E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > idrive map3 display

07-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
chicagolab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 2006 TiAg

idrive mp3 display

ive read a lot about how to tag mp3 cds and my cds work well but only the first letters of each song are displyed......today out of the blue I turned on the car and it recognized the entire tag, song artist etc., it was great until I turned off the car and restarted it, then back to the way its always been the first letters of each tag. Kind of wierd that Ive used this cd for about a month and nver waqs able to see the entire tag and out of the blue I cuold see the entire tag.

E90 330i | Titanium Silver | Black/Aluminum | Step | Idrive | Sunshades | PDC | Heated Seats | M3 Lip | Roof Spoiler | Front Splitters | Lux 5.0 | Blacklines
Link to my European Delivery write up:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143486

Last edited by chicagolab; 07-30-2006 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
brinta
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW318d touring

I have the same issue. I burn my CD's via Nero. I see the full title of the ID3-tag. So that displays correclty. But that's only with the song it is currently playing. The other numbers are not shown fully. Only the first 8 caracters are shown. That is because of the ASCI format i guess.

There is a guy on this forum who made a movie how to format your CD's via NERO in such a way that all titles are shown correctly. That's the way I am burning, but it won't help me.

When I don't burn it ASCI but I take ISO 9660 then I see the full line, but the spaces are changed to underscores. I don't like that either.

Anybody an idea?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinta
I have the same issue. I burn my CD's via Nero. I see the full title of the ID3-tag. So that displays correclty. But that's only with the song it is currently playing. The other numbers are not shown fully. Only the first 8 caracters are shown. That is because of the ASCI format i guess.

There is a guy on this forum who made a movie how to format your CD's via NERO in such a way that all titles are shown correctly. That's the way I am burning, but it won't help me.

When I don't burn it ASCI but I take ISO 9660 then I see the full line, but the spaces are changed to underscores. I don't like that either.

Anybody an idea?
NERO settings that do work have been posted several times- have a look here.

Viv

Appreciate 0