about the OP, how he is mad that he cant get something for nothing, cant get a handout from BMW or the insurance company he wants to screw over, cant get money for doing nothing (well, he did do SOMETHING, it just happened to be ignoring the issue, in effect, doing nothing). Hopefully that clears the water I wasnt aiming my comment at you, poor wording i guess.
      10-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #63
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
I have a feeling i know who he is voting for on November 6th

LOL 47%? These folks are so you shoulda done this you coulda done that, typing away on their 3rd gen core i7 computer with the 75/75 broadband, until it happens to them. What's it called, karma?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #64
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

The report from the tech are actually accusing you of neglect. 10k miles overdue on oil change, and running with the low oil lamp on to the point where vanos and valve lifter don't work properly anymore and start throwing codes. Then you refuse to fix the oil leak, and complain your car is a lemon. If this is what happened, you killed that car yourself.

Get a used engine, and consider your lesson learned (the hard way). An engine will not work without oil.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #65
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
LOL 47%? These folks are so you shoulda done this you coulda done that, typing away on their 3rd gen core i7 computer with the 75/75 broadband, until it happens to them. What's it called, karma?
I was referring to the OP, not M3CoupeInsanity. And uhm, NZXT full tower, i5-3570k OCed to 4.5 Ghz under water. But you were close Anyways, as ive said, try opening a case with BMW NA.

The website for BMW USA contact is:

BMW NA Contact Us

Since your still under the 50k miles, my guess is they may throw you a bone, IF and ONLY IF you can get written acknowledgment of what the dealerships told you (how they said you would be fine without it for a month or two). If, on the other hand, you honestly ignored the mechanics suggested because you could not afford it, then i doubt you have a case at all, especially with 25k miles on a single oil change (and one that was leaking too). They might, however, be generous because of the timing/serpentine belt issues. If you can prove that these caused all your problems, you might have a case since those items shouldn't fail while in warranty.

Sorry OP, I sucks to hear this happening to a fellow BMW enthusiast. Keep us up to date, best of luck
      10-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #66
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Uhm, NZXT full tower, i5-3570k OCed to 4.5 Ghz under water. But you were close Anyways, as ive said, try opening a case with BMW NA.

The website for BMW USA contact is:

BMW NA Contact Us

Since your still under the 50k miles, my guess is they may throw you a bone, IF and ONLY IF you can get written acknowledgment of what the dealerships told you (how they said you would be fine without it for a month or two). If, on the other hand, you honestly ignored the mechanics suggested because you could not afford it, then i doubt you have a case at all, especially with 25k miles on a single oil change (and one that was leaking too). They might, however, be generous because of the timing/serpentine belt issues. If you can prove that these caused all your problems, you might have a case since those items shouldn't fail while in warranty.

Sorry OP, I sucks to hear this happening to a fellow BMW enthusiast. Keep us up to date, best of luck
+1
Appreciate 0