E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Holy crap. Look at this i found in Google maps.

04-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Holy crap. Look at this i found in Google maps.

52.376552,5.198303..type these coordinates into google maps and zoom in. I'll advice it is graphic.. Check it out before they remove it!!

Last edited by Chris_506; 04-16-2013 at 03:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Kinda looks like wood that was wet. maybe by the foot steps of someone who just came out of the water?

Also looks like there was an eye witnesses to the wetting of the wooden dock about 100yds away in two different directions.....
      04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Kind of hard to tell what I am looking at here... I mean, I see the red but can't make out much else.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Kinda looks like wood that was wet. maybe by the foot steps of someone who just came out of the water?

Also looks like there was an eye witnesses to the wetting of the wooden dock about 100yds away in two different directions.....
Idk man that doesn't look like a puddle of water on that dock and if you look real closely you can see what looks like a person being dragged by their feet
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

There is a pretty sweet looking skatepark just a little northeast of the wood wetting site too! Looks like fun!
      04-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
but... it looks like the path of "blood" breaks off into two when the deck widens out.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

There are two people standing on the dock. One is leaning against the railing and another is bent at the waist. You can see the shadows of both of them. The one bending over looks as if they jus got out of the water and is either drying off or possibly taking off a wetsuit. Look at the silt disturbance to the right of the dock in the lake near the shore.

Also, as stated above, there are other people in the immediate vicinity. 3 due east within 100 yds and one north about 100yds with a clear view of the dock.

There is enough REAL crazy shit happening in the world, we don't need to make it up.....
      04-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

I can't pin point the proper vantage point to look at this. The coordinates put it inside the park itself, but there's only user uploaded photos immediately next to the location. Can someone pin point the proper vantage point location or just attach a pic of the image?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
just zoom in to the dock in the lake.

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are two people standing on the dock. One is leaning against the railing and another is bent at the waist. You can see the shadows of both of them. The one bending over looks as if they jus got out of the water and is either drying off or possibly taking off a wetsuit. Look at the silt disturbance to the right of the dock in the lake near the shore.

Also, as stated above, there are other people in the immediate vicinity. 3 due east within 100 yds and one north about 100yds with a clear view of the dock.

There is enough REAL crazy shit happening in the world, we don't need to make it up.....
i am not making anything up, the image is there people can make their own conclusions out of it. I did change the title to not persuade anyone as to what this may be, this looks like a communities park and from the looks of the shade it looks like it has a wooden rail around it so i doubt people go for swims there. also if there is a person drying as they get out why is there such a substantial amount of water next to them and why is there a trail of it to the path, if you zoom out you see that when this image. Was captured there was not anyone with in several thousand feet in the area that could have had the time to walk off the dock and have left that trail on their way out meaning this trail of whatever it is was made coming in. Also such a heavy trace of water would be even more noticeable on the light dirt as it would turn darker and if you look closely to the right of the beginning of the dock there seems to be something that to me resembles a person kneeling down..not sure whats going on here but whatever it is just doesn’t look right.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
i am not making anything up, the image is there people can make their own conclusions out of it. I did change the title to not persuade anyone as to what this may be, this looks like a communities park and from the looks of the shade it looks like it has a wooden rail around it so i doubt people go for swims there. also if there is a person drying as they get out why is there such a substantial amount of water next to them and why is there a trail of it to the path, if you zoom out you see that when this image. Was captured there was not anyone with in several thousand feet in the area that could have had the time to walk off the dock and have left that trail on their way out meaning this trail of whatever it is was made coming in. Also such a heavy trace of water would be even more noticeable on the light dirt as it would turn darker and if you look closely to the right of the beginning of the dock there seems to be something that to me resembles a person kneeling down..not sure whats going on here but whatever it is just doesn’t look right.
The wooden rail - look at the water next to the narrow portion of the dock. Looks like the silt was recently disturbed by someone walking through it. The didn't enter and exit the water over the railing.

Water trail and puddle - My guess is that someone got out of the water, walked on to the dock to talk to their buddy. Stood in one spot for a little while, walked to the railing, then walked back to the water. Then they walked to the spot where they are standing in the picture.

Other People - When i zoom out i count 4 people within 150ft from the center of the dock. 3 due east and one due north from the dock. Google offers a distance scale.

