E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DPF Pipe / EGR Delete / Swirl Flaps

01-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #1
3sgte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D

DPF Pipe / EGR Delete / Swirl Flaps

Hi,

is there anyone that sells a DPF pipe here in the UK? Eco-tune don't sell one without their own tune unfortunately. Is there anyone else who sell these pipes?

Is it worth doing the EGR Delete and removing the swirls flaps? The car is approaching 80,000.

Kind Regards,

Mossy
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
I believe Wagner Tuning does. I'm in Canada so we get the short end of the stick here due to the more restrictive emissions stuff on our car that you guys will see soon enough there.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
It may be worth just waiting 6 months - the recent changes to the MOT may make DPF delete a no-go. My MOT is next month, I'm apprehensive, to say the least!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

I brought my downpipe s/h with the flash loader, Stan at ecotune was very helpful with advice and let be buy a map from them too!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 02:41 AM   #5
Russ.C
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
It may be worth just waiting 6 months - the recent changes to the MOT may make DPF delete a no-go. My MOT is next month, I'm apprehensive, to say the least!
If your car passes the emissions then they shouldn't be able to tell, I imagine your car has a plastic undertray covering the DPF and they are not allowed to remove it.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 05:43 AM   #6
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.C View Post
If your car passes the emissions then they shouldn't be able to tell, I imagine your car has a plastic undertray covering the DPF and they are not allowed to remove it.
Diesel cars don't have an emissions test, it is just a smoke test.

There is only two allowances, one for turbocharged cars and one for normally aspirated cars. Both are set very high to let old diesel engines pass.

If you follow a car without a DPF it's pretty easy to tell.

The fact it will be a specific requirement to check for a DPF, they have to do something to see if it's present.

It will be interesting to see how lenient test stations are, but it will be very easy for them to detect.

DPFs really are a pain in the arse. Failure rates are high and they are expensive. That said diesel engines are filthy and they really should be on.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.C View Post
Agreed about the undertray - and mine is a gut & refit delete, rather than a new section of pipe so I'm not concerned about that.

As long as I warm the engine up properly before the test I should be OK, it's only really smoky when it's idling cold. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks!
      02-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #8
Havana
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 N52 - Individual

I was worried about this too as my DPF was gutted prior to mapping/tuning, and I've recently had mine MOT'd. Passed with no advisories, reading negative on the emissions/smoke test.
Appreciate 0