Water on the dirt - Dirt and gravel will absorb water at a MUCH faster rate than pressure treated wood which a dock would most certainly be made out of.

I think your kneeling person is some type of bag. The scale is off for a person.

It looks to me that the person you perceive to be dead is wrapped in a towel and bending over to pick up his right shoe while balancing on his left foot as to not set his bare foot on the dock.

Only 150 feet away, the width of a football field, there is a guy sitting on a bench next to his bike facing the dock. Even closer to the dock are 3 other people. One on a bike crossing a bridge, another on a bike who seems to be stopped to talk to someone else on foot. These 3 people are only about 120feet away according to google scale. Factor in the odds of Google Earth catching a murder, in the Netherlands of all places, and i think we're looking at a couple of guys doing a conservation experiment which required one of them to get in the water to gather some samples while his buddy watched from the dock.

Put this in the middle of Brazil and the murder theory at least has a leg to stand on.
      04-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The wooden rail - look at the water next to the narrow portion of the dock. Looks like the silt was recently disturbed by someone walking through it. The didn't enter and exit the water over the railing.

Water trail and puddle - My guess is that someone got out of the water, walked on to the dock to talk to their buddy. Stood in one spot for a little while, walked to the railing, then walked back to the water. Then they walked to the spot where they are standing in the picture.

Other People - When i zoom out i count 4 people within 150ft from the center of the dock. 3 due east and one due north from the dock. Google offers a distance scale.

Water on the dirt - Dirt and gravel will absorb water at a MUCH faster rate than pressure treated wood which a dock would most certainly be made out of.

I think your kneeling person is some type of bag. The scale is off for a person.

It looks to me that the person you perceive to be dead is wrapped in a towel and bending over to pick up his right shoe while balancing on his left foot as to not set his bare foot on the dock.

Only 150 feet away, the width of a football field, there is a guy sitting on a bench next to his bike facing the dock. Even closer to the dock are 3 other people. One on a bike crossing a bridge, another on a bike who seems to be stopped to talk to someone else on foot. These 3 people are only about 120feet away according to google scale. Factor in the odds of Google Earth catching a murder, in the Netherlands of all places, and i think we're looking at a couple of guys doing a conservation experiment which required one of them to get in the water to gather some samples while his buddy watched from the dock.

Put this in the middle of Brazil and the murder theory at least has a leg to stand on.

lol myth busted bam bam!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

What you all did not see the guy in the white shirt standing in the grass next to the walkway going out to the dock.

Last edited by Maestro; 04-17-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
Bodie217
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '14 WRX, '14 Sequoia

Quote:

Even before I noticed the stirred up silt I thought this was a dog, but that really makes sense now. Two people were walking their dog, it jumped in the water, then got out, and they walked down the dock to the end where the dog laid down - you can even see where it's wet tail was. Then there are two people and the bag looking object is their chocolate lab who has gotten up.
-2010 BMW 135i - Titanium Silver - Procede v3/ETS 5" IC/AR Catless DP>N54mid>Berk Race/BMS OCC/VRSF Turbo Inlets & CP/SP rotors/Pagid RS29/APEX ARC8/Ohlins DFV/M3 Full Suspension and Bushings/Wavetrac LSD // 395rwhp/469rwtq on 91oct
-2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum - Overlander
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #15
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Did anyone else notice what is screwed up with satellite image on google maps. If you look across the water to where the person is on the bench there is suppose to be a Diner, it is called Gateway Diner, it has a website and all and has picture showing that it is located near the bike path and lake however Google Satellite does not show any building at the location. It looks like gravel, either the photo pre-date the place which it hard to believe since the diner appears to have been around awhile since it is 50's theme or it got tear down and is only a gravel lot now.

Rest assure, Apple maps got the Diner on their satellite view. I guess the Diner did not pay google for the free advertising to they wipe them off the map

Last edited by Maestro; 04-17-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

If I'm not mistaken this pic is 2 years old
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #17
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Interesting article

http://www.dailydot.com/crime/google-maps-view-murder/
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSRe92 View Post
Yes it is.
      04-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Interesting! how did you come across that?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Interesting! how did you come across that?
on some website about trending topics, i caught it before it started becoming viral on the web
Appreciate 0